main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Boba was clearly pretty well trained regarding Slave 1 during ep 2, and I see no reason why if he owns the ship that he won't master it, this is no ordinary boy, this boy was raised by the greatest bounty hunter of the time. You say Ashoka isn't your normal 14 year old, Boba's not your average 12-14 year old dependent on when he appears. Mandalorians are classed as adult at the age of 14 I believe, further showing he's no normal kid.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm confused in regards to Boba's age, or perhaps I'm not and other are.:confused: Dooku left the Jedi Order after Qui-Gon's death but before Syfo-Dais ordered the Clone Army, sometime in 32 ABY. The Clone Wars then began in 22 ABY.

Thats 10 years assuming Boba was one of the first clones produced. We can even make him nearly 11 if we wish which could make him almost 14 in year 3 of the war. But there seems to me to be no way Boba is 12 in AOTC's unless its a retcon I'm not aware of.

Daniel Logan was 13 or 14 when filming AOTC, but that doesn't mean that Boba was his age.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, it's weird, but I get where you're coming from. Here's my two cents: It's kinda like the bit in her backstory where she was found by Plo Koon. From a hater's point of view, it sets her up as a Sue or a writer's darling. But if you're more of a Plo-fan than a Soka-hater, then it's more like a fleshing out of the character you like. Not the best explanation out there, but that's all I've got. :p

Looking at some of the comments, I do think that right now, Boba WOULD be a threat in the Slave 1, though if he goes up against an ace like Anakin (or heck, even Obi-Wan or Saesee Tiin or Plo Koon), he wouldn't stand much of a chance (plot shields aside, people! :p). The Force IS a powerful ally, no matter how extensive or awesome Jango Fett's training is, so I imagine that even a novice Jedi pilot would have to put up some resistance before getting shot out of the sky. Also, he doesn't quite have his dad's reach at this point, so it might take him a little longer to reach those seismic charges. ;)

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think Boba could be a threat in the sense that killing a ten year old is very un-Jedi like. If some ten year old is running around with thermal detonators, blaster rifles, and has Slave 1 at his disposal, what would the Jedi do? Or even the clones? Sure they have the capacity to kill him. But they obviously don't since he survives until the OT, and they most likely wouldn't because, well... he's 10. Obi-Wan's trouble with the Mandos seemed (at least to me) to be vastly increased due to his hesitance to start cutting down other people, as opposed to droids. Now replace those people with a 10 year old boy.

Also, I'd be inclined to think that if Boba tries to kill Mace (or anyone for that matter) he's going to be using subterfuge and cunning to accomplish it. I don't think we're going to have a "Mace, I'm calling you out," moment. Heck, it might be an episode that follows an plot similar to that of the assassination investigation of AOTC. Maybe a Jedi (Mace or Obi-Wan) narrowly survives a trap (without knowing who's responsible for it) goes on an investigation to find who is responsible, finds Slave 1, recognizes it as having belonged to Jango, etc. only to be revealed at the end that the culprit is a 10 year old boy that was acting as though Jango were some how still alive.

5. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    blast! i was hoping for another darksaber [face_whistling]

6. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Boba Fett has the power of FANSERVICE (!) behind him. He doesn't need any training!

7. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    Obviously you haven't seen the new Return of The Jedi release.

Boba's got a way with the ladies

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I wasn't ware that scene wasn't in the original release of RotJ? It didn't strike me as 'new' in the special editions...

9. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    Yeah. They added some more small scenes with Fett for the "special" releases. He shows up in A New Hope now for 5 seconds, and they had him being a player in ROTJ (those three female dancers weren't in the original. They get a singing part too in the "new and better" and horrible Jedi Rocks song which replaced the much better original solo singing by the yellow alien). Personally, I would rather have had Lucas's original idea of throwing in a scene with Fett climbing out of the Sarlaac pit.

10. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    Yeah, there's no way a 10 or even 13 year old is going head to head with a master. Although it would be funny to see reactions from people if Boba did school Mace at 10.

Acting as if his dad was alive? You want Boba to be as messed up as the kids in Neon Genesis Evangelion?

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't mean that Boba stapled Jango's head back on his body and goes about his day talking to his "dad" as if nothing happened. And Mace clearly decapitated Jango, so I wouldn't expect the Jedi to think Jango is still alive. But I'd think that if a 10 year old were trying to be perceived as a threat, he would probably want to hide the fact that he's 10.

E.G. if Boba were to contract a bounty hunter (say Bossk) similar to the way that Jango subcontracted Zam, Boba might put on the Jango helmet and speak into a voice modulator in order to sound older (i.e. like Jango) and contact Bossk via hologram (who may be unaware that Jango ever died). Then there's an assassination attempt on Mace, the bounty hunter is captured, says that he was hired by Jango. The Jedi have a, "wait, how can that be?" moment, but sure enough they track down Slave 1 confront "Jango" only to realize it's a 10 year old kid who organized the whole thing by piggy backing off of his father's reputation and keeping the illusion that Jango was still alive. And since the impression seems to be that Bane only become the most prominent bounty hunter following the death of Jango, such an illusion could bring him into the picture as well.

12. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    That's actually a pretty good idea. You should submit that as a idea for a story to the Clone Wars creators.

13. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009

That could work!

Though I'm not too sure about the subcontracting thing, it would make more sense if he was going round making noise and blowing things up to lure Mace into a trap.

And I'm certain Boba would be around thirteen or fourteen at this point.

By the way guys, I'm sure I saw concept art depicting Mace Windu in an upcoming episode.

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I'm aware of all that. I just didn't know the moment with Boba and the ladies was new as well. I liked the original music piece for RotJ better as well.

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    If its year three of the war then sure, otherwise not.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And how much does it matter if Mandalorians are adults at thirteen? He's nearly an adult, in Mando terms.

17. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    It only matters if that is something they decide to use for the TV show.

I could see Boba subcontracting out and being like "Use this helmet, I want him to see Jango's face one more time before he dies!" and then having Mace try and figure out who is behind the assassination attempts on his life and following the breadcrumbs to a 13ish year old boy. Devious!

18. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Boba: "Please Ahsoka, say something! Make fun of me like you used to, anything!"

*Boba shakes the catatonic Ahsoka desperately, accidentally causing her hospital blouse to come undone. His eyes go wide, and he unzips his pants.*

**CENSORED***

Boba: "I'm so frakked up!" *cries*

19. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    First, ewww. Second, the word you're looking for is "kriffed" not "frakked". Keep your scifi curse word replacements in line!
    ;)

20. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    Sorry, should have wooked. :p

21. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    That's almost works. Especially since Asuka and Ahsoka sound a little alike. [face_laugh]

22. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    That's the idea. [face_dancing]

23. IG991

IG991 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes, we know the gap between Clone and Sith is only 2 years..
    There is no way, Boba can be more than 12 years old when RoTS begins, he's most likely 11.

He was created without any modifications.. He can't age faster than anyone else

24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    2 Years based on what? The Essential Chronology puts Anakin's turn to the dark side at "19BBY(3 Year after the Battle of Geonosis)"

When I say that we can make him 11 I'm simply fudging his birthdate a little based on the vagueness that exists in the current timeline. I agree he'd be ten in simple terms in AOTC. But if we could fudge the start of Clone production to say 32.25 or 32.5 BBY we might be able to pencil him in a bit older.;)

25. Timstuff

Sep 7, 2008
    I'd say it would not be difficult to suspend disbelief that Boba Fett could have been 11 in Attack of the Clones. The date that the clone army began production is a little bit of a gray area anyway, only that it was roughly 1 decade before Attack of the Clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.