main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett-enemy of the empire-opinions, anyone?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I was telling a friend about this comic from a few years back..what does everyone think of this? I personally liked it alot. The fight at the end in particular..

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    It was decent. The Pessimists were hilarious. But that, the big fight, and the artist switch are the only things I really remember about it.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Too childish cartoony for my tastes, so I've avoided it thus far. I tried to peruse it at a shop, but I don't remember being impressed with the Vader confrontation much. Have to see it again to be sure.

4. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Fett does okay, he gets his butt kicked *real* bad once Vader gets going though. And then he actually thinks he has a shot on Vader once he's destracted. [face_laugh]

Yu-huh Bobbie, you just keep telling yourself that. :p

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, at least Boba learned his lesson and tried to make up for it in Betrayal ::)

6. Reverend_Tegoth

Reverend_Tegoth Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    I thought this was a pretty kickass little story, but that the cartoony art was inappropriate for a comic featuring so many heavily armored characters.

Seeing Mandalorian steel bend in silly ways kinda takes one out of the grittiness of it all...

Despite that, I really enjoyed the Fett / Vader fight. While Fett is obviously not quite Vader's equal I think that the fight demonstrates how, under the right circumstances, Fett could take him down (since he held himself back from doing so at the end of the story).

With a grittier, less cartoony and more realistic artist I really think this could have been a real cult classic. Can you imagine the Fett / Vader fight done by somebody like Duursema?

7. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Oh, he was more than glad to get back on his good side I'm sure. :p

I think I'll get the Boba Fett series just to see the interaction between Anakin and Boba, considering the "unique" relationship they have in the future. ;)

8. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Somebody mentioned Betrayal . . .

9. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Good fight at the end. I liked the Issori as well.

10. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Ex, you need to lighten up dude. :p You sure you're not a British food critic? ;)

11. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It also did a great job at showing how sneaky Darth Vader was behind Sidious' back.

"Are you claiming that you do not have this fortune teller?"

"No my Lord, I merely take issue with the word "living"."

*SNAP*

:D

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, that was pretty cool.

Although now, of course, I find myself wondering just why two guys who see the future on a pretty regular basis and in good detail were so obsessed with a head in a box that can do the same.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe it was more to prevent anyone else getting the head in the box..

And I liked this comic as well.

14. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    It was the first Star Wars comic that I read. So it kinda has a special place for me.

15. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    What did the Issori look like? Isard's Revenge had one, which I thought was stupid with such a close sounding name to Ishori.

16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Like a green chick. With her head in a box. Vaguely reminiscent of Seven, though of course as far as I can tell, Gwyneth Paltrow did not tell anyone the future in that film.

17. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I always thought they were aquatic . . .

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    IIRC, they were jungle dwellers. She was the last survivor of her kind; all the others were exterminated.

19. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked it, and I thought the fight at the end was pretty good. I liked the bit where the fortune teller told Vader two possible futures, especially the one where he kills the Emperor and takes over, because I've always wondered what sort of Emperor he would have made.

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Less sadistic, IMO.

21. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I liked it. Thought the story was cool and I liked the art. Nuff said.

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    it seemed to me to be a lame contrivance...like someone had the idea 'let's put vader against fett' and make a story out of it. i liked the pessimists, and some of the cover art rocked. overall it seemed like it was there to fulfill some fanboyish Vs. scenario. the ending when vader sneaks on the emperor was a nice touch.

23. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    It was ok, I think I'm missing #3, but overall it was a decent story. I thought the art was so so, it didnt make the comic for me. It was rather cartoonish, but the story did clear up the "No Disintigrations" from ESB I suppose.

Art wise, Agent of Doom was my favourite Fett comic...actually, overall, I think it is my favourite Fett comic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.