main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    My Fett film would be a Jango origin story, where there's relative peace in the Republic, but there's plenty of crime beneath the surface. Dooku could possibly be worked into the story, and reveal some insight on why he later uses Jango as the clone template. Perhaps Frank Langella with the right de-aging makeup or CGI alteration could pull it off. Voice actor ADR would likely be needed.
    Like Rogue One, not every Star Wars Story film needs Jedi.
    Tamina's character could perhaps be like a female version of Bautista's Drax in GotG.

2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I think Boba Fett vs Cad Bane could be cool if done right.

GalenX_1399 likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A straight remake of For A Few Dollars more with Boba Fett and Cad Bane in place of the lead roles could work really well, I think.

4. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Whether or not you think he deserves his own movie here, my impression is, publically, he is popular enough appear to as a pro/antagonist. Or as an unexpected anti-hero supporting side character, as long as he get's paid. I remember some character polls/tournaments done by the SW website (This is Madness), he always came in as a consistent top 4 character for 4 years straight. Until Kylo Ren came along.

I think that warrants some kind of role in an upcoming anthology film. Atleast, it gives some kind of indication of what the audience likes to see. How much you should value these kind of polls is up to you, but it gives an small insight.

He has a big enough clean slate during the OT era to do with what they want. Personally i don't mind a underworld/mobster style movie at all. He has promise, just need to take notice of the mystery involved that surrounded him, watch a bit of Jeremy Bulloch's style... But he's a particular character they can't afford to screw up... Just don't mention his weakness of fighting blind targets again. ;)

So far, aside a short cross-appearance in Marvel's SW and Darth Vader comics, Fett has been left alone. I think that's for a particular reason. I was expecting an appearance in Rebels and whatnot, still nothing.

chevv likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was telling Avnar about my idea for the Boba Fett spinoff. It's based off of the planned arc in TCW that we haven't seen.

1) Following the events of ANH, the Empire is in panic mode. Full-scale war has erupted between the Empire and the Rebellion following the theft of the Death Star plans and the destruction of the Death Star.
    2) We see the Rebels evacuating their base on Yavin IV, and the Empire chasing after them, to illustrate this (scene would be very brief).
    3) Boba Fett records footage of the battle and shows it to Jabba, trying to convince him to re-instate the ancient "Great Hunt" contest since the Empire is so distracted. The crime lord decides that with the Empire distracted, it is time to chase maximum profits.
    4) Jabba calls for a "Great Hunt" among bounty hunters to determine who the best is, with a large reward for the winner and a personal place of importance in Jabba's retinue.
    5) This is sort of a montage of the different participants, which include: Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and Boba Fett among others.
    6) The main plot of the movie is the hunters using their different methods to capture the Millenium Falcon. The film would of course follow Boba, with Aurra as the mentor and Cad as the antagonist.
    7) Boba starts his search at Yavin IV, trying to find hints of where the Falcon went. He comes across Cad Bane, who kills Aurra Sing in the film's first action sequence.
    8) He continues to Han's home planet of Corellia to gather more clues. He discovers that the Falcon was sighted in the Ord Mantell system and heads there immediately.
    9) Unfortunately for Boba, Cad Bane has beaten him to Ord Mantell. A shootout ensues between the two, with Boba winning. The Falcon takes off during the fight and jumps to Hyperspace. The duel continues and Cad Bane dies. The final shot of the film is the Falcon emerging above the Hoth system.

*In my story, we don't actually see Han and Chewie. I took the "Great Hunt" idea from SWTOR. My goal here was to expand the character of Boba Fett, show the effects of the Galactic Civil War, and also show a little bit of bounty hunter culture. Han Solo is part of it, but really he's just the McGauffin. And I think that works - would explain why Boba is so good at and deadset on getting him in ESB.

Thoughts? :)

Tobi, Twain, Vib3s and 1 other person like this.
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes!

My idea is not too dissimilar... It starts with Leia blasting at Boba Fetts ship as it takes off from Cloud City (with Han in carbonite) and ends with Han being hung on Jabbas wall. It's the in-between that is the meat of the story!

