Boba Fett Costume Buildin'

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by BFett333, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  2. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    [Smeagol]We'll fix them, we's will. Gollum. Gollum. Stupid, fat hobbitses...[/Smeagol] [face_mischief]
  3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Dude, that's what I just said :p
  4. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    [Vader] That is correct, Commander. [/Vader]
  5. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Quoting thread is that way dude -----> :p

6. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to toot my own horn here for a moment....and not really for what Fett looks like because I'm already working through in my head the changes I need to make for next year. But....really.....how well did that costume stand up in a crowd of that many? Geesh...I lost a single toe spike. Not even the whole toe spike set...just a single spike. I think the biggest casualty besides that are my wrists....which I have to say are killing me from having those guantlets rubbing on them all night. That will definitely come in to factor when I redesign them. That and at the very least a new visor.....but I think really what I need is a new helmet all together. And to be honest...I'm not sure now that I'll ever make the jetpack. I think I might just be too damn little to successfully manuover with that on in a crowd that size. But we'll see. Maybe I'll just have the Troopers walk out in front of me and Darth Maul behind me to clear space all night.... ;) Oh...and Boba can't drink any more. Peeing....all though very possible is too damn hard...and beer just isn't worth that kind of effort :D Although....I think I'm going to put snaps to hold the vest down under the belts instead of pins which would make things a tad easier.

Oh and big thanks to Terry and her zillions of elastic which came to the rescue a couple of times with the hair and the velcro on my leather belt...it was certainly a group effort for those of us in armour last night! ;) Oh and Kevin and Dave......we need to have a serious look at how that strap between your legs does up....and doesn't stay done up. Preferrably while it's not on you though.. ;) I think that would have saved you both a lot of grief!
  7. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi Angela,

It was a fun night out.... but it is an awkward costume to wear around to a bar. What part are you talking about on our armor. Is it the calve area or are you talking about our ass part *lol*. I know it has a tendacy to shift down eventually. Well at least its dark at the bar...no one really sees it :)
  8. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a little bit sad....now that Halloween is over and basically Boba is all built. I think I decided this morning that right away....likely in the next month or so...I'm going to start re-building Boba and start building Jango. I figured it would be a good time while all the stuff I did on Boba is fresh in my mind. And if I'm going to build one set of gauntlets....why not two. That...and I'm sure my dad would appreciate getting that huge sheet of Sintra out of his basement. And while I'm at it....I think I'll use up all the Sintra and cut out the pieces for a couple of others as well.....perhaps Zam Wessel.....maybe an AT-AT Driver...although I think I would have a hell of a time finding that helmet. Then of course there are the Amidala costumes I want to build...and so on and so on. We really need to find more events that we can dress up for!
  9. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes it is a little sad... Say you're just a costume queen aren't you? Can you build me a Cylon costume... I would be internally grateful to you. :D
  10. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it could be done, Dave....don't tempt me unless you're serious! All I'd need is .....a sheet of Sintra....a lot of PVC to ABS glue...and a ton of Epoxy Putty and we're good to go! Basically, anyway. That and your DVD's so I can get all the details down. We'll talk, if you're serious.
  11. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    Really? I priced one out! It ways like 60 pounds. It would cost me $4000 for the costume... hmmm... would love a cylon costume.
  12. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    $4000!!! :eek:

Just buy a bunch of Old Dutch chip boxes and a roll of duct tape, cost you under $20 ;) :p
  13. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well it really authentic looking... check this site out

http://webhome.idirect.com/~tk421/cylon.htm

I was talking to a guy on ebay about 4 months back.. he would build the helmet for me with the "cylon eye"... he would charge me $800 US. This would be the coolest costume out there. You couldn't move but you'd look cool. If you thought I had a hard time with the Stormtrooper costume... you should see how a Cylon moves.
  14. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
  15. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    See.....I think the helmet would be the only thing you'd need to buy....but maybe not even that. It would take a ton of work for sure...but Sintra is AMAZING stuff! If I got the seams sealed really well so they were invisible and we could find the right paint....I really think it's doable! And the Sintra is soooo light.
  16. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's baaaaaack!!

