main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett, Jaster Mareel, and this Episode II SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    I think that after Jango loses his mango, Boba will just go to Concord Dawn and then become a Journeyman Protector, and the whole EU is saved. Of course, that might be all screwy if he's in Episode III.... But who knows. Hopefully in the end, there will be some way it all fits. (Even BHW!)

I can't believe I'm posting about my least favourite character... I guess cause I haven't posted in a while.

2. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    Jaster who? I didn't know that name was mentioned in the movies, much less created by Lucas! Oh wait, it wasn't in the movies and Lucas didn't create it, so there for, it's jut a figment of your imagination!

I can dig most EU is long as it doesn't interfere with the movies. But now that does interfere. You can't mix the movies and EU. EU contradicts a lot of things in the movies, so you can't mix them. EU is fan-fiction with a glossy cover.

3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    No, it doesn't contradict the movies. And it won't contradict Attack of the Clones. You're mistaken.

Obviously he changed his identity shortly after his stint with the mandalorians during the clone wars.

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    <<Jaster who? I didn't know that name was mentioned in the movies, much less created by Lucas! Oh wait, it wasn't in the movies and Lucas didn't create it, so there for, it's jut a figment of your imagination! >>

The films are fiction too, genius.

<<I can dig most EU is long as it doesn't interfere with the movies. But now that does interfere. You can't mix the movies and EU. EU contradicts a lot of things in the movies, so you can't mix them. >>

Name them. I'll be happy to shoot them down for you.

<<EU is fan-fiction with a glossy cover. >>

Yawn. The typical response.

<<Obviously he changed his identity shortly after his stint with the mandalorians during the clone wars. >>

More likely a false story, since he's too young to fight in both Clone Wars. And yes, Jaster Mereel is likely an alias he uses before going to Concord Dawn.

5. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    I love the EU but to say it does not contradict the movies is going a bit far. Palpatine coming back made Aanakin's sacrifice pointless.

Bobba Fetts story is wrong. The timing of the clone wars is wrong. Yoda bing a hermit on Dagobah for a hundred years (in the black feet crisis) is wrong.

Vader having a sith apprentice is wrong there can be only 2 sith. IT cheapens the force with the vong and the ylsamerii being outside of it.

Yoda and Obi Wan is viewed as a not having the will to fight the emperor and Vader when in reality he could not have defeated the emperor and would just have died leaving no jedi to train Luke.

Jerec being able to blow up planets with the force if he wanted to. Having Sith explode when Darth Maul did not. Having all Jedi disappear when they die when Qui Gon did not.

Having people becoming Jedi in the space of a few months training. In the films it took years and years. Having lightsabres not being able to cut through certain metals when it appears hey can cut through the hardest metal in the galaxy (blast doors). Having Jedi in the prequels trained at the age of over 20(Jorus C'boath). When Yoda said that a nine year old was too old.

I could go on but Iam getting bored. The Eu is great and the stories are highly entertaining. However the EU does contradict the story because Lucas can't read every page of every book. I tend to view the EU as a seperate thing from the films a sort of Alternate Universe.

6. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999

<<Obviously he changed his identity shortly after his stint with the mandalorians during the clone wars. >>

"More likely a false story, since he's too young to fight in both Clone Wars. And yes, Jaster Mereel is likely an alias he uses before going to Concord Dawn. "

I don't think it's a false story. What reason would Fenn Shysa have for lying? More than likely, being the warrior civilization that they were, the Super-Commandoes let Boba join their ranks at such a young age because of his "father's" reputation. Plus, Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala had to be young as well because of how youthful they look in the Marvel series.

7. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    I'm going to shoot down your various "contradictions".

"I love the EU but to say it does not contradict the movies is going a bit far. Palpatine coming back made Aanakin's sacrifice pointless."

That's not a contradiction though. Yawn.

"Bobba Fetts story is wrong."

"Boba" Fett's story is not wrong. It can work, and it will work. Keep an open mind.

"The timing of the clone wars is wrong."

How? Maybe, just maybe, there were more than one, just as there was more than one world war.

