main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in Star Wars rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MrRC-Sev, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You already said that, Tarkas. :p

2. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    no I meant that there is rumors that EA canada is making a open world Star Wars game not sure if it's 1313 though.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    And like I said, I'd love it if they did go ahead with 1313. I think it looked like it had promise.

But if not, I'd also like to see the concepts put to some good use maybe somewhere else. :)

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's really weird. My laptop got reset and when it came back on the reply screen was still up with all the text written ready for me to hit post, so I figured I hadn't posted it. [face_blush] Thanks for letting me know.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I think this would be a great look for Boba in Rebels. If (most likely when) he shows up, I'm hoping Highsinger is with him as well, as he was with him in TCW and was going to be with him still in 1313 (as you can see in this picture).

6. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Heck, yeah.

I know it's different seeing Fett without his armor plates (I think I read part of the game's premise included Boba acquiring the various parts of his famous suit), but I really do find his basic 1313 look attractive.

I also found this view:

[​IMG]

I think this would look pretty great adapted for the Rebels animated look (and Highsinger is always welcome). :)

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think that would be perfect.

8. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    It looks assassin's creedish, it kinda resembles Edward kenway's if not for the mask and armor pieces.

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Boba in Rebels is probably a certainty.

10. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, its probably going to happen. I half wish it wouldn't because I would be willing to bet money the poor dude gets the Grievous treatment. Which is a real freaking shame, because I've been a fan of Bobas ever sense I picked up Tales of the Bounty Hunters way back when.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The trailer unmasked character didnt look like Fett so maybe they dropped the clone angle? The helmet looks close to Jango Fett's paint but the original was destroyed in TCW cartoon. Fett's colors in the OT and outfit and even build do not match up to the PT as if they didnt even bother to try.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You mean this guy?:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Nah, we later learned that this fella was just a no-name, placeholder character, put there to show off facets of the game and get people talking about it, before Lucasfilm was ready to divulge that the story was really about Boba Fett. It was never "really" supposed to be about this unnamed character. I'm not a gamer, so I couldn't guess whether this is a common occurrence in the gaming world, but of course it's not the first time Lucasfilm has held back on certain things.

As to Jango's helmet, you're absolutely right, one of them was destroyed by the bomb meant to take out Windu, but I suspect it wasn't the only one. I figure Jango almost certainly would have had more than just the one.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to learning the new canon word on whether Boba's bucket is a repaint of one of his father's (finger's crossed), or a helmet Boba later acquired on his own.

Either way, a turn for Fett in Rebels could be just the place to find out. :)

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    We saw a number of OT bounty hunters in the CW, so it would be great to see some in Rebels, especially Boba. It will also be a nice change of pace to see him as an adult. The CW writers had to hold back because he was a kid in that era, but they could unleash him in Rebels.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I do love the concept of playing Boba up as a "Man With No Name" type. And I still think that, even considering what we learned in the PT/TCW, this could be accomplished. I think it's possible to retain some sense of mystery for the character as an adult.

But that particular rumor? Some random guy kills Boba and takes Fett's armor as his own? I'm not so certain that I buy that one as something Lucasfilm is actually considering (especially given the public response from Pablo).

But hey - it's thinking outside of the box, and I almost always try to give points for that!

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Perhaps he SHOULD show up in the series!

CoolyFett likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well bad news guys Boba Fett and Jango are officially not Mando according to Pablo.

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I worked with the guy who would have played Boba's mentor in 1313. He said he was a week out from recording his lines when the game was canned.

19. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
  20. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    If Lando, Artoo, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Vader, Maul, Tarkin and the Emperor himself can make appearances, Boba is a really odd place to draw the line.

CoolyFett likes this.
  21. King_Kenobi62

King_Kenobi62 Jedi Master

May 7, 2014
    I figured out of all the cameos so far besides Leia that Boba would make the most sense considering the crew and the atmospheres they end up around. I'd like to see it happen. It would give the crew a threat that doesn't use the force but could be just as deadly and it'd be kinda cool to see Rex and Boba meet/fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It would be nice to see Fett show up at some point. He has a reputation of being a skilled and ruthless hunter that hasn't been seen on screen effectively yet.

23. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009

How great would it be to cement him as a real threat, and have him kill off one of the Rebels crew or a significant secondary character? All of Boba's recent appearances keep putting him up against Original Trilogy characters that have an impenetrable storyline shield, and can't die. This is a great opportunity to rebuild Boba's fearsome reputation.

It would be pretty tragic if he killed Hondo, or Cham Syndulla. Just throwing those two out there.

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

25. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Thing with Boba is he doesn't have to kill anybody to look competent. In fact, I would say its tougher for a bounty hunter to take targets alive.