main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett hates Jedi?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by GRIFFON, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRIFFON

GRIFFON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    I don't think there is anything like this on this board so please don't mod me. *sob* please.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks it's strange when people say that in Ep3 were are gonna see why Boba hates Jedi and the Skywalkers? I really don't recall him hating Jedi or the Skywalkers in the OT (of course he didn't say much). I guess after Ep2 it would be understandable that he hates Jedi...but most likely he just hates Mace Windu. I'm not speculating as to what he does in Ep3, but it certainly won't explain why he hates Jedi. I want it to explain why everyone thinks he hates Jedi.

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]In the PT, jedi killed his dad. In the OT all the jedi are dead. I don't see why it's hard to believe that he hates the jedi. There's no reason to hate dead people in the OT. [/color]

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    The idea that Boba hates Jedi comes mostly from EU material.

4. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Yes, to Fingorfin you listen. :D

5. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    He may indeed have a bitterness against Jedi in the PT, because Mace killed his daddy and all, but that's all speculative at this point...

I can imagine this in Episode III: "Hello. My name is Boba Fett. You killed my father. PREPARE TO DIE!"

6. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300] [face_laugh] IP, that was great! [/color]

7. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Boba Fett is a jedi killer.

Jedi.........die!!!!!!!!

8. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Boba Fett is a bounty hunter. He loves money with more of a passion than he hates jedi.

But seriously, his dad was killed by a jedi. He was hired by an ex-jedi (darth vader) and Jabba to capture han and he had a couple scuffles with Luke along the way. These scuffles were in the interest of his job and making money and being in the good graces of his employers. And it was to cover his own hide too.

So pretty much we don't know. He could hate jedi, and it makes a lot of sense based on what we've seen and his interaction with Luke. He could also just be doing his job which makes perfect sense too. And finally it could be both, which also makes sense.

The way I see it, this question will be answered by his involvment in episode 3 if he has any at all. Otherwise, there will continue to be arguments and the exploited universe will milk boba fett for all hes worth. Haha, no offense to EUers, I'm just not a fan. And don't get me wrong, I love Boba Fett!

9. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I think it was Rick who said that Boba would hate the Skywalkers. The only reason I can think for Boba hating Anakin is that he kills Mace, rendering him unable to avenge his father.

Strange that he's willing to work for him in ESB though, unless he only knows the guy in black as Vader.

10. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Rick McAllum says a lot of things. They don't usually come true. He often throws gibersih out there to throw the fans off and get everyone hyped up and junk.

11. SmoovBillyDee

SmoovBillyDee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I see it as a personal vendetta. He goes after Mace and may even succeed. But you can't stop at one Jedi. Gotta have another, then another, and before you know it, you hate all Jedi. Or something like that. :)

12. d-bane80

d-bane80 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2001
    The DUDE has Padawan braids on his arm...Nuf said!

PS I Know...I Know "there Wookie Scalps" I think thats POODU. There def. Braids!

13. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    d-bane80, sorry but wishful thinking. haha. Its not said at all so it can't even be argued. Even though I don't like the EU, I would accept wookie scalps way over padawan braids because they at least have been referred to as that in a licensed and approved star wars novel, comic, toy or whatever. Plus Lucas and Bulloch have both used the term. whatever....

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It is understandable why he hates Jedi,But he would be too young to do anything about it.Remember it takes place three years later so he would only be so he would be thriteen years old.He could be friendly with the empire.Besides that there is nothing he could do.When I first saw Boba a got a creepy feeling.Maybe thats why.

15. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Please no lame Princess Bride homages in Ep3 George please! :)

Rick McCallum does say somethings to throw fans in a tizzy or to get them to look the wrong way... maybe even get them fake spoilers... whatever. Things change from the time he made the comments to the time the film is put out on the big screen. That being said I think that Boba clearly has reason to hate the Jedi and he will kill Mace in the next film. Of course, that is in my honest, unprofessional opinion. ;)

16. d-bane80

d-bane80 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2001
    Mandalorian_Warrior

We shall see in 2005 ;)

17. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    haha,

yes we will!

18. Sand Hippie

Sand Hippie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 1999
    I think Vader in Empire has a little familiarity with Boba. "And NO desintigrations!" Boba has some animosity toward Jedi, sure. (I would if they killed my pa.) And Vader and/or Sidious probably pay the guy a bunch of money to take some Jedi out.

Look for Boba Fett either being directly or indirectly responsible for the death of Mace Windu... making him even more badass.

MM

19. Darth-Jango

Darth-Jango Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Boba hates Jedi because they killed his father I think in EP III Boba will kill Mace

20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    until jedi get involved with jango, boba probably has only seen his dad kicking butt.

suddenly there are jedi everywhere.
    some obi-wan cat on kamino that almost kills daddy.
    then, a full out battle and his father gets iced.

up until the jedi are around, jango was the man!

now he is only the head!

thus, boba is well on his way to hating jedi.
    i can't see the skywalker thing quite yet - but mcaalum is a producer, not a mind reader nor does he have the ability to see into the future, so i personally take all he says with a grain of salt.

21. Darth-Jango

Darth-Jango Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Does Anybody think that Boba is gonna kill Mace Windu?

Ithink he will because in ESB Vader says to Boba "No Disentagrations" maybe this means that Boba will disentagrate Windu. Its just a thought. It would be kinda cool

22. Darth_Kasst

Darth_Kasst Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    I don't think Boba Fett will kill Mace and heres why, Boba is a clone of Jango, He knows ever skill jango knows and can not learn any new skills, the only diff is Boba does not grow fast. SO if Boba has all the same skill as Jango that almsot means he is not better them jango. So in "theory" If Jango can't kill Mace, then why can Boba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.