"Yoda bing a hermit on Dagobah for a hundred years (in the black feet crisis) is wrong. "

I don't remember this.

"Vader having a sith apprentice is wrong there can be only 2 sith."

She wasn't technically an apprentice. She was a trainee. It was completely up to Palpatine to violate this rule. You'll note that Palpatine tells Vader to get LUke to join them in ESB? Obviously he doesn't care to much about the rule of two.

" IT cheapens the force with the vong and the ylsamerii being outside of it. "

A) Not a contradiction
    B) that's your opinion.

"Yoda and Obi Wan is viewed as a not having the will to fight the emperor and Vader when in reality he could not have defeated the emperor and would just have died leaving no jedi to train Luke."

Where are they viewed like this? It seems to me these two "contradictions" go hand in hand with each other. They don't have the will because they wouldn't be able to win? What's the problem there?

"Jerec being able to blow up planets with the force if he wanted to."

That's not a contradiction. By harnessing the power of thousands of dead Jedi and Sith, it could have been quite possible.

" Having Sith explode when Darth Maul did not."

Where? Who?

"Having all Jedi disappear when they die when Qui Gon did not. "

Not all the Jedi have dissapeared, as you'll note from the New Jedi Order and the prequel comics and books.

"Having people becoming Jedi in the space of a few months training. In the films it took years and years."

Again, simply not true.
    A) Luke didn't know how long it could take to train a Jedi.
    B) All the Jedi who have been trained, were at the Praxeum for more than "a few months".
    Which ones are you referring to?

" Having lightsabres not being able to cut through certain metals when it appears hey can cut through the hardest metal in the galaxy (blast doors)."

We have no idea what those blast doors are made of. This is not proof.

" Having Jedi in the prequels trained at the age of over 20(Jorus C'boath). When Yoda said that a nine year old was too old. "

Exceptions were made, as in the case of Anakin. What's to say this exception wasn't made more than once? You're grasping at straws here.

"I could go on but Iam getting bored."

I can see why you would get bored of being wrong very quickly.

" The Eu is great and the stories are highly entertaining. However the EU does contradict the story because Lucas can't read every page of every book."

You've yet to prove any such contradictions. Most of them were your own very wrong and misguided opinions.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    luke in the movies was only trained in a few months.

He wasn't trained by obi-wan very long, and while trained longer by yoda, he wasn't with yoda very long either.

As for luke's amatuer use of the force between ANH, and ESB, well it was practice, but many force users get that kind of unrefined practice as well.

9. darth-skycrawler

Aug 7, 2001
    Ok Mavrick then I admit that most things people find wrong with the EU is opinion and the stupid things Luke believes could be down to his opinion. However Luke was not a complete jedi he could not negotiate his healing powers are below standard. He did have a vast grasp of history he does not have a grasp planets.

The jedi of all old did not train people above a certain age, because then they would have emotions. Anakin had feelings and they can lead to the darkside. True there is nothing to say the jedi would not train a twenty year old man but you have to admit that it is very unlikely.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It was done at least twice, Inquistor tremayne was 16 when he was taken into jedi training(see darkside sourcebook.), They were considered Prodigies.

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    He was 15 Val.

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    <<I love the EU but to say it does not contradict the movies is going a bit far. Palpatine coming back made Aanakin's sacrifice pointless.
    >>

That's your opinion. An opinion is not a contradiction. Not once did I ever view Anakin's sacrafice as meaningless, even after reading Dark Empire.

<<Bobba Fetts story is wrong. The timing of the clone wars is wrong. Yoda bing a hermit on Dagobah for a hundred years (in the black feet crisis) is wrong. >>

Prove that they're wrong and I'll give you some credit.

<<Jerec being able to blow up planets with the force if he wanted to. >>

It's called "The Valley of the Jedi"...

<<Having Sith explode when Darth Maul did not. >>

...Huh? Who said all Sith, or Darksiders, had to always explode when killed? And for the record, we saw Maul fade and fall for about 7 seconds or so. Who knows what happened before he hit the end of the shaft....

<<Having all Jedi disappear when they die when Qui Gon did not. >>

...Ain't been reading too many Lucas interviews, have you?...

