main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Boba fett killed uncle owen and ant beru

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jimslendorn, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimslendorn

jimslendorn Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2013
    My little brother he thinks boba fett killed uncle owen and ant beru because there was a bounty out for the droids and then in EPSB vader turns to boba and says no disintegration and thats clearly what happened to uncle owen and ant beru. I don't know what to think of this.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Jabba and gang were concerned with Solo and had no knowledge of Luke and his family.

3. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    If they were disintegrated there'd be no smoking remains. Owen and Beru burned to death. Probably from a fire started by Stormtroopers' blaster fire. Besides, I doubt even Vader would trust Boba Fett with the Death Star plans.

4. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Nah, was storm troopers

Even if it wasn't storm troopers (which it was) why would we think its Fett? Could have been any number of bounty hunters

5. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    because vader said to bobo in EPSB no disintegration's

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was Stormtroopers.

EU source, so take it with a grain of salt if you'd like, but, according to Wookiepedia, and a similar old article (I believe in SWInsider, a long while back)
    "According to the recollection of stormtrooper Davin Felth, the farmers were killed after Owen spat in the face of the squad's commanding officer, Mod Terrik, they were then each shot with a blaster before their bodies were semi-cremated with a flamethrower."

7. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the movie makes it pretty clear that it was stormtroopers that killed Owen and Beru: first there is the “look sir, droids”-scene which establishes that there are stormtroopers following R2 and 3PO’s trail. Secondly, when Obi-Wan and Luke come upon the slaughtered Jawas, Obi-Wan identify the attackers as Imperial stormtroopers and Luke then concludes that if they had tracked the Jawas there they must also have tracked them to his home.

I always understood Vader’s comment to Fett to mean that Fett was the type of bounty hunter who prefers to kill their bounties rather than capture them, so Vader was making it clear that Fett was not to get carried away.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Stormtroopers killed Owen and Beru. I doubt Vader at that point gave a **** what happened to them anyway.

"No disintegrations" just means he wants the prisoners alive.

9. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    no disintegrations was referring to many instances were Boba was ruthless as a bounty hunter.Vader used him before, I recall Boba even being called Vader's right hand man, and knew this.

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting theory but Fett didn't care for Luke.

11. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Here's what to think:

• "Disintegration" means being reduced to particles. Owen and Beru's skeletons were visibly intact. Hence, they were not disintegrated.
    • The abbreviation of The Empire Strikes Back is ESB or TESB, not "EPSB".
    Oh, and welcome to the boards! [face_peace]

12. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    Watch the personal insults-Darth Boba

13. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm no leader and I got no power, just being friendly and informative, which is part of what these boards are for.

14. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    Well i never said i agree with my brother but it could be true you don't know bobo hangs out on tatione he could and disintegrated his ant and uncle stromtroopers are pretty clumsy and could been defeated by uncle owen you don't know for sure

15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I certainly know the definition of the word disintegrate, which is central to your opening post:

no disintegration and thats clearly what happened to uncle owen and ant beru

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disintegrate]Disintegration[/url], transitive verb 1: to break or decompose into constituent elements, parts, or small particles . 2: to destroy the unity or integrity of. intransitive verb 1: to break or separate into constituent elements or parts. 2: to lose unity or integrity by or as if by breaking into parts 3: to undergo a change in composition <an atomic nucleus that disintegrates because of radioactivity>.

Noe that the several denotations do not include targets being burned but left structurally intact. What we see of Owen and Aunt Beru's smoking corpses does not fit the definition of the word "disintegrate".

Also, the names are spelled Boba Fett and Tatooine. You're welcome! :D

Chewbacca89 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    well I don't care what you say i am acknowledging its a possibility

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Also, who says there's a bounty on the droids? Most likely there isn't. Vader doesn't want everyone and their brother searching for the droid that contains the super secret Death Star plans that can demonstrate a weakness that can be exploited for it's destruction. The only ones looking for the droids are Stormtroopers. Vader doesn't anyone else anywhere near R2.

18. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    yea but vader does not have to tell the bounty hunter that theres the death star plans in them

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    But why would he even risk it, when he could just send Stormtroopers?

20. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Never mind what I say; acknowledge the millions of English language dictionaries currently in print which offer a definition of disintegration that contradicts the idea that Owen and Beru were "disintegrated". In your OP you claimed "I don't know what to think", but clearly you've already made up your mind, despite evidence to the contrary.

21. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    not saying it happened just saying its possible

22. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    because bounty hunters are more effective then storm troopers

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader confirms that stormtroppers killed Owen and Beru
    END OF DISUSSION

24. jimslendorn

Jan 5, 2013
    Whats that

25. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The post I contributed before explains that.
    It's an Expanded Universe novel. ;)

Also, in the case of a military base/superweapon being compromised, you would attempt to use the most discrete and confidential method of finding them.
    Bounty hunters are not to be trusted, they work for the best offer, and are very secretive and work with "smoke and mirrors", they are almost always dishonest, merely to get what they want to make their way in the galaxy. As I said, Empire or no, highest price wins with them.

Stormtroopers are almost guaranteed to work as they are told, and will be near completely confidential. They are trained to be so.

Therefore it makes more sense that Vader/Palpatine would use their own men, versus bounty hunters.

Also, Vader means to imply Boba simply has a tendency to kill for a bounty, and disintegration is part of that, versus bringing them alive.
    When Vader states "I want them alive - no disintegrations", he just wants them alive, and doesn't want Boba to use his normal techniques.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.