main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett Flirting

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthJohnkenobi, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>In the EU Fett's a goonish virgin.<<
    >>It kinda messes up some EU where it was stated that Boba wasn't attracted to either sex.<<

Actually, the EU doesn't state the latter nor shows him to be the former. He's in fact had at least one relationship with a woman named Sintas Vel, which bore a child that we recently found out was a girl named Ailyn.

2. Freddy-Krueger

Freddy-Krueger Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2005
    There's nothing wrong with Boba being a pimp.

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    He's in fact had at least one relationship with a woman named Sintas Vel, which bore a child that we recently found out was a girl named Ailyn.

In Tales from Jabba's palace, doesn't he state that sex between unmarried people is immoral and wrong? Which is why he doesn't rape Leia after she's tossed into his room?

4. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    In Tales from Jabba's palace, doesn't he state that sex between unmarried people is immoral and wrong? Which is why he doesn't rape Leia after she's tossed into his room?

Boba Fett is, well, not one of the EU's bright spots, and that's coming from a pretty staunch completist. Anyway, to the best of my understanding, he actually marries Vel (haven't seen the article dealing with it--confirmation, T2Q?), though it's a rather odd relationship.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    PF- it's the History of the Mandalorians article in SW Insider

>> In Tales from Jabba's palace, doesn't he state that sex between unmarried people is immoral and wrong? Which is why he doesn't rape Leia after she's tossed into his room?<<

He does say that- but whose to say he wasn't married when he had his relationship with Sintas? Or that he didn't form that opinion on the subject as a result of his experience with her?

Regardless, you don't even need to have that stance to not want to rape someone.

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Regardless, you don't even need to have that stance to not want to rape someone.

Of course, my point being about what he said, not what he didn't do.

7. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Him not taking advantage of slave girl Leia when she's tossed into his room has destroyed his 'coolness factor' with me forever.

8. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Not forcing a women to have sex with him makes him less interesting? Pish. I hate to know where you learned to define "cool." If Boba Fett is so desperate for women that he has to do it nonconsensually, we're talking beyond loser territory here and right into sad, twisted bastard arena.

9. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Ah, the Fett-man's got nuff credits stored he could buy a planet complete with Queen's in each continent...

:p

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    topgoalscorer_no11 posted on 1/12/05 8:06am
    Him not taking advantage of slave girl Leia when she's tossed into his room has destroyed his 'coolness factor' with me forever.
    [hr][/blockquote] How does raping someone add to their coolness factor? That makes no sense.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I personally like the change. When I first watched my DVD's and saw it I was like 'wow...thats new' and thought it added a whole new layer to Boba. He's a famous player,yo.

12. Captain_Fett

Captain_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    It was nice to see a little more of him before he took his famous dive into the Sarlacc pit. It gave him just a bit more of a presence in the saga. I wonder what GL had in mind when he said he would've given him an even larger part had he known how popular he would later become.

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    the addition didn't change my view of fett at all.

14. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Didn't change mine either. There was nothing about his character to suggest he wouldn't flirt with girls. To be fair, there was nothing about his character to suggest he would either, but in any case, I don't think it's a big deal.

If some people chose to build up Fett into this major, rich, complex character in their minds, and if him flirting with girls brings that crashing down around their ankles, well, that's not Lucas's fault.

I find it humorous that people are up in arms about how Fett flirting with girls "destroys" his character (what little there is of it), but have no trouble with the garbage that the EU foists on him -- that dumb virgin Journeyman Protector stuff, him being so besotted with that Mary Sue bimbo in the so-called "Han Solo Trilogy" that he can't kill her even though that's what he was sent to do, and so forth.

Oh, but I forgot. We're supposed to think it's not okay for Lucas to make changes to the story and characters he created...but it's perfectly okay for just about anyone else to do so. Hence: having Greedo shoot first completely destroys Han's character and changes him from a badass into a Care Bear, nullifying all of the subsequent scenes which show him being a badass or a mercenary (and there are several). But at the same time, the so-called "Han Solo Trilogy," which turns him into a doe-eyed, lovesick sap, pining for ten years for some worthless girl who dumped him, even naming his ship after her, and claiming he was "grief-stricken" in ANH because he'd just found out she died, somehow does nothing to his badass character -- that it actually "deepens" and "enriches" him, elevating him from the "arrogant, mercenary bum" he was in ANH.