<<Having people becoming Jedi in the space of a few months training. In the films it took years and years. >>

Are you accusing George Lucas of contradicting his own films?

<<Having lightsabres not being able to cut through certain metals when it appears hey can cut through the hardest metal in the galaxy (blast doors). >>

...It's called "cortosis ore"...

<<Having Jedi in the prequels trained at the age of over 20(Jorus C'boath). When Yoda said that a nine year old was too old.
    >>

Was a specific age tied to C'baoth, or are you spewing more false truths? There's ways to explain that...

<<I don't think it's a false story. What reason would Fenn Shysa have for lying? More than likely, being the warrior civilization that they were, the Super-Commandoes let Boba join their ranks at such a young age because of his "father's" reputation. Plus, Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala had to be young as well because of how youthful they look in the Marvel series.
    >>

I'll believe that someone lied before a 12-year-old is a Mandalorian Supercommando. ;)

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually from what I've seen, sith and dark jedi, only explode if they were killed while they were using extremly volatile powers like force lightning.

14. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Outside of Palpy and C'boath...have any exploded?...for that matter...have any non-masters exploded...

In a parrallel issue: Have we seen any non-masters fade out?...from what i remember Qui-Gon was a Jedi Knight but not a master...

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, we have seen non masters, who ghosted after dieing, Nomi's husband. Then qu rahn a master, who was decapitated in a violent death, didn't fade out in the book, game, or audio.

We even saw a dark jedi master fade out, Lord Jerec, did after kyle used the power to seal away the force(same type of power that nomi used on ulic.),and felt remorse for jerec. kyle then forgave him for all he did, , and then defeated him, as jerec's body fell over, it faded away, along with the rest of the spirits which were freed. (make of that what you will,Forgiveness equated to Redemption?)

16. darth-skycrawler

Aug 7, 2001
    In dark Force Rising on page 53 it says that C'boath was born in the year 112 pre empire it then says he joined the jedi at the year 90 pre empire which would make him 22 when he began his training.

I could not find BTS but when Luke is talking to Han he does say that Obi Wan had been a hermit for 10 years and yoda for over a hundred.

Anakin was supposed to be the saviour of the star wars galaxy by destroying Palpatine he destroyed evil in the galaxy this came from Lucas himself. So the fact that the Emperor surivives does make his sacrifce cheap. How can you say that the fact that Palpatine survied did not cheapen Anakin's sacrifice.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'd like to bring up the point that while star wars is not completely analogous, it does bare some similarites to biblical, mythic, and legends, Historical and legendary(If you believe them to be legends or historical, that's up to you).

Anakin is almost like historical "chosen one", messiah, jesus christ. Who came to save the earth, and break the shackles of Satan's rule.

While he did accomplish breaking the shackles of satan's rule, by dieing. The earth still is full of evil and sin, and satan still runs rampant, but knows his time is coming, and he hopes to fight as much as he can, taking people with him, but soon enough his time will come, and he will be elliminated completly.

the analogy of star wars, is that vader accomplished breaking the shackles of rule of palpatine, but the powers of evil still exist afterwords, palpatine knew his time was limited, but he still tried to prevail, but finally his time ran out, and he was elliminated finally.

The question to ask yourself, was Jesus Christ's sacrafice cheap?

18. Cowboy_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    You can't compare Jesus Christ to Anakin Skywalker in that sense. Jesus's purpose was to free our souls, not to destroy evil. Anakin's purpose was to bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith forever.

"..Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fullfil the prophecy and bring balance to the Force, by destroying the Sith forever and getting rid of evil in the universe"--George Lucas

I think by the time GL is done with Episode 3, EU will have to be viewed as AU.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    "In dark Force Rising on page 53 it says that C'boath was born in the year 112 pre empire it then says he joined the jedi at the year 90 pre empire which would make him 22 when he began his training."

Not necessarily. He could have trained at the Jedi Council Chamber on Coruscant for 22 years, then he later went on to a specific academy.

"I could not find BTS but when Luke is talking to Han he does say that Obi Wan had been a hermit for 10 years and yoda for over a hundred."

