main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett (OT) Purist

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by C-3PX, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Why would he be worried about inciting Vader's wrath?

Because, Vader kills people.
    More importantly, because Vader doesn't exist in a vacuum like the Jedi did. Vader is an important part of the Empire, and Vader has no reservations about bringing the Imperial military might to bear on anyone he wants.

If Fett had ticked off Vader, not getting any more Imperial bounties would have been the least of his worries. Every trooper, ship, officer, and droid in the Empire would be looking for him.

The "flirting scene" was added for the SE. So, either the costume is backwards, or the film is reversed. I have some "behind the scene" magazines and such, so I can look to see which if you want to know.
    As for why it isn't fixed, it's likely that it was just missed in editing. There are a vast number of "film flips" and errors in the SW movies. I doubt it has to do with the "importance" of the character, since Obi-Wan's Padawan braid swaps sides in TMP, and he's kind of important.
    None of those things really bother me though, since the don't effect the story too much. Now, all Imperial officers in RotJ having Commander rank plaques is kind of annoying to me.

2. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Also in the EU, Dark Empire II, a wounded Wookie, Chewie, rips off Boba's helmet and sends him rocketing into the ceiling. So even with all of his nifty gadgets he still couldn't fight off an unarmed assailant(sp).

Well, to be fair, Fett thought Chewbacca was dead, having just shot him and whatnot, so he wasn't too concerned about watching his back. Still, it definitely wasn't one of his better moments. But you'll note that his Basic isn't all it could be in DE, which leads me to believe that Fett was drunk at the time, thus creating a perfect excuse for everything. :p

3. fcz1

fcz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    As for all the people who don't see what the big deal is with Boba Fett, who think he's just another bounty hunter, you are forgetting the vital "no disintegrations" line. I'm an OT purist and I've been a Fett fanboy since the early 80's when I sent away for my Boba action figure. It's that one line that makes him so cool and mysterious. You knew he was ruthless and had an interesting past because Vader said that to him.

4. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Okay, so Fett incenerates some of his bountys. So he's ruthless. So are criminals. How does burning the bountys make him anymore ruthless than say 4LOM, for example? I also sent away for the action figure way back when and I think Fett, as a character, is cool but I fail to understand why he's the best bounty hunter in the GFFA? A blind guy killed him for Jiminy Sake! Well until DarkHorse resurrected him, putting Boba Fett on the same level as Luke and Laura on General Hospital.

5. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It's that one line that makes him so cool and mysterious. You knew he was ruthless and had an interesting past because Vader said that to him.

That's part of it. :cool:

putting Boba Fett on the same level as Luke and Laura on General Hospital.

Ha! I remember watching GENERAL HOSPITAL in the 80's during Luke and Laura's story.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Okay, so Fett incenerates some of his bountys. So he's ruthless. So are criminals. How does burning the bountys make him anymore ruthless than say 4LOM, for example? I also sent away for the action figure way back when and I think Fett, as a character, is cool but I fail to understand why he's the best bounty hunter in the GFFA? A blind guy killed him for Jiminy Sake! Well until DarkHorse resurrected him, putting Boba Fett on the same level as Luke and Laura on General Hospital.

Simple...Boba Fett is the best bounty hunter because thats the way Lucas wrote it.

Do you sit around wondering why Lando was made a general and leader of the Death Star attack in ROTJ, even though we had never seen him do any spectacular flying?

Lando...just another over rated character.

7. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    Simple...Boba Fett is the best bounty hunter because thats the way Lucas wrote it.

Do you sit around wondering why Lando was made a general and leader of the Death Star attack in ROTJ, even though we had never seen him do any spectacular flying?

I don't recal Lucas ever mentioning Fett as the "best" bounty hunter. All six of the summoned are "the best". Fett just gets more screen time, and even talks back to Vader. I perfer Zuckuss myself.

Land was promoted because of his leadership skills, and possibly because of his mauvers at the battle of Taanab.

