Clone Wars Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_Admiral Force Ghost

star 4
    1. Colonel Miles Quaritch is NOT CRAZY! He's just very good at surviving in hostile ecosystems. [face_shame_on_you]

2. Aside from his scars, Quaritch is a clean-cut military guy who wears no braids, not excessively covered in tattoos, or other junk like that.

3. I would not want Boba to look like what you thought Colonel Quaritch looked like. Just my opinion. [face_dancing]
  2. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Boba Fett didn't have a square jawbone, military haircut, crazy tatoos and hanging scalps in Ep2, so why would he be that person now, only a year later? Remember, this is just an 11-year old kid, who is just making his very first steps into bounty hunting. He still has a couple of decades to become this hardened warrior you envision.
  3. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    boba is no punk kid. AS he gets older he starts to look like Jango, tuff, with a scar and insane. Boba should be all crazy by now.

He should look more like this..see the anger in his eyes?

[image=http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2004/cze/lbf.jpg]
  4. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    he's 12 now. and remember that he was left an orphan, probably got beat up and went off to mandaloria to get hard and learn the ways of the Mando's..in two years he could have lost the stupid cheeks and grown up a little faster than most.
  5. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    This is Daniel Logan when he was already, what? 15-16? You just can't expect a kid to look as tough as a teenager. And as I said before, they've captured the evil gaze brilliantly in that TCW image.

Boba is not 12 at this point. If you do the math, he should be 10 at the most. You can even stretch the chronology to maybe 11-years old, but that's it. We're still talking just about a year after Ep2.

Plus, you're assuming a lot of stuff that so far only exist in your own personal version of what Boba Fett's life was supposed to be. Going to Mandalore and training under them? Where did you get THAT from?
  6. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    well, I could be wrong. still, why is his hair white and why is he wearing a green coat? I still think they got the design wrong, but i'll have to wait and see the episode..maybe i'm just jumping at conclusions..but so far, NOT impressed Gry.

And there are some 12 year old kids who are 6ft tall and hard because they've joined a gang..and it appears Boba has joined a Gang.
  7. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children

thru history, including WWII children fought as young as 10. In Mexico los Ninos heroes fought and died against the invasion and some were only 12 years old. Of course Lucas was using this for his advantage to show how a young boba can be a child war. Boba seriously, needs to be a child of war and a victim of the clone war..needs to be taken more seriously if we are to keep the show any good.

Edit. Note I said, in History..these days kids act dumb and get everything with no work...if we are to take the clone wars seriosly, as a vast war with deaths and problems..I yet to see the children suffering like Boba fett and starving.
  8. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    His hair is brown, not white. Some parts look brighter because the light is shining in them. Look at Casta's head, half of it looks white because of the glare. As for the green coat, that's some nice foreshadowing of the colour scheme he's going to adopt for his armour. It's nice that he has a Jango-gray undershirt, with a Boba-green coat on top. What we are seeing here is a transition. Let Boba be the Boba we know from the CT for later, maybe in the LAS. Right now what we need is a bit of a transition from the kid from Ep2.[/quote]

Fair enough. Just don't let your preconceptions of what Boba should look like right now cloud your judgement.

Sure. Boba could be a little more cut. Doesn't mean he has to. I'd imagine he went through some pretty rigorous physical training while Jango was alive, and yet he didn't look very cut then either.
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I dunno, Jango looked like he wouldn't pass up a couple of beers now and then. ;)
  10. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, I see what you mean about the light. I just don't see how he went from always wearing blue..like the blue Slave 1, the blue coat and suits to all the sudden switch to wearing green...what happened that he SUDDENLY liked to wear green? I usually wear Black or blue..and never switch that way..and why did he paint the slave 1 green? why did he paint his armour green? this needs to be explained too.

Fair enough. Just don't let your preconceptions of what Boba should look like right now cloud your judgement.

I agree. But I have been a Boba Fett fan for 30 years now. I'm 37 and I still have all my original figures.

Sure. Boba could be a little more cut. Doesn't mean he has to. I'd imagine he went through some pretty rigorous physical training while Jango was alive, and yet he didn't look very cut then either.[/quote]

When Boba was with Jango on Kamino he rarely got harden up..he was like a prize to Jango..He wouldn't let him get hurt. Plus Boba as a child was more of a nerd, educated and well mannered.
  11. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    It's funny that you're complaining about how Boba's SUDDENLY wearing green, and yet you want him to SUDDENLY be all buffed up, square-jawed, scarred and full of trophies.
  12. Armchair_Admiral Force Ghost

star 4
    Perhaps it's due to the very significant fact that the Death Watch also enjoys wearing blue, and thus doesn't want to be confused for one of them.