Luke was just speculating. He didn't know how long either of them had been on their respective worlds, so he simply assumed that Yoda had been on Dagobah for a century.

"Anakin was supposed to be the saviour of the star wars galaxy by destroying Palpatine he destroyed evil in the galaxy this came from Lucas himself. So the fact that the Emperor surivives does make his sacrifce cheap. How can you say that the fact that Palpatine survied did not cheapen Anakin's sacrifice."

Palpatine's survival does not cheapen Anakin's sacrifice at all. When he "killed" Palpatine, he allowed Luke to survive. Later on, Luke single-handedly rebuilt the Jedi Order and restored balance. Through Luke, Anakin did bring balance.

As you can see, there are no contradictions at all.

20. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    <<Outside of Palpy and C'boath...have any exploded?...for that matter...have any non-masters exploded... >>

Yes. Nikkos Tyris and his cadre on Susevfi.

<<In a parrallel issue: Have we seen any non-masters fade out?...from what i remember Qui-Gon was a Jedi Knight but not a master... >>

Qui-Gon was a Master. And the ability to fade after death is something to be learned. Therefore, if one doesn't fade, they didn't learn the power. Simple.

<<In dark Force Rising on page 53 it says that C'boath was born in the year 112 pre empire it then says he joined the jedi at the year 90 pre empire which would make him 22 when he began his training. >>

No one has figured out those dating systems or when they took place exactly. As it is, there's nothing to stop a Jedi from being trained...in secret. Who knows, he was Palpatine's main advisor until the Outbound Flight Project. Perhaps his late training in life was a seed to the dark side...

Also, I like Bib's idea for that.

<<I could not find BTS but when Luke is talking to Han he does say that Obi Wan had been a hermit for 10 years and yoda for over a hundred. >>

Ben was a hermit for about 20 years. And Luke is not the best source for information on Yoda and the Jedi Order, since everything was lost and he's going from what he knows.

<<Anakin was supposed to be the saviour of the star wars galaxy by destroying Palpatine he destroyed evil in the galaxy this came from Lucas himself. So the fact that the Emperor surivives does make his sacrifce cheap. How can you say that the fact that Palpatine survied did not cheapen Anakin's sacrifice. >>

If you understood the prophecy, maybe you would understand what occurs in ROTJ and the Dark Empire trilogy, and how they work together.

<<"..Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fullfil the prophecy and bring balance to the Force, by destroying the Sith forever and getting rid of evil in the universe"--George Lucas >>

Lucas just says whatever's on his mind at the moment. Clearly, he forgot about all those stories he approved, and his Star Tours ride that shows another Death Star. Or was that a peaceful Death Star?

<<I think by the time GL is done with Episode 3, EU will have to be viewed as AU. >>

Bull****.

21. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    <<I don't think it's a false story. What reason would Fenn Shysa have for lying? More than likely, being the warrior civilization that they were, the Super-Commandoes let Boba join their ranks at such a young age because of his "father's" reputation. Plus, Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala had to be young as well because of how youthful they look in the Marvel series.
    >>

Sturm said:
    "I'll believe that someone lied before a 12-year-old is a Mandalorian Supercommando."

Hey, it's no more far fetched than a 9 year old flying a starfighter and blowing up a Trade Federation command ship. ;)

22. Cowboy_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Lucas does NOT approve those books himself, smart guy. Do you really think Lucas sits down and reads all those books and comics? No way, he is busy making canon Star Wars material. And For your information it is LFL that approves the books.

Dark Empire came out in '96 and back then they had no idea about the prophecy of the Chosen One. But now that the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker exist in the Star Wars galaxy and now Dark Empire is AU.

I have most EU books and comics, but I look at them as sperate universes and everything works out fine. You cannot mix the movies with EU now days, they contradict each other. They didn't contradict each other until Episode I came out, and Episode II will have even more contradictions in it.

23. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    But he does approve the outlines, dumb guy.

24. Cowboy_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    No LFL approves the outlines, dumb guy.

25. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Nope, who do you think chose Chewie to get the ax?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.