Similar to yours Darkslayer but in mine Boba Fetts ship gets shot down by rival bounty hunters and they steal the carbonite prize. There ensues planet hopping, disintegration's, double crossings etc etc etc

So when you see Han hanging on that wall you realise the horrible journey Boba Fett went through to get it there rather than the assumed "He just flew to Jabbas palace and handed it over" chestnut.

:cool:

Tobi, Vib3s and Darkslayer like this.
  7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    The Ord Mantell encounter could actually work rather nicely with a Fett story. Like they built an entire movie on a few lines in ANH's opening crawl, it sounds like a solid plot point, one that shook Han up quite a bit, a close call?

Bringing Solo to Jabba, and the trouble he gets in along the way, sounds a lot like what Fett did in the EU comic adaptation of Shadows of the Empire.

8. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    honestly I don't get the bobba fett fascination I don't think it would be that interesting when we still have a stand alone Obi Wan story to do.

Darkslayer and JediLight like this.
  9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I don't get how people don't get the Boba Fett fascination. If you lived during the 80's you get it. Watch the Holiday Special episode of the Goldbergs and that sums it up perfectly.

Preemptively--yes it makes me feel old that not only did I post the message board equivalent of yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but I also had to reference a TV show who's main point is nostalgia.

10. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    We don't have a stand-alone Obi-Wan story to do more then stand-alone other character stories. Less then most given what is already implied. Less still when Rebels is done with the character (whereas there still appears a strict hands-off policy on Boba Fett)

11. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Basically I'd have it be three different eras Pre-A New Hope, After Empire and then NT.

Star Wars 1313 (working title): A film based on the unmade game as we detail Boba's time of venturing into the Coruscant underworld while having original new elements I've added myself since we only know so much about that game. Film also includes flashbacks to Jango's early days. It'd be about Fett making his own legacy. The film would be sort of a detective noir story similar to what the game was going to be with Fett investigating and solving the murder of a crime lord as he tries to figure out who killed him. Other films I would look to for inspiration would be Dredd and John Wick in how they could portray the underworld and how it operates.

Cast:

Boba Fett: Daniel Logan/Temuera Morrison (Not sure who would be in it at this point in the timeline but I'd cast both. Plus Temuera Morrison would be reprising the role of Jango anyway so if Logan doesn't play Boba then he will easily).

Highsinger: David Accord (Voice)

Bossk: Unknown Physical Actor and Dee Bradley Baker (Voice)

Embo: Scott Adkins (Physical) and Dave Filoni (Voice)

Dengar: Simon Pegg (While I would personally just have it be Pegg if they wanted to do the CG likeness thing again and put Morris Bush's face on another actor then that's okay but considering his part was minor I doubt many people would mind Pegg just donning the full costume).

Latts Razzi: Zoe Bell

Cad Bane: Ben Foster/Tom Waitts (Waitts is a possible elder Bane)

Sugi: Rebecca Fergusson

Aurra Sing: Jaimie King

Todo 360: Seth Green (Voice)

Hondo Ohnaka: Antonio Banderas

Azmorigan: Unknown Actor Physical James Hong (Voice) (Cameo)

Unnamed Crime Lord Rival: John Goodman

Unnamed Smuggler/Cantina Club Owner: Ian McShane (Both Goodman and McShane I suggested for roles in the Han spin off. Here they could play those roles be it them not being in it or if by some random chance they were they could reprise them if they weren't killed off)

Aging Crime Lord: Tim Curry (Cameo. Basically this would set up the film where as I said an aging Crime Lord is mysteriously killed and Boba ends up investigating the murder and tries to find the various suspects such as people within the organization of the Crime Lord, his family and his rivals. Curry would mostly be seen in a chair as to accommodate his condition following his stroke. I know he was the Emperor already but that was a voice role and not many people myself included didn't care for his take on the character so I think it'd be nice for him to play another role that could be better for him)