I'm getting all excited about all of these new opportunites to wear costumes! I'm getting the short in my range finder fixed this weekend, I'm going to my dad's to cut out stuff for Boba tomorrow night and I'm going to try to take in the vest and undershirt this weekend as well. I'd rather look like a girl Boba than a chubby Boba. Plus the armour will be closer together without all the extra fabric to spread out on.

Hopefully new gauntlets too. But at least I have the old ones still just in case I don't get them done in time. Dang...that reminds me. Casuality of the last night out wearing them....the hose connections loosened. I'll have to fix that too!
  17. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Good luck Angela. Sounds cool
  18. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I bought a new helmet tonight. Ugh....really shouldn't have but my old one is likely only 3/4 of the size of the new one. Now I really don't know what I bought....maybe a fan made one? Who knows. Anyway....I figured if I'm going to be getting more use out of it with the 501st I better have one that fits better...my old one touched the tip of my nose and drove me crazy. The new one, of course, is too big. So now I need to pad the inside. And of course....I need to repaint it and cut out the old visor etc. I doubt I'll have the visor replaced by the 14th....but I will have it painted. Oh yeah....and no lights. The range finder on the old one is smaller than on the new one. Good grief.
  19. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a little bit of work done on the costume this weekend. But not nearly as much as I had wanted. I had to sand off the glue on my one set of toe spikes that keeps falling off yet again. I thought I had finally managed to make my gloves that lovely dingy grey colour however when they came out of the dryer they looked the same. I didn't even wash them because a figured the dirt from wearing them at halloween could really only be a bonus. But of course...even some of that came off when I put them in the water tinted with black paint. I think I'll try it one more time tonight and then say forget it and sew the patches on. Oh yeah..and take them in a little since they sort of remind me of Mickey Mouse hands when I have them on.

I bought more primer for the helmet....however I didn't think it was warm enough to paint outside. Even if I can't get the visor replaced I want to have it painted properly.

I had a peak at how much I can take in the vest and it's a huge amount so that will make a big difference. Of course it also means that the armor has to be moved. Ugh......and a week left....good grief. Nothing like a little pressure.
  20. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh, the joy of last minute sewing :p
  21. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Last night I went and bought some fabric to make the side belt pockets that I neglected to make before and a better neck thingy. Tonight I taped up the new helmet and primed it. Stupidly, I had recently thrown out my left over pool noodle that I had used for the padding in my old helmet so I'll have to find something to use to keep my new bucket from sloshing around on my head.

Soooo.....for the rest of the evening I think I'll get some sewing done. It's really begining to make me wonder if this costume will EVER be finished!
  22. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm, I have a couple pool noodles in the shed, they may have something living in them but hey, it washes. :p If you want some of it just let me know how much and I'll cut you off a chunk.
  23. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Terry! I might just take you up on that. 'Cept I'll need my helmet padded for Sunday and I won't see you until then.....but if you wouldn't mind bringing me a piece just incase I would really appreciate it!
  24. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem, how much do you need, about a foot?
  25. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sooooo...the never ending costume build continues. This week I started removing all of the velcro that my armor attaches with and added snaps.....still not finished that. I got a little sidetracked making a cloaky thing for a friends Royal Guard. Last night I cut out my new visor and cut out the old latex from the helmet. Good thing it wasn't super cold out because I ended up having to do it outside due to the stink. I think I've coated the inside of my lungs with plastic. Greg said it's okay.....now I'll never drown because I'm waterproof...LOL

I got the visor glued in so tonight I have to trim off the bottom edge and get rid of the excess glue. Then I have to touch up the paint and put the padding back in. And of course I have to finish putting in all of the 6 million snaps.

I made a list the other day of all of the things I want to do to the costume and it's mighty long. Hopefully I'll get a big chunk of it done tonight. The rest of it will have to wait. Egads....then when to start the new costume....and which one? I assume Jango since that, surprisingly, will take me the least amount of time. But I don't have the helmet yet. Then there is Zam.....but that's going to be the whole research game again and how to make that helmet??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.