main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett and Rystall Sant

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    There is a scene in ROTJ at Jabba's Palace where Boba Fett is talking to her and even gives her a slight rub on the chin. I don't know why but to me it seems out of place. Perhaps someone can enlighten me more about it. I mean it just doesn't feel like something Boba Fett would do especially after reading EU it's like the guy mostly cares about his work.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Even stone cold bounty hunters need "love" too every now and then..
    [face_mischief]

He was married for a time, so he's wasn't always completely emotionally dead.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Maybe he had a thing for redheads? ;)

4. Eta-2

Eta-2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Because in the movies Boba Fett is just a hired gun with cool armor, not the godlike assassin with a rigid utilitarian moral code the EU made him into.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What a joke. Yeah, that agrees with the films.

6. Eta-2

Eta-2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    I know. I try very hard to contain my rage for the EU while browsing these forums...but occasionally little bits of hate get out. :p

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Being a hired gun and flirting with some underdressed chick who's probably too downtrodden to resist isn't mutually exclusive.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    there's an idea, he was trying to keep up appearances on Jabba's court, despite all his moral nonsense in the EU

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Things like that kind of suck with the EU however I love SW films and books despite contradictions that occur.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Your hate has made you powerful. Give in to your anger.

11. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm not sure of the story behind it, but I do recall Jeremy Bulloch saying that he wasn't at all pleased with that "addition" to the movies. I recall him saying he felt it was very "out of character" for the Fett he had been playing. Also, nice to know, it wasn't Jeremy Bulloch in the suit when they filmed that scene. So...

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think it kinda works. It shows that not only is Fett a wicked BA bounty hunter, he's also a pimp too. He's a ladies man, unless he's collecting a bounty on them.

13. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'M PRETTY SURE that her chin is NOT her erogenous zone. We can most likely check that off the list. He was probably just giving her his autograph and making her "feel special". Freckles are cute, but what the hell is with those spots?

[That is all]

14. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Maybe Fett wants spots?

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    that's nice, but the Fett character wasn't all that complicated of a character in the film, so who care's if he's pleased that that addition or not..

16. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I disagree with Bulloch's opinion that the Fett/Sant chin-rub, or hanging out with foxy chicks in general, is "out of character" for Fett. He's a stylin' bad*** of the same stripe as Han and Lando; of course he's a ladies' man. Why we should be expected to imagine our heroes, or our villains, as asexual beings is a question I would also put to those who have a problem with newborn Vader asking about Padme. Moreover, if I had that cool-looking armor and jet pack, and was an infamous tough guy of the order of Boba Fett, I would make every attempt to parlay my reputation into an extended score sheet with the babes. The point is identification; if we can understand a character, we can embrace him.

17. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I agree with that. I was just saying that based on the EU material it sounds like he really doesn't want to get involved and is more of a consumed with work guy. He could almost be considered a "Batman" except he had no love interest at this time. There's even a scene where Leia is thrown to the whims of Fett in "Tales From Jabba's Palace" and he declines. Then again maybe he thought Solo had a poor taste in women.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Batman would find Fett fairly reprehensible, given that he kills for money and carries firearms. Both big no's in Batman's ethical world. :p

19. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    True however Fett would probably feel somewhat the same towards Bats. I mean he would probably find the Dark Knight honorable and for that he would respect him but he would also probably feel that Batman wasted too much time and that dealing out his sense of justice would be more effective.

20. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    but Batman has a goal. Fett only ever has a target, temporarily.

21. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Man I really need to think about things before I say them huh?

All right so they only are alike in this instance:

Gadgets
    Suit with cool stuff
    Superfly ride
    And last but not least the ability to make someone defecate at the sound of their name

22. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    It could be worse. You could claim Boba Fett lives/dies (depending on who gets offended first), that the Executor is a 17km long Executor-class Star Dreadnaught/ 12.8km long Super-class Star Destroyer (same), that Greedo shot first/not at all, or that the domes atop the bridges that cause a shield failure upon explosion are not shield generators.

Everything else is fine, really :p

23. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    ^^

That was hilarious! LOL

24. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    If you're the coolest bounty hunter in the entire galaxy, you're going to get the girls. Plus this scene probably shows that he's not that lonely after all. ;)

25. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Not only was Fett the coolest but also the most hated. Bossk hated him. IG-88 though he was a droid and had a personality really had no emotion at all, he wanted all humans gone and even his other copies could not defeat Fett. However he was the best man at Dengar's wedding. No one can handle Fett, he's too much. Not even the Sarlacc could digest this BA Mandalorian.

Sometimes I wish we could have seen Fett in action at the same level of Jango in the PT. Alas it was all a dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.