main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V BOBA FETT IS DEAD!!! er, BOBA FETT STANDALONE MOVIE IS DEAD!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , May 24, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Mangold's about as good a directorial choice as you could ask for. At least it's starting off on the right foot.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Let it be true!

I hope it opens in slimey chaos: a hectic, Alien-inspired series of disturbing images with gruesome noises and fear ridden breathing. Then the rumble from an almighty explosion somewhere above, the sound of a flame thrower, a monsterous scream and you realise he's battling his way out of the Sarlacc as the sail barge ignites above.

Cut to the past...

MrDarth0 and dekaneas like this.
  6. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Best thing about this, is that with Obi-Wan movie still a strong possibility, and both new trilogies (Johnson and GOT guys) they've already got planned, it's inevitable that SW is going to be moving to at least 2 films a year at some stage. Hopefully it stays there. More SW the better.

Also almost guarantee this will have Han Solo and/or Lando in solid (or cameo) roles.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    revan772, dekaneas and TalonCard like this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But I thought Obi-wan was coming next, or was it Lando was coming next? :p

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This will probably be the first Star Wars film I don't see in theaters, and that's all I'm going to say about that so as not to rain on the parades of people who like Fett.

I will say, though, that it's hilarious this news comes out on the same day as Solo. Poor Han really can't keep ahead of the guy.

nancipants and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    With a resume that includes Girl, Interrupted, Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma and Logan this guy is great. I hope whoever they eventually hire for reshoots is just as good.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope they get Morrison for the role.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Interesting if true. Omega Underground were reporting on a possibly-Boba movie codenamed "Tin Can" back in December; could be the same one.

Logan was great and I kinda wish that Mangold could bring its aesthetic and story-telling to Kenobi instead of this.

This comment is perfect.

Yeah, almost seems like a given at this point. I'm not... crazy about the idea. I love seeing three MCU movies a year, but SW isn't the MCU. Could it be? Or is the better question, should it be?

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I've loved the way Rogue One and Solo turned out, so as far as I'm concerned, they know what they're doing, but ain't that the truth.

TC

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    They also said that a Kenobi movie was in the works and that was 9 months ago but we still don't have official confirmation it's happening. So why should we believe them about a Boba Fett movie?

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

B3, Kylun, MercenaryAce and 2 others like this.
  15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Omega Underground, heh? [face_tee_hee]

jSarek and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Maybe it's franchize fatigue, but feels pretty unnecessary. I'd rather see Lucasfilm explore other characters and eras. Gritty tough guy standalone is overdone, imo.

If it does happen, I truly hope we get to hear more Mando'a! Discovery did pretty well with Klingon, it's be nice of SW languages like Mando'a or Huttese got more love.

17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Have you forgotten that the Fetts are not Mandalorians anymore because reasons?

Nom von Anor likes this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    When life imatates a parody but then I guess Boba is the most interesting Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy ^:)^

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  19. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    It could be Dredd-esque, where the main character never actually takes off his helmet

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't know on Morrison - he's almost 60 so if it's a younger Boba Fett that's portrayed he might be too old. If it's a flashback film I could see him as the older version and maybe Daniel Logan as the younger one.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They could use Morrison for the scenes set in "present", around the time of the ST, and then someone else for the flashback scenes, where Boba would never remove his helmet, so we wouldn't need to worry about him looking different.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if that special cameo from Solo will lead into this movie or the Obi-Wan movie?

revan772 likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Or both.

revan772 likes this.
  24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    That still makes him younger then ford and look how much he’s doing.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't love Boba, but dammit if I didn't think Logan was one of the best superhero films ever made.

Jedi Ben likes this.