Not being allowed to engage in combat does not preclude being able to train for it before being allowed to fight. Plus there's certainly more to Boba than just being a "nerd" as shown in various EU material.
  13. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I see what you mean about the light. I just don't see how he went from always wearing blue..like the blue Slave 1, the blue coat and suits to all the sudden switch to wearing green...what happened that he SUDDENLY liked to wear green? I usually wear Black or blue..and never switch that way..and why did he paint the slave 1 green? why did he paint his armour green? this needs to be explained too.

Is it really that important?o_O
  14. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    They should do something with this - especially in parts of Africa right now they are kidnapping kids, giving them machine guns, and forcing them to fight the Government.

And, again, would have been a cool way to bring Boba in if her got sucked up into this and ending up getting rescued by the Jedi... perhaps even Mace... putting the Jedi Master right in his sights...
  15. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    One of the only ways I can see them put Boba in TCW, making him awesome, and not destroying the mysteriousness of his appearance in TESB is if they depict him as being almost like an autistic child with violent impulses and brutal traps. Think Heath Ledger's Joker as a little kid, and he doesn't talk.
  16. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Why not? Didn't Grievous wind up scarred and full of trophies when he was his age, killing all those giant praying mantises? :p
  17. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    yes it's very important. Character continuity development. It's like Anakin all the sudden taking off his Jedi robe and wearing a speedo.
  18. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yeah, or suddenly wearing gauntlets and shoulder armor! That would totally ruin the character. ;)
  19. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    no, but that fits Anakin's character because he becomes darth vader and later enjoys wearing armor and chains around his neck. Also, Anakin is like a rogue jedi, never following rules all the time...while young Boba always followed instructions and orders well. If you look into their room on Kamino, it's very organized and his clothes are always clean and pressed. So, something very bad must have happened for him to just wear a beat up suit and go all nuts.
  20. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Wearing a different color is important?[face_tired] All this over a green shirt.. Can't we wait until we actually see the episode?
  21. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yeah... he lost his father and his home.

And as you say, the Anakin gauntlet and shoulder armour foreshadow his later Vader armour. Similarly, Boba changing into a green coat foreshadows his use of green armour. (god, I can't believe I'm discussing the colour of young Boba's coat! What's wrong with me, people?!)

Also, guys, can we please stop with the "wait until you've seen the episode before voicing an opinion" argument? This is a discussion forum, we discuss. We discuss what we've seen, and we discuss what we're going to see. What would be the point of having ANY pre-airing discussion if we can't voice an opinion abot leaked images, episode descriptions and previews? I don't agree with clonewarsfan's opinions at all, but he's entitled to them, and entitled to discuss them here.
  22. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    I just think it's silly to nitpick something like a green shirt. He could be wearing it for a good reason for all we know.

Then again, debating a character's clothing.. hmm, maybe I can relate.[face_laugh]
  23. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Nothing's wrong. Fans have always discussed the minutia of the material. From a nod of the head to a choice in wardrobe, speculation runs rampant. Is there a significance in how Plo Koon always folds his hands? Does Kit Fisto's blocking two blows from Palpatine mean he's more skilled? Does a bounty hunter shooting first make him a ruthless Machiavellian plotter? And what is up with Chewie's belt?

Never said that it was normal behaviour in a larger context, but we gave that up the moment we entered the realm of fandom. :p
  24. clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You guys have to understand that Boba Fett is ALL about his armor..his design, his colors, the way he looks. That's why as a kid, I loved him..because he just looked like a bad*** wearing that armor. so, in the case of Boba fett, what he wears is very important..we never really see him wear anything else but his armor in the OT. I think, it's important to talk about what he wears and why..why he decides to put an armor on..what made him become the Boba Fett we know? was it that he was trying to hide his face? was it that he wanted to fit in with others? All of these issues are important. what made Boba in the 80s was his costume..No one really cared what he had to say. He because an instant sensation because of what he was wearing..80% cool factor for Boba was his armour..so as you can understand, it's weird to see him out of the costume for me.
  25. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it's not like bad guys are born in their costumes. Some people may think it's weird to see Vader without the mask/suit, and as a little boy. It's just a different time with these characters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.