main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in Star Wars rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MrRC-Sev, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    No not Hondo! They had this whole nice talk in TCW, him killing Hondo would be sad.

MandaloreRex2015 and rumsmuggler like this.
  2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009

Exactly! It would be horrible! That's why it needs to happen. If Rebels can make me cry, it will have won me over.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You took my ship when I was 13 prepare to die. :p

4. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't think it has to be anything vengeful like that. Boba Fett was originally appealing and felt dangerous because he was a cold-hearted mercenary. He was in it for the credits and nothing but the credits, and if a former ally got in his way it was "Sorry, but I gotta get paid." We need to bring that Boba back. None of this "honor" BS.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I liked Fett more in the non altered OT, when the character had the original voice by Jason Wingreen .

MrMojoRisin and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'd really like to see him in the show. It has to happen! Then again I want to see more of him in every era possible (okay except emo kid lol). I agree though, you HAVE to make him a badass. Why is he chosen to go after Han in ESB? He'd only get the bounty if he had an awesome rep. So we NEED him to do some really cool stuff, even if he's an erstwhile ally of the crew on a mission or two.

7. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I wouldn't call him emo in TCW. He was a teenaged kid who had just watched his father die right in front of him. All he wanted was Mace Windu dead but a ton of other people started getting killed because of him. I can understand why he would be conflicted. Also once we saw him in Deception and Bounty, he was not the same kid we saw in Death Trap and Lethal Trackdown.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I am anxiously awaiting the day when we learn Boba Fett will be appearing on Rebels. I'll be really happy if that day ever comes (I absolutely love Boba Fett. Even if he isn't Mando. *Grrr!!!*).

And if he does show up? Your idea here sounds like a fantastic way of using Fett in the show. Set to a sound track of appropriately menacing and suspenseful music, have Fett hunt down the crew of the Ghost, ultimately killing one of the members. It would have to be a season finale, of course. Perhaps Fett is working alongside Vader for the first time? I don't know.

But who could he kill? If we're talking one of the main characters, I honestly worry that Kanan may not make it out of the series alive. Someone like Kanan Jarrus would definitely present one heck of a challenge for Fett, and Boba eventually gaining the the upper-hand on Jarrus would be something. I'd be really, really sad to see Kanan go, but I honestly get that feeling sometimes that he has perhaps already begun living on borrowed time.

Or maybe it would be as you say and Boba eliminates a secondary character? I'd love to see Rex and Boba battle it out. I think that would be epic (and I never use words like "epic"). :)

Thing is, I don't want to see Rex die. :( But I suppose if he absolutely has to go, done right, Rex falling to Boba Fett could be an amazing moment.

Ooh, but you know what? Your mention of Cham Syndulla is brilliant. Hunting down and eliminating the legendary leader of an insurgency renowned across the galaxy would be quite the feather in Fett's cap. Syndulla is another character who I've become attached to (if nowhere near to the level of Rex) and now that he's finally back on the small screen, I'd be thrilled to see him stick around for awhile.

But he really is just about the perfect candidate... [face_thinking]

----------

That's a very good point.

Seeing Fett perhaps dueling in a brutal round of close combat with a highly skilled opponent (ala Jango v Kenobi in AOTC), before finally taking the fugitive into custody and turning him/her over to the Empire could be a terrific moment of character building for Boba. I approve!

Of course, the rebels would likely bust the captive out of Imperial custody the following week (but it's not like that's on Boba). :p

----------

I like the backstory we got for Boba in the PT and TCW. And I get why Lucas thought he needed to have Boba share a same/similar voice with Jango.

But that said, I actually agree. I just thought that Mr. Wingreen gave the better performance. His Boba Fett in ESB was perfect. Just perfect.

Speaking of which...

If the (glorious) day comes when Boba Fett appears on Rebels, who are we thinking for the voice actor?

I hate to sound negative at all about an actor who has embraced both his role as Fett, and his place in our community of fans, the way someone like Daniel Logan has, but where his voice worked for an adolescent Fett, any Boba showing up in Rebels would necessarily need to sound much closer to Temuera Morrison's performance in ESB.

So... Temuera, then? Would Lucasfilm simply ask Morrison back? I think that's probably what I'd try to do.

But you never know. Considering he does the voices of nearly every clone in the canonical animated works, what if Lucasfilm decided to ask Dee Bradley Baker to give us his best Boba?

Or, maybe they have someone else in mind? If any Boba Fett feature film were closer than the year 2020 (at the soonest), maybe they'd use whoever had been cast to star in a Boba Fett film to voice Boba in Rebels?

Anyway, I'm just curious who we think would voice Fett in Rebels, ca. 3 BBY?

----------

You and me both, brother! But what I think I'd really, really like to see is a Boba Fett movie which is set right after ROTJ and which opens with Boba escaping the Sarlacc.

One, I'm just dying to finally have the question of Fett's survival answered indisputably, once and for all, on screen.

But I also think it might make for an interesting story seeing Fett crawl or blast his way out of the pit, only to discover that while he was out of it, Jabba the Hutt has been killed; his criminal empire literally up in smoke. Meanwhile, the Battle of Endor has seen not only the destruction of the Empire's new Death Star, but the deaths of Darth Vader and the Emperor, himself! From this moment on, things are going to be very different, with a whole new set of rules and opportunities for an enterprising being like Boba. Think of what a good writer(s) could make of Fett in a world like this.

