main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett daily life

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yavarice, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    The greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy is only known by his battle scarred armour.

Obviously when assaulting an imperial garrison or chasing down an idiot who stole Jabba's lunch money, he is in that armour.

But what about when he first starts tracking down a bounty. Does he really wander spacesports and cantinas where he would be reconized right away?

How about if he wants to buy a few nerf steaks for that long journey out to Tattoine? Im not sure how the manager of Foodstuff R Us would react to someone strolling down the produce aisle with a missile on his back.

Basically theres gotta be more to bounty hunting than being a combat master. What does Boba Fett do when hes not shooting someone up?

2. HerkMondo

HerkMondo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Sleep, think about shooting people up, eat, slice into the holo net, call Dengar stupid...

3. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I figure Boba Fett's got to be a master of disguise, and while he's normally seen in his Mandalorian commando gear when he's on the hunt, he probably dresses differently when he's doing his daily routine stuff.

Fett's normal day: Check e-mails for anything from Jabba or the Empire, play prank phone calls on Han, work on the Slave I, and invite all his friends to watch the hockey game at his place.

4. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Boba Fett : <womanly voice> Helllooo, Han. I looovve you..

Han : This is the third time this week, for love of God, leave me alone !!

Han : <screams><hangs up>

Boba Fett : And that's Wednesday.

Subtitle- This joke originally appeared on Friends with Joey as Fett, and Chandler as Han.

5. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I see Fett watching Oprah Winfry, crying and saying "You go, girl!" a lot.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Seriously, I think he just sits and watched holonet in his ship or something. And dosnt he have a wife and kid too?

7. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I'm guessing he dresses in normal clothes durring the day. He probanly only goes out of the ship to pick up supplies then just hangs out there.

~Miss Jaina

8. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Boba Fett has even been known to work without his signature Mandalorian armor.

In the Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin, Fett goes in search of Bria Tharen aboard a luxury starliner without his armor. He did so to avoid being noticed. Everyone knows Boba Fett in the armor, very few people know him out of it.

So, I would imagine that he probably spends more time than not in the armor, so as not to give away his true identity.

9. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'd just hate to be the guy who parks his landspeeder in his slot.

10. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    its a major risk though...not wearing the armor publicly...many people would see the face...and while you normaly don't recall another person just strolling about...i'm betting anyone who knows anything about bounty hunters would remember the face of anyone exiting or entering a ship like slave one......someone might not recognise his face...but they'll recognise his property...

11. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    boba fett spends all his free time trying to work out how on earth han managed to poke him into the sarlacc...

12. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    This is nice, I got serious answers (which I was looking for) and humorous responses as well (good for a laugh).

Isn't the Slave I a common KDY ship? Something like how the Falcon is a YT-1300 freighter so it wouldn't look that unusual in a spaceport.

I just read The Mandalorian Armor, and it doesn't seem like the best work. (Kuat, Kuat, Kuat, Kuat and what the hell is a barve?) But how well would you say it portrayed Fett. It sorta matched what I imagined except he talked a bit too much.

13. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Ah, you have been exposed to the Barve Hunter Wars, i see. Sadly, there is no cure for this but : a mindwipe !!

I recall that in the films Boba Fett had very few lines. However, in the BHW he gets very talkative, as you'll discover, he apparently enjoys a good chat. Tell me if you think that is an accurate depiction of his trait from the movies ;)

Edit : Don't you think it is a bit ironic, that BHW completely takes apart every characterisation and personal history of the hunters in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, yet it reprints a word (barve) that appears only in TotBH about a million times ?

Apparently, a barve is some sort of farm animal, and it is edible.

14. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Please let us not talk of that abombination...i've given my rant several dozen times before...and its currently too early in the morning to do it again......

i was thinking...perhaps for things like food and stuff...he just orders from some place that delivers......

15. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I see the armor as being his "work uniform" I would think he is out of it during his off hours. He just puts it on when he gears up to go after someone.

;) of course maybe he just lounges around in a bath robe like Hue Heffner when he is off duty.

16. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Probably has a special set of lounging armor - flamethrower for getting rid of pests like womp rats and Jawas, armored gloves to prevent home repair injuries, helmet widescreen holoprojector, wrist remote control, sofa pack, kitchen sink . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.