And I really don't think you can compare the popularity of Lando and Boba Fett.

8. CONVOY

CONVOY Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2004
    The interesting thing about Boba in the original ESB is the the Novel based on the films, It's description of Boba was that he wears the armour of a group of Evil warriors defeated by the Jedi knights during the Clone Wars, wooooppiiii how I was looking forward to a group of guys in Boba armour fighting Jedi some-day, the Empire Strikes Back souvenir book gave a better discription when it said he wore the armour of the Mandalorian super comandos!!

WOW as boy I was realy looking forward to seeing this one!

22 years later Ep2 comes out and I get...................... Jango Fett, rubbish!

No group of Evil Warriors, No Madalorian super comando's .....Jango and his rubbish clone son Boba Brat. George you've done it again! spoilt my childhood memories, the best prequal trilogy was the one I made up in my head for 22 years.

9. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "Simple...Boba Fett is the best bounty hunter because thats the way Lucas wrote it. "

If that's the case than Boba Fett died in ROTJ because that's the way Lucas wrote it. He's even said it.

10. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I got no argument with that, Obi-John. Boba did in fact bite it in ROTJ. But I still like to read the books and comics with Boba in them.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I was looking forward to a group of guys in Boba armour fighting Jedi some-day,

I was thinking that as well. I also thought EPII would be some important portion of the Clone Wars.

I don't have it with me, my TESB novel is a few hundred miles away. Can anyone take the time to type some passages concerning Fett?

12. CONVOY

CONVOY Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2004
    O.K you asked for it here I go:

from TESB Noval by Danald F Glut based on a story by George Lucas, spere books Ltd 1980:

Page 127
    A battered and Tarnished chrome-coloured droid named IG-88 was also with the group, standing next to the notorious Boba Fett. A human bounty hunter, Fett was known for his extrmely ruthless methods. He was dressed in a weapon-covered, armoured spacesuit, the kind worn by a group of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars. A few braided scalps completed his unsavoury image. The very sight of Boba Fett sent a shudder of revulsion though the admiral.

page 142
    Boba Fett , the most notorious and dreaded bounty hunter in the galaxy, turned his small, elephants head-shaphed craft, slave 1, to begin its pursuit. For Boba Fett had no intension of losing sight of the Millenium Falcon. Its pilot had too high a price on his head.And the fearsome bounty hunter was quite detmined to collect.

13. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    page 142
    Boba Fett , the most notorious and dreaded bounty hunter in the galaxy, turned his small, elephants head-shaphed craft, slave 1, to begin its pursuit.

Ahhh, so it does actually come out and say that Fett is the best.

I stand corrected on that account.

But I still like Zuckuss better. ;)

14. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    Yes but the novelazation of ROTJ says he's dead. Officially Boba is not dead and exists in the EU. That's part of the problem with the Fett. There is no consistancy in his story. His EU origins had to be changed after AOTC came out. In the EU after ROTJ it has come out that he never had a grudge against Solo, that it was against the Jedi, except in the Han Solo trilogy Fett swears vengence on Solo. So what are we supposed to believe?

Here's another thought. If Fett is the best why is he portrayed as nothing more than a hired gun by Jabba? In ANH SE there he is providing security w/the rest of Jabba's men. In the original ROTJ, and SE, he was hanging out for quite some time at Jabba's palace and even drew down on Leia when she pulled out the thermal detenator. If he wasn't being paid by Jabba why would he care if Jabba was blown up? If he's just a bounty hunter he would've gone on to work for someone else.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There it is, a group defeated by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. This would be why many folks, including me, thought the prequals would showcase the Jedi defeating this group in some battle.

Is there anything in the Clone Wars cartoon hinting at this?

I relize this may be a part of original ideas being changed.

It is also interesting that it says the armor is similar that group but does not say Fett himself was a part of that group. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but it seems like the EU character Jodo Kast(SP) is taken from this idea and that maybe Fett was never actually supposed to have been a part of that group but instead salvaged their equipment.

Thanks again Convoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.