main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    The whole rumour that Tank was filming Boba Fett with just enough footage made for celebration 2015 sound like complete and utter BS IMO

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It says they had a brief teaser ready. I assume it would have been more like the Rogue One teaser that was released last year. No actual footage from the film or anything.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Probably something like what Ben Affleck released with the Deathstroke teaser, you see glimpses of the suit and finally a brief shot of the helmet.

themoth likes this.
  4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    More than likely this is the 2020 film. Just without Josh Tank.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This seems like a bit of a reach to me. And I have been critical of Disney's handling of the PT, just for clarification.

vncredleader likes this.
  7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    In my head canon (keeping in mind I never read published material much) Bail, Mon, Padme & others formed the Rebels (then the Del. Of 2000) with Bail as leader. After Bail died MM took over.

Now it seems with Jimmy Smits probably only having a minor role, MM was always "leader".

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A movie with a Pacific Islander as the lead ( and not Dwayne Johnson... If the Rock gets the role (argh my head made that bad pun. I hate my brain))... Anyway, it'd be a good thing.

9. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I don't want a Boba Fett movie. He's not an important enough character to me. But what I DO want, is for him to be the main Villain in the Han Solo movie.

Zejo the Jedi and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  10. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Every time I hear someone say they want Boba to be the villain in the Han Solo movie, I can't help but think it would be cool if in the Han Solo movie, Jabba gives Han, Chewie, Lando and Boba an assignment/mission where they have to work together for success.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Before the events of ANH, I think they are all rather morally ambiguous. They are all criminals. Though Boba has a meaner streak to him.

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    To Boba it's just a job, even if he holds grudges with some people. He doesn't want to be upstaged by anyone. Being the best makes him more ruthless than others.

13. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I like this idea too. It would be an effective way of telling the story of how Han got his reputation with all those characters. So much potential.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    He'd never be the main villain of a Han Solo movie, that'd be his employer. At which point you just got their Empire/Jedi story again, which strikes me as a waste of time.

15. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I always felt that if Disney does do a Boba Fett movie, it would be in the same spirit as the Dredd film. The Karl Urban version, not Stallone's.

[​IMG]

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    In his red carpet interview for R1, Kevin Smith was rattling things off and said (paraphrasing) "...you're getting a standalone Han movie. You're getting a standalone Fett movie..." Now, while I would love to see a movie with Mandos in it, I still don't believe that Fett is worth his own film with how much of a chump that he is in RotJ, but Kevin Smith is privy to things now and then. Do we think that he knows something or was he just running off at the mouth?

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    He could be running off at the mouth, but I do find that Kevin Smith is in the know on things. So he may have the inside scoop.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    A Boba film could be fantastic, if they had the right story.

Tobi likes this.
  19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Running his mouth.
    He's privy to things but that doesn't mean they can't be outdated.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, Kevin Smith does have a (long) history of having a big mouth. Although, even though it doesn’t mean much, I do seem to recall he was the first to “confirm” Stormtroopers for TFA because he visited Lucasfilm or something.

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He may very well just be repeating what we've all heard. I mean, since Trank left we've been hearing what he had been working on was a Boba Fett movie. Prior to that we heard it through various rumors, and since then Entertainment Weekly has pretty much confirmed it twice, both in their TFA piece last fall and their RO piece last month. I think it's pretty safe to say that the movie Trank was working on was in fact a Boba Fett movie, or at the very least a movie Boba Fett featured heavily in. The only question now is if it we get it in 2020, if it gets pushed back later, or if it gets scrapped entirely. Last year Kennedy seemed pretty certain in saying whatever Trank was attached to would be their 2020 release; this year she seemed less certain, banking post-2019 plans on the performance of Rogue One. Without knowing what's going on internally, it's impossible to say if that's true, and if so what kind of performance would get it greenlit, or if it's already locked and simply unannounced.

Krueger likes this.
  22. Flex Madine

Flex Madine Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2015
    If they liked the Boba Fett idea enough to greenlight Trank to do it and start production, I doubt they dropped it altogether. It will happen eventually, for better or worse.

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    What if the 2020 film is about Boba Fett hired to catch whoever survives the Rogue One film.

That would put butts in seats.

24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    How about a Fett movie that's about young Jango Fett and the galactic adventures he goes on with his mother and father? His father could be played by Jemaine Clemente, and his mother played by WWE wrestler Sarona Snuka-Polamalu aka Tamina Snuka. Sort of an odd couple, but they work well together..... semi-suave nerd paired with brave muscle.
    Directed by Taika Waititi.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

I like the idea of Tamina Snuka playing a female bounty hunter from Concord Dawn, she'd really be imposing. The only thing that could be a problem is that the film would be set at a time of relative peace and the potential to include Jedi might be too much, a Boba Fett film would have to be during the time where the only Jedi are either in hiding or just beginning to build up before Kylo Ren reduces them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.