main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If what we've seen already is any indication, it doesn't look like it. I don't think there's even been any noticeable implication that she's Force-sensitive.

2. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    But there has to be a reason given somewhere in the series for her hatred of Jedi. Even if it just a single piece of dialogue. Given that there are many younger fans who have never seen or heard of Aurra Sing outside of this series, I don't think they'll just not mention it cause most us here on the internet know her back story.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    The end of the trailer where Sing reminds him that he signed up to kill a Jedi and to go ahead and do it...

I'm guessing they somehow captured Mace and that Ahsoka and Plo Koon are looking for him and it comes to the point where Boba can take his revenge against Mace and kill him...

But obviously he doesn't do it... which if that is the case that is just lame. Boba needs to be killing Jedi... not getting "kidified" by Lucas and company.

The only way they can get away with it is if Plo Koon shows up just in time to save Mace and Boba is about to kill him... or they leave with a will he/won't he feeling.

BTW - if it is Mace they better explain why he doesn't use the Force against Boba.. I'm guessing they have an electrical current runnign through him to disrupt the Force??

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The writers for the series have made the Force too large a crutch right now. They have established that the Jedi, even Padawans, can use the Force to toss around enemies at will to the point that it now seems like a non Jedi is no match in any way, shape or form for a Jedi.

This ever present Force consistency aside I think Boba in Slave-1 would very much be a match for whoever in a Jedi Starfighter. Plo Koon was killed by one, count him, one Clone Pilot in ROTS, not to mention that Obi-Wan had all kinds of trouble with a Jango flown Slave-1 in Ep 2.

I really like how this is shaping up.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Seeing how Boba is just a child, it would be realistic for him to hesitate, you can't "kidify" someone who is already a kid.

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Agreed. He's just a kid. Though his revenge sounds good in theory doesn't mean he'll go through with it.

Remember Boba Fett has a code of moral and honor. I doubt he'll kill someone that has no way to defend himself and is helpless(we all know Mace wouldn't be completely helpless but you get what I mean), especially at that age. Aurra Sing is trying to corrupt him and at the end of this arc I definitely see them going there different ways after Boba realizes he doesn't want to be a cold blooded murderer like her.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    That was a stunning trailer. I hope they haven't given too much away that it will detract from actually watching the trilogy. But that looks terribly awesome. Slave I, Plo Koon entering a cantina, Jedi Starfighter, Aurra and her pistols, everything.

I like that it seems they are not making Boba a straight-up villain. He's a messed up kid, who's fallen in witha bad crowd. The trailer shows him both being angry and hesitant about the path he's taking. And that's GOOD, that's not "kidifying", that's "humanizing".

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In some cases that's true ( and is also consistent with things shown in the films ), but not always. For example, they often have difficulty with Grievous, and they don't seem to use the Force on large beasts. When they don't use the Force against "Muggles" it seems somewhat inconsistent with the various examples of Force pwnage in the same series.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And then? It seems to me that they have put together two different quotes on the same place. There's no indication that they are followed.

I don't think so...

I don't think that's a good assumption. After all, it's just a trailer, which very nature is to be misleading.

If you're theory is correct, of course.

We don't even know if they'll meet. How can you ask why he doesn't use the Force against him?

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Woah, they're actually going to do Boba vs Mace....

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It doesn't seem like it yet. Mace hurting a little boy might be a stretch, but perhaps Boba will target Mace by means of missile launchers, sniper rifles. heh

12. clonewarsfan

clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    it would be nice to see Mace decapitate some friends of BOBA, like a bounty hunter ala AOTC arena. lol. Just to piss em off more. that would rock! :D

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You're one of those that like to see some gratuitous, pointless violence for no apparent reason, aren't you?
    Stop the talking and yakking already, cut some heads off!!!

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    [image=http://www.urbanarson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/picard_facepalm1-500x328.jpg]

15. clonewarsfan

clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    Have you ever seen a war movie? apocalipse now, saving private ryan? there are useless pointless deaths..during war, that's what happens. Mace didn't have to cut jango's head off in AOTC right? he could have used the force to take him down, instead he decapitated him. was that pointless violence? I've seen others shoot at Mace and he doesn't cut their heads off..that's what star wars is about buddy, loss of hands and heads..you know be aware of that.

16. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Maybe Mace is in the starfighter at the end that Slave I is shooting at?

There's no way Mace couldn't defeat Boba on foot.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    The only thing I don't like about that trailer is a shot that apparently shows young Boba punching a clone trooper, which knocks his helmet off and throws him to the ground. I don't care how much training Boba got, that's an 11-year old knocking out and armoured soldier with a punch.

18. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    If Padme can punch someone out cold, so can Boba.[face_beatup]

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Padmé punched a skinny rodian female senator. Boba is punching a pumped up, armoured warrior.

20. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Have you not been watching the show? Kids and bounty hunters can be super-strong and put up a fight in any unreasonable way they want.:p

21. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Unless it's Hondo, of course. ;)

Gry, I missed the shot of Boba punching out a clone trooper... that is distressing.

As far as kidifying vs. humanizing... Boba had no problems being a little punk in AOTC tryign to kill Obi-wan numerous times... why would he hesitate against Mace, the man who killed his father? I mean, he didn't even know Obi-wan and for Mace he has had like a year of built up anger and hatred.

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, but he didn't try to kill a defenseless Obi-Wan. There is a differance in trying to kill someone, and killing someone in cold blood. It would make sense for Boba to hesitate, since kids in general are still innocent at that age.

23. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Thank God we always have fanboyskywalker here so whenever we have something awesome to piss all over it.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Agreed. :p

25. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    I think Boba's after the wrong people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjtXvWQWFs

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.