Boba Fett Costume Buildin'

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by BFett333, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    ~smacking Berk~....That is my only comment to that post.... well that and....awww crap..they don't have a stickin' out the tongue face to post....geesh.....~thpbbpt~
  2. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Again! Again! :p

Oh, btw the faces can be found here
  3. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Gee thanks Berk.....~smack~....I know where the dang faces are! LOL I just couldn't find one that was as good as the MSN tongue stickin' out!
  4. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Back to work! You gotta have this thing by HALLOWEEN remember? ;)
  5. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    'Nother big update. The armour is now cut out at shaped and sanded....battle damage added and one light coat of primer. The sewing is 90 percent done. The second gauntlet is carved so now reinforcing begins. Next weekend....the messy job of carving the jetpack.

Other than a little mishap with some green paint that was a: the wrong colour and b: didn't stick to the helmet..everything is going rather smoothly and right on track.

No chest display though.....least not this year. Turns out the blueprints to build them are missing some important programming info. I can buy the chip from the guy but there is only a slim chance that it would be here by halloween, nevermind in time for me to properly install it. Maybe next year. I'm sure after wearing it a couple of times this year there will be things that need to be tweaked and upgraded.

I don't know how the hell I'm going to sit in this costume!! But damn am I going to look cool standing.... :D
  6. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, we'll just kind of shimmy you sideways onto a barstool :D or there's always the Hannibal Lector route.
  7. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  8. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, yeah...laugh it up you two. We'll see who's laughing when I win the prize for best costume..... :p
  9. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesterday I got the helmet and most of the armour painted. Today the helmet got it's red and all of the battle damage. The shoulder bells and knee armour are also complete save for the velcro and the knee darts. I just need to get some yellow paint to use for the battle damage on the green coloured armour....I forgot I would need more than just the yellow spray paint.

Tomorrow night I'm going to my parents for the last of the armour to be cut out (the back plate and the little bits to attach the elastic to). I'll probably get them at least primed while I'm there as well.

Now for the pesky jet pack....
  10. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    that prize is yours Angela ;)
  11. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    If for some reason you don't get the prize after all this work, we'll have to use a Jedi mind trick on the judges... ;)
  12. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still dying to see this costume... :)

Indy
  13. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Got a call tonight....range finder is done!! Mercury switch and all!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I've got about 6 billion things to do in the next couple of days because I'm wearing it to a halloween party on the 25th...likely sans jetpack....but maybe not. I'm also making a seventies rock star costume for my husband, Dr. Evil for the singer in the band and Mini Me for his 3 year old daughter, Zoro for my friend at work little guy, a dress for a very large man at work who is going to go in drag and ummmmmmm.....uhhhhh.....geesh......oh yeah....I'm helping my friend out with hers. Phew!!!

So far I'll be wearing it four times. with almost a week in between the first and second wearing to work out bugs. And I'm sure there will be some since I haven't actually had it all on yet. Dang...I better get rollin'!!
  14. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    And oh yeah....the helmet paint job turned out UNBELIEVEABLE!!! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I thought about bring the helmet with me on Monday but I'm not going to....I want you guys to see the whole package all at once!!

And that Sintra...a freakin' thing of beauty!! The battle damage on the armour isn't painted on....it's actual damage with paint in it! Thank god for dremels!!!!
  15. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Wow... all those costumes [face_plain]

I'm surprised you're getting yours done at all!
  16. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a thought, (yes it hurt) :p For the very large drag queen, if you haven't already got the fabric, maybe check out the Addition-Elles at South Edmonton Common. They usually have scary clothes(lots of polyester) but sometimes you can find dresses marked way down. Then you could spend more time on embelishments, like the Maribou and stuff.
  17. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhhhh Terry....just WAIT until you see pictures of this. I bought fabric at Fanny's....black with silver/rainbowish multi-sized "sequins" that are glued right down to the fabric. My sewing maching hates it but it looks fantasic! That....and a lot of feather boa around the neck line and bottom...of course up the big slit in the center......a work of art, I tell you!
  18. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  19. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds fantastic :D I feel for you with the sequins, Kit had a dance costume that took me forever, the foot kept pulling them off, and they would slide inside and jam the bobin. :mad:
  20. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of costumes, I just finished my Darth Maul costume for Halloween.

It took me 2 hours and just over 100 bucks but I got it done (except for boots)

Now I just have to build the Lightsaber :_|
  21. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Crap. The bad guys can add another one to their roster. :(

(btw, Danny, if you keep saying "does not count as an action" all night I will hurt you :p)
  22. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
  23. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dear Diary..... :D

Let me start off my saying thank goodness for duct tape. Tonight was the first wearing of the almost done Fett costume. Wellllll.....it was good and bad. It started off bad.....of course it had to since I finished it as much as it was going to be finished for tonight as I was calling the cab. I'm standing out in the parking lot and I'm obviously holding my helmet retarted because the visor popped free on one side. I thought I had duct tape in my bag so I wasn't TOO worried.

I got into the cab without much difficulty, which surprised me. Oh...no jetpack, and I've decided that's the way it's going to stay....at least for this year. I got to the hall and walked to the table where my friends were as my knee guards are sliding down my legs. No worries...I have a pocket full of safety pins. Hmmmmm...but no duct tape. So I ask one of my friends who is the DJ for the party. He comes to my rescue with the duct tape. So visor duct taped, knee guards pinned....all it right in my little world. Ummmm....that is until I stand back up. At some point I loose a set of toe spikes. Not really lost....just lying uncerimoniously on the floor by my foot. As if they had just jumped off. The other one....on solid as a rock. Go figure. Around this time I also loose my hair elastic. Since one of the things I didn't get done is my neck thingy I have nothing really to tuck my hair into.

I had arrive at the hall with my guantlets in a plastic bag. I figured it would be easier to pay the cabby without them on. Anyway.....they aren't really finished but look okay. When I was playing with them prior to leaving the bottoms squeezed into the tops nicely and stayed good and tight. Now, however.....different story. Duct tape to the rescue once again. That and a redesign floating around in my head.

Thankfully....that's where the bad stuff ends. There are lots of things I want to change to tweek the costume...but really otherwise it went well. I can sit in it....which was a concern with all of that stuff around my waist and the cod piece. I can dance in it.....with and without the gauntlets on.....and with the helmet on. Had to test it all out. :D

Okay...so it's not totally the end of the bad stuff. The worst thing of all was that I lost a best costume contest. Well..that's not the bad part....the bad part is who won.....a FREAKIN' hobbit!!! Now I REALLY dislike those movies!!! :p

Oh yeah...and someone thought I was from G.I. Joe. Another guy wanted to know if I was Jango Fett or Bubba Fett. Yeah...Bubba......that's me.

Anyway...that's the scoop. It's like 2:06 in the a.m....and I'm still fairly wide awake so I think I'll just clean my mess up from the panic costume building session today and get organized for a big costume work day tomorrow....must do everyone elses and fix mine.
  24. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't believe you lost to a hobit! I mean I like LOTR but gee, a waist coat, some fuzzy feet and a cape??
  25. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...and I have huge issues with feet....I hate them with a passion.....so watching hers all night....with dog hair glued to the....~shudder~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.