main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Guess who's back...

Apparently there's fan speculation - I won't go so far as to call it a rumor - that Boba is going to face Mace. To me, that's sounds horrible. What could a 14 year old boy do against a Jedi Master? And we know they don't kill each other. Is the drama in Mace's struggle with what to do with this orphaned 14 year old who wants to kill him?

Maybe they are stuck together somewhere similar to the Dooku/Obi-wan/Anakin pair up in Gungan General and have to work together? But a face off? I don't buy it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    A 14-year old can't be formidable, huh? Hmmm..

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    There is a new TCW toy with Boba's Animated styled mug on it. It's pretty close to a confirmation.;)

4. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    "Children have fought wars and lead nations. Don't think less of them because they are young." - Taylor, Poltergeist 2

Hehehe.

Having teenage children myself, let me say they can be devious.

Edit: This thread really needs the SPOILER tag, btw

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Did Mace or any of the Jedi outside of Obi-Wan really know of Boba Fett? I could see maybe something where Mace is sent on a mission and maybe crosses paths with a young Boba Fett who has gotten himself in trouble and Mace rescues him without knowing who the boy is, while Boba recognizes Mace and is humiliated and filled with hatred over the ordeal.

Also, being a fan of Star Trek, I'm reminded of an episode of ST: Voyager in which a warrior race known as the Kazon sends one of its young kids out to battle against a Federation shuttle to "earn his name," only for the child to lose but be rescued by the officer of the shuttle. The child is then expected to be killed for his failure but is again rescued by the Federation officer. In the end the child is given the opportunity to kill the officer but decides not to because he was indebted to the officer, but promises that if they ever meet again that it will be as enemies.

Maybe it could be something like that where Boba has taken up residence with the Mandalorians who have returned to their warrior ways, only for Boba to get sent out on a mission as a right of passage only to be defeated and spared by Mace Windu who refuses to kill a child, but then the Mandalorians refuse to accept Boba back for his failure, such that Boba hates Mace even more now for costing him his chance at becoming a Mandalorian warrior.

6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    [face_laugh]

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    I would more likely expect to see that Boba is trying to bomb or set traps for Mace.

But who knows.. hopefully we won't have to wait long.

8. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Boba will probably appear in the season 2 finale, and will leave us waiting for more of him in season 3, kind of like Cad Bane.

9. Jonesy324

Jonesy324 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2010
    I think, like many have said, that Boba may focus on Mace Windu. I think it would make for a great conflict to have Mace have to deal with a young boy trying to kill him. What does a jedi do in that circumstance?

10. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes, that aspect of it interests me, basically how does Mace deal with this kid without killing him. If they take that approach I could get behind it but I'm just hesitant to see this punk kid setting booby traps for Mace and stuff. IDK... I'm suspicious is all I'm saying. But I also trust Dave.

I didn't say 14 year old's don't pose a threat. I mean, wasn't Padme 14 in TPM after all. I'm just saying I hope they don't go too far with Boba being an accomplished warrior or whatever they decide he is.

I agree with other posters that it does look like Jango's helmet, but who knows when the toy was made vs. final design of Mandalorian warriors. And I find it weird if it is Jango's helmet and Boba gets it cut in 1/2 by Mace's saber - isn't he supposed to be wearing the Jango's armor (different paint job) in the OT?

Speaking of Mace, he looks like he's ready to hit up a disco with those pants!

11. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Nope, the most recent version of Boba's backstory has his green and yellow armor as the armor of Jango's mentor, Jaster.

However, there's no telling if that will continue to be the case, and it's changed before...so..

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought the helmet was intact.

13. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Right, the color scheme is Jaster's, but isn't the armour itself Jango's suit. I'm really curious to see why he changes the colors and if there's a reason (in the series) why he changes the colors.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I assumed the same as you, but couldn't Jango have more than one helmet? He had multiple jetpacks.

15. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    We have known fett was gonna be in this since last years awful G4 presentation when a sketch of Boba was shown.
    I have also said I believe he would be with The Bounty Hunters instead of Death Watch considering his semi-relationship with Bossk in ESB.
    But your right,this will probally be like the Cad Bane/Aurra Sing season cliff hanger when Fett shows up.Filoni has said to expect Bane and Crew to show up and since this has been anything but a "RISE OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS" season I bet the last 4-5 episodes are nothing but bounty hunters...lets hope.

Also it would be intresting if Boba tricked Ahsoka into being friends and uses her to get to Mace.I guess we'll see.

16. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yes, it would be interesting to see Boba kinda try to stalk Mace. And while no doubt he would be outmatched, it would be interesting to see as some have mentioned, how would Mace deal with a 14 year old boy trying to kill him...

17. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Per the Wook

For years to come, Fett's reputation grew among bounty hunters and assassins. Boba continued to acquire and upgrade pieces of Mandalorian armor. It is said he had at least three complete sets of armor from which to use, one of which was mostly left in the Sarlacc pit. Eventually he found the Mandalorian armor of Jango's old mentor and leader, Jaster Mereel. Along with his new green and red armor, he had honed his skills as an assassin and mercenary, which would one day make him the most feared and sinister bounty hunter in the Galaxy.

18. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Makes perfect sense, but is it the same as what Lucas has in mind?

19. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    14 year old Boba will go after Mace. Mace will be forced to kill him. Rex will quit and take over the green and red armour. A million fan voices will cry out and be suddenly silenced.

20. SciFiGeek17

SciFiGeek17 Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2010
    I agree with Scolai. Don't underestimate Boba Fett. If you've done any research on Mandalorians, they are raised and trained basically since birth. Just like the Jedi. Ahsoka has faced many adult people and have defeated them. She's a teen.

Besides, in AOTC's, I think being witness to his father's dead has influenced his anger and rage towards the Jedi and even the Sith. If not for Dooku getting his father involved he may still be alive. Boba is doing what his father did 'trying to make his way in the galaxy'.

I do hope they bring him in the series. He'd be an awesome addition to it. The Clone Wars has really developed potential and its mostly because of this second season! Lucas and his team are really doing amazing work here. So we need his original ideas from the old trilogy to blend in with this!

21. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm not even sure Boba Fett is a Mandalorian!

According to the ESB novel he just wore the armour of a group of them that were defeated by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. And according to TCW Jango stole that armour. I rather like this idea better, because Jango is a badass for stealing armour off a Mandalorian super commando.

MODS - can we make this thread official?

22. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    The Death Watch are a seperate and opposing faction from Jaster Mareel's Mandos, and Jaster Mareel is whose footsteps Boba Fett follows in. Unless something changes I expect that Boba Fett will be strictly in the middle. He doesn't support the Jedi, but he doesn't support the Death Watch either. He's a neutral drifter, and willing to make money off of whoever shows him the most credits.

I also think it would be funny if at some point Ahsoka ended up separated from Anakin, and somehow ended up in the company of Boba Fett. We haven't seen how Ahsoka interacting with boys her age yet, and we all know that Boba Fett is a flirt when alien chicks are around. There's a lot of potential for awkwardly humorous moments there. ;)

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It seems just fine and official enough as is.;)

24. swcolts1977

swcolts1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2009
    Nice, finally some confirmation. Looking forward to his appearance, his model looks pretty good, hopefully his voice will be cool, and hopefully he'll do some cool things. He just better be shown flying Slave I!

25. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Ahsoka and Boba 4EVAH!!! Just kidding! [face_beatup] :p
    I am looking forward to Boba and, hopefully, the Slave I. I'm not opposed to him working with Cad Bane. Bane's smart, if the boy is useful, he'll use him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.