Clone Wars Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Guys, we have no idea if Boba is hesitating from killing a helpless Mace Windu. This is a very truncated trailer, with mixed shots. For all we know Boba never actually captures Mace or any other Jedi. He might be hesitant to kill one of the clones, or a puppy or who knows what?

Looking at that shot of Bossk dragging the hostages into the Slave I, I am willing to place a bet. I'm sure Boba will say to Bossk something to the effect of "Put the prisoners in the cargo hold."
  2. Cortez Jedi Padawan

I think you're assuming too much from the trailer.Also remember, he is still a kid.
  3. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Again, it is impossible to "kidify" someone who's already a kid.

But concerning the "Mace execution", I know that's what the trailer leads us to believe, but more often that not, what a trailer leads you to believe is not how the scene plays out.

Aurra says: "Boba, you signed on to kill Jedi." "Do it." For all we know those two sentences are from completely different scenes, just like the
    "You're both fried" line doesn't seem to belong to Bossk. The "Do it" line could refer to anything.
  4. Dynoblaze Jedi Master

star 1
    SO....... how big will the backlash be if Boba skools some Jedi at only eleven. Or even if he owns some clones?
    That one handed punch of a trooper 250lbs heavier than him didn't bode well....
  5. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    Seeing how badass Mace is, it would be kinda of awkward if Boba were to capture him.
  6. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    If it's cleverly done, I have no problem with Boba capturing Mace. I would hate to see Boba battling one-on-one against any Jedi, though. Him punching an armoured trooper is already way too much. Nobody should be able to knock out with a punch a guy wearing a helmet. I even disliked it when Obi-Wan did it in Mandalore Plot.
  7. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    That is true, but it is still hard to picture Boba capturing Mace, I can understand Ahsoka or the Clones, but Mace Windu! The original BMF.:p
  8. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if we've seen 'Dooku Captured', why not?
  9. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    GL picthed this story. Little by little this is becoming closer to the actual bridge from Episode 2 to 3.
  10. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    How so?

And Gry, it is possible to "kidify" a kid.. you can make him even younger and sillier. Especially in Boba's case where he was already shown to be tough and deadly in AOTC.

RE: the finale I am getting more curious to see how Boba is fairing sans his father. It's a cold galaxy out there for a kid to grow up alone in. But I am expecting to be let down depending on how much of a hand Lucas has in this. IMO, it's better when Lucas pitches the story and then lets others (well, anyone but Drew Greenberg, that is) execute it.

I hope they explain what happened to him directly following AOTC. Wouldn't the Jedi have rounded him up? Or did he just quietly slip away to Slave One and take off in the confusion??
  11. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hesitating, or having second thoughts doesn't make Boba younger or sillier, it makes him realistic. I mean honestly do you really think a 12 year old is going to kill someone in cold-blood and not have any doubts about it? Boba may be tough and all, but he is still a child and is still going to show childlike innocence. And beside like Gry said we don't even know if Boba captures any Jedi, so we are getting way ahead of ourselves.
  12. Monkeyfritters Jedi Padawan

If you look closely, Boba hits the Clone with a blaster, not his fist. That would certainly do damage.
  13. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    I hope you're right. It would make it more realistic.
  14. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not talking about hesitating... I'm talking about an ending where Boba doesn't go through with it and has a change of heart, possibly even letting Mace go or some other "see, he's really not so bad" touchy-feely ending.

And while we don't know the ending, I do know the people that work on the show read these boards so it may have an impact on the stories to discuss plot points they may not have considered.
  15. shanerjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I always liked the idea that bounty hunters are the "grey" characters in the SW universe. They're more compelling.
  16. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    I agree with you that such an ending would be a bit of a cop-out. I do like the idea that Boba "is not so bad", but then again he "is not so good" either. I'm fine with him hesitating, but if it turned out he forgave Mace and let him go on his way, that would be bad.

But to conclude that this is what happens from what we saw in the preview is a little bit too much.
  17. TheDarkPrince Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any word on if Boba will wear the armor.

I'm hoping that's the reson they haven't shown him in the cockpit.
  18. Dynoblaze Jedi Master

star 1
  19. MakingStarWars Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Slave 1 belongs to Aurra Sing at this point.
  20. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    How do you figure that?
  21. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Read the books. ;)
  22. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I got a question, what ever happened with Henry Gilroy? Was he taken off the project or what? His name does not appear in the credits anymore. Now its that Drew Greenberg guy who has done number Buffy epsiodes. Is he the new supervising writer now?
  23. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    EU, let alone childrens' books, is getting more and more irrelevant with this series though.
  24. Kualan Force Ghost

star 4
    Aurra Sing's voice actress mentioned something along the lines of 'it's my ship now!' at the recent Wondercon TCW panel.
  25. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Boy... even to me, an avid EU reader, that sounds obnoxious...

How about giving a straight answer instead? Like saying that in some young reader novel, Aurra Sing captured Boba for Dooku, who gave her the ship as a payment?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.