main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett - Mandalorian Farmer

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Spud The Hutt, Apr 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Wouldn't it be great if Decipher came out with an "Unglued" set of Star Wars cards. You could play great cards like Vader's bath robe, Obi-Wan's Lifesavers (origional rainbow, or tropical flavors) or Leia's buns (hey, not those buns!). Wouldn't that be a trip?

Yeah, I know. Too much time on my hands. oh well.

Your one and only Hutt,
    Spud

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    That would be funny, but all the people who are hellbent on believing that the CCG is official EU canon would go crazy.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Are you saying it isn't official SW canon?

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The CCG lore is canon. All of the rulebooks even say so.

5. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I'm not saying that, it's just that I have a very unpopular idea about what is and is not canon in my head. Some people in Lit. need to fit every little peice of information into continuity, no matter who ludicrious.

6. Spud The Hutt

Sep 30, 1999
    So if all of the Lore is cannon (I'm not saying that it isn't) then will we be finding out that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Owen Lars really are brothers in Ep 2, or will Lucas take and ignore the lore on Uncle Owen's card from the Premiere set? Just curious ;)

Spud

PS - Anybody got any other great card ideas for an unbroken SW set?

7. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    The relationship between Obi-Wan and Owen was exposed in the RETURN OF THE JEDI novelization. Decipher didn't make that up.

The one card's lore which has always intrigued me after seeing Episode I is C-3PO's:

"Has never been memory-wiped...as far as he knows."

Does this explain why C-3PO doesn't seem to remember Tatooine in Episode IV, even though he was built there? Does C-3PO get memory-wiped? Something to make you go "hmmmmm" anyway....

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I think that's just D's best guess at what happens to 3PO in Epii.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    My explanation is that Cliegg Lars' first wife was Obi-Wan's brother, which would make Owen Obi-Wan's half-brother.

10. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    If decipher ever came out with an unglued set, I think they'd concentrate on the picture and the lore, probly each card would have an easter egg or something

11. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Han Solo, Lord of the Dance!

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    But I wanna see some cards of luke getting slapped for whining a lot in the first flick, and there has to be card called Punchie, Chew it!

13. Spud The Hutt

Sep 30, 1999
    Card Name: **Dark Scent
    Type: Dark Side Utinni Effect
    Destiny: 3
    Lore: RRRIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP! "You're right, they do smell bad on the outside!"
    Game Text: Deploy on any site for 4 force. May target a non-droid/alien character where opponent has any Taun-taun or any 3 aliens present at a related site . Target may not battle or force drain. Utinni Effect cancelled when reached by target.

Card Name: *Boba Fett, Madalorian Farmer
    Type: Dark Side Alien
    Destiny: 2
    Lore: After cashing in Han Solo and then being eaten alive by the Sarlacc, the infamous bounty hunter finally realizes that all he has ever really wanted in life is to be a moisture farmer.
    Power: 2
    Ability: 3
    Deploy: 4
    Forfeit: 4
    Gametext: May only deploy to Tatooine or any <> site. While at any farm or desert once per turn may place one card under him (limit 3). Twice per game may "harvest" crops. Both players draw destiny. If your destiny + the number of cards under Fett is > opponents destiny, retrieve force = to the difference and cards under Fett go to Used Pile.

Too late to think of any more. Brain numb. Ugh.

Spud

14. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    I want a card called "A mine is a terrible thing to waste" It lets you deply Infantry and Timer mines from your lost pile.

15. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    This is a funny thread, but look at the whole "Obi-Wan's Brother" nonsence, now that we know what's gonna happen in Episode 2. :D

16. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    >>>My explanation is that Cliegg Lars' first wife was Obi-Wan's brother, which would make Owen Obi-Wan's half-brother.

Whoa! Hold on there! Cliegg Lars' first WIFE was Obi-Wan's BROTHER??? I knew relations between family members was a little unusual in Star Wars, but this is getting out of hand!

( I know you meant mother instead of brother, I'm just having some fun ;) )

17. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    obi wans "special browines"

Lore: even a jedi need aid in meditating sometimes.......

18. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Card title:

May divorce be with you"

OK so it's not funny.

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.