*cough*Double standard*cough*

15. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    "But the so-called "Han Solo Trilogy," which turns him into a doe-eyed, lovesick sap, pining for ten years for some worthless girl who dumped him (even naming his ship after her) and claiming he was "grief-stricken" in ANH after finding out she died, somehow does nothing to his badass, mercenary character, and in fact, "deepens" and "enriches" him, elevating him from the "arrogant, mercenary bum" he was in ANH."
    Don't forget making out with that women in the Cantina (in a deleted scene).

16. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I think thats it's pretty kool that he flirts. Boba Fett in many ways IS like a celebrity. Everyone knows who he is. The Fett name is very popular to people in the galaxy.

17. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    In Tales from Jabba's palace, doesn't he state that sex between unmarried people is immoral and wrong?

Flirting between unmarried people is not the same as having sex. Flirting can be just that, flirting.

I also agree w/what Shelly posted. Well done.

I wonder, could it be Boba Fett fans really are 30 yr old virgins living at home and seeing Fett flirt makes them jealous? :D

(before anyone flames, it's a joke, I say it's a joke boy.)

18. Wattos_Fortune

Wattos_Fortune Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2005
    By the way...
    Happy Birthday to Jeremy Bulloch.... 2/16/45

19. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    I thought it really added to the coolness level of the character. Actually it's one of my favorite changes in the SE.

But appearantly Jeremy Bulloch himself didn't liked it, claiming that it was something the character would never do. I remember reading that, somewhere on his official site a couple of years ago. Please don't ask me to dig it up again :p...

20. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Fett's always been a punk, but the 'flirting scene' lessened his stature even more. It showed that his focus was elsewhere and not necessarily on the recent events of Solo's friends appearing before Jabba. What would've have been better was having the whore walk-up to him seductively and he turns her down. Then he look over to Jabba and nods. Then Jabba says to Bib about Fett being a dangerous hunter, never letting his guard down, yadda yadda. Of course not having him plow into the side of the sail barge screaming like a school girl would help his character as well.

21. Cloudreaper

Cloudreaper Jedi Master star 2

Mar 2, 1999
    It hasn't bothered me, but I never was much for that wretched Boba Fett EU stuff, nor did I ever really place him in some special category. He's a bounty hunter; a merc. He lives for the money and enjoys each moment like it could be his last. Seems perfectly fitting that he should be on the look out for some 'hunting' of a different sort.

What did always bother me about that scene, though, was purely from a technical standpoint. When I saw Boba cross the room to flirt, I was thinking to myself, "Cool, Lucas will fix that flipped-frame shot when he draws his gun on Boussh." (since now he could logically draw in the opposite direction and be pointing from the side of the room he was on). It was a perfect opportunity and, unfortunately, it wasn't done.

The flipped frame never really bothered me before (I realized it was a goof done to provide the correct flow of action), but ever since seeing the opportunity missed, it does. Go figure.

22. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I gotta go with Mr. Bulloch on this one; it didn't match the way he moved in the rest of the scenes - very measured, caluculating. In the other scenes, he's portrayed as being focused on the room. All of a sudden, he's now "Boobies!" Actually, not really on her, but you get the point.
    I have to say, though, the thing that gets my goat is that the stand-in bears no physical resemblance to Bulloch. That wouldn't be such a big deal, but really, that's all we have to go on there. It reminds me of the Mad TV parody of a Full House reunion show, where one of the Olsen twins had become obese. They intercut their scenes the same way they always had; hilarity ensues.
    Blah. It's just not consistent within the context of the movie; the EU argument's rather moot.

23. VADER707

VADER707 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    At least we know he isn't into any of Richard Simmons workout videos now. ;)

24. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    It's ok. I dont think it really matters one way or the other. I mean, I suppose it makes him seem more human, which is cool, but I think its more likely Boba had one too many Juri Juices.

The EU Boba sucks badly. I think his trilogy was ok, though I havent read it in a while. The Tales books about him suck. He is some weird kind of moralist, who doesnt like Han cause he runs drugs. He is like the Boondock Saints, but not as cool. And he's like 'Rape is wrong, as is sex outside of wedlock' I mean, I agree with him, because I am a christian, but Boba Fett isnt like that. I mean, bah, Boba EU sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.