I think I'd like to see Fett somehow take advantage of the power vacuum in the criminal underworld and set himself up as a kind of Godfather -- head of his own personal underground empire. I think that I'd get into something like that a little more readily than a bounty hunting action romp (Don't get me wrong, I'd wait in line to see the story of how Boba Fett gained his reputation as the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, too! I don't know, maybe I'm just too anxious to see Fett get out of that hole in the desert). :p

Absolutely.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Well, right now we do have this Fett-related mystery in Aftermath. Is Cobb Vanth actually Fett or not? I agree, a good writer, comic, film, novel, or TV could do WONDERS with Boba Fett. There's so much potential!

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Wingreen died in December.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes he did. On Christmas. Very sad to see him go, but he lived a log, full life.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean living into the 90s is pretty great for anyone. Anyway even if you did not like Morrison dubbing out Wingreen he is still the second best actor for Fett and I'd like to see him voice Fett on the show.

Trebor Sabreon and Dinos4Ever like this.
  13. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    [​IMG]

Boba Fett is a requirement for me!

Legolas22 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I don't remember him being a "whining emo kid" I don't even know what that is. I'd like to see Boba be the guy to kill one of the main cast off. He's a true OT and TCW character, so yes he should show up in Rebels. Maybe they can finally explain the "No Disintegrating" scene from ESB.

15. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Yeah, I'd like to see him, too. That man needs some canon missions/kills and these rebels have been annoying to the Empire long enough.

Not sure we'll see the origin of the "no disintegrations" though... fingers crossed for a comic or minor Boba Fett role in Rogue One to explain that one. I'm just not sure that Vader cares about the fate of anyone in the Ghost crew enough to be even mildly annoyed that Boba Fett killed them. Aside from Ahsoka, of course, but it appears he will be taking care of that issue himself.

16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    If we're going to bring OT characters in, I agree, he has to come in as at least a person hunting the Rebels or maybe an old acquaintance as Sabine (that'd give us some insight into her past as well).

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    This would be interesting....maybe we see him finishing up a job where Vader wanted someone alive but Fett would up completely destroying the other guys base/ship/whatever.

I think it would be interesting to see an epic showdown between Kanan and Fett that last most of the episode.

18. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I don't think Vader can hire him as they seem to meet in DV #1 set after A new hope.

19. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Maybe Vader is just terrible at remembering names? "Fetch me that cool looking Mandalorian guy... Bobby Feet? Feta? Something like that...."

20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

The Wingreen voice makes Boba sound like a 70 y.o. smoker.

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I was just watching the Bounty TCW episode on Netflix. Boba was pretty solid in that episode. The bounty hunter based episodes are always great. I'm curious now if Boba Fett shows up and gets his hands on Sabines weapon. How cool would be to see Bo and Satine dealing with Boba?

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm actually very surprised that Boba Fett has not made an appearance already. I do recall in the Vader comic that Vader went to Jabba in order to come up with bounty hunters to track down Luke, and Boba Fett was one of them. I don't recall one way or another, if there was anything to show whether Boba and Vader already knew each other.

Considering that Boba Fett, Dengar, IG-88 and Bossk are all seen in Jabba's Palace, maybe Vader turned to Jabba (off screen) again in ESB to gather good Bounty Hunters. After all, after capturing Han Solo, Boba Fett was told to take him to Jabba.

But there's also the possibility of someone like Thrawn hiring Boba, if Vader cannot for continuity reasons.

There's also the part of me though that wants to see IG-88, Zuckuss, or 4-LOM, given that those three have not been depicted in any story. Plus, it wouldn't be a disappointment if the Phoenix crew got the upper hand over them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

whostheBossk and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Premiere gunslinger & merc apparently is Boba, although other bounty hunters are used on retainer by the Sith Lords(Sidious by the time of the Galactic Civil War for whatever reason chooses Chanath Cha) , and these Sith Lords appear in league with gangsters so they all seem kinda in cahoots one way or the other. I think the idea is more or less that Boba Fett is like the new Cad Bane during the dark times or Imperial times. Which leads credence that Cad Bane is either dead or retired I suppose. Remember Bane was recruited first by Darth Maul and later by Sidious and then by Tyranus or both.

Unfortunately though without SW: Bounty Hunter, we lack a good Jango backstory. Jango's main rivals seemed to have been Bane and Aurra. But there is a clear small universe being that most characters are somehow connected or bump into eachother or within the same proximity without ever actually bumping into one another.

Aurra is absent during the Galactic Empire so far, and she did not leave Boba on good terms . But Cad and Aurra and even still roaming around Bossk and Dengar are getting up there, sometimes they make it like age is important while other times they neglect it.

TCW however removed Boba's hate for the Jedi, with the whole Mace thing, and neither he nor Jango are Mandalorians so there is no connection toe Mandos vs Jedi there either.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I agree. I'm hoping for an appearance in season four, but I won't hold my breath.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's all being held up by the standalone Boba/Bounty Hunters film. Which is likely why they've been unable to finish the untold Boba/Bane Bounty Hunters arc from TCW, or release it any form. I think they're still figuring out the canon story of Boba and the fates of the others and they want to save that for the film.