Crime Lord's Son: Iwan Rheon

Crime Lord's Daughter: Hayley Atwell/Natalie Dormer

Crime Lord's Wife: Helen Mirren/Miriam Margoyles

Unnamed Female Bounty Hunter/Smuggler: Michelle Rodriguez/Salma Hayek

Unnamed Bounty Hunter/Smuggler: Karl Urban

Unnamed Female Crime Lord/Assistant: Famke Janssen

Jabba the Hutt: Kevin Michael Richardson (Voice)

Count Dooku: Unknown Physical Actor and Christopher Lee's digital likeness and Corey Burton (Voice) (Cameo for Jango Flashbacks)

The Thrill of the Hunt (Working title): Following the destruction of the Death Star the Empire has initially been thrown into chaos regarding the loss of their super weapon and are hell bent on finding the people instrumental with Vader in particular trying to find the ship that attacked him before he could kill Luke Skywalker and stop him from destroying the Death Star. With the criminal underworld deciding now is the perfect time for more profit based on hunts Jabba and the Hutt Council decide to begin the "Hunt" a competition where the best hunters in the galaxy go searching for targets that have high rewards. Boba decides to take Vader's offer of searching for the ship while avoiding competition along the way unaware that the man he is looking for is one Jabba is also after and one that he will have quite a future with going forward. It'd be similar to a western more specifically like A Fistful of Dollars and The Good the Bad and The Ugly. Han would be the MacGuffin he's basically like Luke in the Force Awakens except he wouldn't be seen only mentioned.

Cast:

Returning Additions:

Boba Fett: Temuera Morrison

Embo: Scott Adkins (Physical) and Dave Filoni (Voice)

Dengar: Simon Pegg (While I would personally just have it be Pegg if they wanted to do the CG likeness thing again and put Morris Bush's face on another actor then that's okay but considering his part was minor I doubt many people would mind Pegg just donning the full costume).

Latts Razzi: Zoe Bell

Cad Bane: Tom Waitts

Sugi: Rebecca Fergusson

Aurra Sing: Jaimie King

Todo 360: Seth Green (Voice)

Jabba the Hutt: Kevin Michael Richardson (Voice)

New Additions;

Darth Vader: Spencer Wilding/Daniel Naprous (Physical) and James Earl Jones (Voice)

Imperial Moff Therbon: Charles Dance (He'd be a supporting antagonist in the film who distrusts Fett and comes into conflict with him. He was a minor character in the Tarkin novel)

Former Admiral Killian: Bill Nighy/Geoffrey Rush (Killian you may remember encountered Boba during the Clone Wars. Basically he'd be hiding out somewhere having been abandoned and gone insane. Sort of like Saw in Rogue One)

Unnamed Rebel General: Kate Mulgrew

Fett (Working title): Set years after Return Of The Jedi, Boba Fett is an aging Bounty Hunter past his prime. Having escaped the Sarlac pit and having gone on some jobs in between but is now retired and living a life on a planet somewhere else. Fett must however don his armour one final time as he must take on one final mission to protect a young girl by order of her family as they are chased by criminals and those who want her. Film would be similar to Unforgiven, The Shootist and Logan (at least from what I've seen so far from the trailers it looks to be a film like this one final mission and coming out of retirement). Film would also follow the Force Awakens, opening with Fett witnessing a report on the holonet of Han's death. One would think he'd care about not being able to get his revenge but he's so beaten down he doesn't care about that grudge and has put it behind him.

Cast:

Returning Additions

Boba Fett: Temuera Morrison

Dengar: Simon Pegg

New Additions:

Lyn Me: Ming Na-Wen (You might remember her from the background of Jabba's Palace. In Legends continuity she was rescued by Boba as a girl which is still canon apparently and was happy to see him again in Episode VI only to be heartbroken at his apparent death. I thought it'd be to bring that into focus)

Lyn Me's Unnamed Daugther: Unknown Child Actress

Unnamed Female Crime Lord: Uma Thurman/Michelle Pfeiffer

Unnamed Bounty Hunter/Enforcer: Dan Stevens

Unnamed Female Bounty Hunter/Enforcer: Bridget Regan

Unnamed Bounty Hunter/Heavy Enforcer: Kristofer Hivju/Rory McCann

Unnamed Physician Who Also Has Mysterious Abilities (Possibly the Force): James D'Arcy

So those are only some things that came to my head.

12. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    wouldn't it basically be like the Han story then working for the hutts? its just not a fascinating story to me not trying to be rude or anything.im just trying to get why we would want this, I guess for me i'm a big fan of the aspect of Star Wars that is the jedi and magic and the force.

13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I haven't looked through the whole thread, but I want to ask.

Are there any female fans here that want the Boba Fett movie to happen?

14. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    Outside of the lore of Jedha, Rogue One has nothing to do with the Jedi.

Watch any one of the Dollars trilogy films starring Clint Eastwood, and inject Boba Fett into the titular role with a Star Wars backdrop. It'd work, and work well.

15. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm not a guy and my general feeling on it is that we've got enough Obi-Wan between the movies and SIX SEASONS OF TCW, leave the guy alone to rot in the desert. Boba Fett's technically the best bounty hunter in the Galaxy and there is plenty of time for him to have been going around in the Galaxy doing fun things while the only time in Obi-Wan's life that wasn't covered works better if nothing big happened (besides what
    we will see in Rebels
    So if I were to choose between the two, I'd much prefer a Boba Fett movie.

Regardless, my choices of movies are Mace Windu/Padawan Depa Billaba doing Jedi Stuff or a political thing with Bail and Mon in the dark times. But a Boba Fett movie's FINE.

Dagobahsystem and cerealbox like this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I cite this over and over and over in regards to this film happening and Kenobi probably being off the table. If a Kenobi film were happening, I'd imagine the entire 19-year period of time he spent in the desert would be off the table until after the film was released, so the comics, novels, and TV shows can adhere themselves to the film instead of the other way around. Instead, we've had three comics detailing stories that would make the most sense for a film to tackle where a film to happen, with more to come. On top of that, we have the confrontation with Maul that this season of Rebels is building towards. On the other hand, Boba Fett was used very briefly in a the comics in the post-ANH/pre-TESB period, where a movie likely wouldn't be set anyways. But in the Dark Times? That's where you'd want to set a Boba Fett movie, and that's been off-limits so far. I believe the Marvel people even said they couldn't do a Boba Fett series because Lucasfilm had bigger plans for the character. Kenobi, on the other hand? They've pretty much had free reign.

17. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    i'm a female fan, and I don't I just don't see how this would be super interesting I think their is alot more we can do with Star Wars like I want to see the first Jedi and Sith and learn about the temples, and those kind of stories seem alot more interesting to me

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'm just curious as to what you're fishing for.
    I agree with you 100%. Don't know why so many seem so dismissive of that logic. "who reads the comics" and "they'll just rewirte what the comics did" completely misses the mark.

19. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Just saying that up until Palizinha, no female I've talk to here or any other forum wants a Boba Fett film. And feels it would be a waste.

Not saying there are no Boba Fett female fans. Heck, most fans I know don't want a Han Solo film. But with Han Solo film, it's equally between females and males who either do or don't want it.

99% of female fans I know don't want a Boba Fett film. And with Kennedy trying to boost audience number and box office tickets by getting more females to buy, I'm curious how she would make a Boba Fett film appeal to the average female viewer.

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't know about all of that.

At the same time I wouldn't be that surprised. I think Boba Fett is more nostalgia based that any of the other supposedly nostalgia based movies we've got or are getting so far.
    Robot Chicken nailed it.

There is a whole generation where that was their favorite figure, and that was how the play went. Thats the whole reason they're making this (or were) in the first place. I could see that skewing much more male than female. I also think its going to skew much heavier to older fans than new fans, and again I think that is a factor as well.

21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Either way. Making a bounty hunter film in space is a great idea.

22. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Oh hey Mods. Why isn't Boba Fett included in the banner for this forum?!?!

I demand retribution!

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  24. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    One of the problems of using an iPhone.

25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
Thread Status: