main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett is quick!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthDean, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDean

DarthDean Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    In ESB, Han Solo is going to Bespin to repair the falcon. Boba tracks him, tells Vader about Solo's destination, and then gets there before he does! I always wondered about that. Han is well on his way and Vader and Fett beat him to Bespin! They also have time to work out a deal with Lando. Any thoughts? Enjoy!

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, remember, Fett has a fully functioning hyperdrive to get him to Bespin and the Falcon is only running on its sublight engines.

That's what gives him the advantage!

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Falcon had a backup hyperdrive, but it was much slower and much less reliable than the main unit.

4. Adm_Constantine

Adm_Constantine Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2004
    They also have time to work out a deal with Lando.

Come on, how long do you think it would take DARTH VADER to hammer out a deal with someone, especially with the Executer hanging around? :D

5. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    They also have time to work out a deal with Lando.

Come on, how long do you think it would take DARTH VADER to hammer out a deal with someone, especially with the Executer hanging around?

[face_laugh] True!

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Lando did not have much of a choice when making that deal. It was probably a "give me Solo or die with the rest of this station" kinda thing.

7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    And since it's been estimated it took Han and the others about three months to get to Cloud City, Vader would have had plenty of time to get and "make a deal" with Lando.

8. SON OF SKYWALKER

SON OF SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 1999
    boba fett is a bad ass :cool:

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I always wondered why Fett didn't just lean over to Vader after the Falcon vanished and say, "Um, are you gonna come back and check the garbage after you dump it?"

But then I think maybe he did suggest this off screen, and Vader let Fett in on the whole plan to let them get to Bespin or some other place where they would think they are safe, and Luke would think it a safe place to go find them instead of inside a Star Destroyer.

Fett probably did have to track them for awhile to determine their course, then rendevous at Bespin with Vader to set the trap.

10. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    We had to do work in all the classes so I didn't even have time to get in my usual naps during the day.

Because if he did that, he doesn't get paid for finding Solo. The whole reason that Fett was there looking for the guy was that he was going to get paid very well. Had be said to Vader "Check your garbage", they would have found him and Fett gets zilch.

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    IF, I think you used the wrong quote there. That was something I said in the EUDF thread. :p

12. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    LOL....that's great! I hate when I mess up a copy/paste and get something from an hour ago.

13. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Oh, crap! 8-}

I always wondered why Fett didn't just lean over to Vader after the Falcon vanished and say, "Um, are you gonna come back and check the garbage after you dump it?"

Because if he did that, he doesn't get paid for finding Solo. The whole reason that Fett was there looking for the guy was that he was going to get paid very well. Had be said to Vader "Check your garbage", they would have found him and Fett gets zilch.

I think that's right... 8-}

14. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Boba Fett be nimble. Boba Fett ge quick. Boba Fett fell into the Sarlacc Pit!

:)

15. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    But unlike Humpty Dumpty, Boba Fett could get up again after he fell. :p

16. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hahaha, good one IF. I sat here for a minute or two trying to make sense of that wrong quote. A shame I did not know that it was explained further down. Two minutes of my life are wasted now IF. Thanks a lot!

17. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Hahaha, good one IF. I sat here for a minute or two trying to make sense of that wrong quote. A shame I did not know that it was explained further down. Two minutes of my life are wasted now IF. Thanks a lot!

Please don't ban me.... [face_scared]

8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.