main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    The Boba Fett film needs to be set Post Jedi and show his dramatic escape form the sarlacc, then show how he survives in a changed galaxy, with both the Underworld and the Empire in Chaos. They could go with the Kast storyline where a imposter takes over the Fett role until the Real Boba returns and deposes of the imposter, or they can have Boba Fett bring order to the Gang War and develop a power base all his own, or dig deeper into his Manalorian background possibly connecting all the way back to Knights of the Old Republic ..................anything is possible with a Boba Fett film but I hope they do not fall for the tempation of doing a genertic story arc set before Empire where Boba and other Hunters gather to track down some witless bounty , that would not do anything for anybodies creativity and not make a very good film either....The 1st question that has to be answered is WHAT HAPPENED TO FETT AFTER THE SARLACC ??

2. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    In canon, has the "bounty hunter on Ord Mantell" been identified? If not, that could be Boba and Han's first meeting

StarWars2015 likes this.
  3. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    It would be difficult to cast a young Han Solo for the Fett film if they go that route, but if they go Post Jedi, they could hire a entire new cast of characters because the focus would not be the Skywalkers or the general canon, and the story would take place far far away form the parts of the galaxy we already know with the exception of the beginning of the film being on tatooine.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he knew boba during or before a new hope. "the bounty hunter on ord mantell" was met between 4 and 5. the bounty hunter had a comic strip made about him.

[​IMG]

The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

the actual strips...

Daily Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell

5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So there's none in canon?

6. skywalkersg

skywalkersg Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2014
  7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't think he means it literally.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And people saying things about themselves on Instagram isn't exactly reliable.

9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    What does Kasem stand to gain by lying?

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I have no idea. I'm not calling him a liar, I'm simply saying there should be some line, below which things are considered potentially unreliable.

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Just watched the Mad Max trailer again, if a Fett film can capture half of the awesome and feel of this I'd be all over it. Sure it's all style but then isn't that Fetts biggest appeal?

Redimet and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

However, in the new canon he still hasn't escaped from the Sarlacc. Better to just leave him dead and focus any spinoffs previous to his death.

my kind of scum likes this.
  13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    not yet...

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Would you rather watch a movie about someone who got accidentally knocked into the Sarlacc by a blind guy or one where he makes an incredibly epic escape from said Sarlacc?

StarWars2015 likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't care what story they tell about Fett as long as it's done right and is dark. A story about Fett needs to be dark.

17. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

I'd far rather them leave the OT alone and just leave Boba Fett dead post-RotJ. I'd WAY rather see Fett in his prime. IMO, set the spinoff about two to four years before the Battle of Yavin and just leave him in the Sarlacc.

18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Agreed.

I would rather the spinoffs the set in and around the ST era, but if one is to be about Fett then it should be set before he RotJ.

And Fett has to be Temura Morrison - the age difference can be explained by the premature ageing of the Clones.

And he should be the bad guy - not an anti-hero or a good guy because of who he is hunting.

The prey can be the heroes, like in The Terminator.

19. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    You have someone who kills people for money, but who's so good at it you can't help but admire his skill, and at least he doesn't seem to enjoy cruelty. Something happens where, due to reasons that dig way into the man's past, the man actually does something with good intentions for once. And of course, that action sets off a terrible chain of events that endangers many, including the man himself. The man fights tooth and nail to get out of the situation, killing a LOT of (mostly bad) people as he does so, and although he makes it out he loses someone who mattered to him, perhaps the only one left. . The audience can see that whatever little corner of the galaxy the film takes place in is a bit better now that whatever terrible force has no more control, that somehow in spite of himself the man was a hero, and that the person lost would have been proud of him. But the tragedy is the man can't see that, blames himself and buries the little bit of good in him deep, coming out of the situation colder than ever.
    Give the film a mix of the deliberate pacing of an old western and the bloody action-savvy of a film like Dredd, limit exposition to a risky degree, and you have the Boba Fett movie i want.

Though i also like the idea of him being the antagonist of his own movie, mysterious and daunting to the end.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Considering a young Han movie is rumored to be the 2nd spin-off, difficult or not they are going to do it.

Wasn't it already reported that the idea being floating for the Fett Spin off was going to be about the "Jango Clone" being killed and another bounty hunter taking his armor and name and really building the legend of "Boba Fett"?

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am too lazy to find the link, but I am pretty sure that rumor has been debunked.

[​IMG]

22. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    God no his death was so lame even George Lucas says in the commentary track on ROTJ that he regrets it.

23. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013

I hope not, thats the Fett movie I want to see - stupid cloning story.

That story crossed with someone like Parker/Pay Back would be fun.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The clone thing doesn't bother me and I rather like the son walking in his father's footsteps story that Boba and Jango can give us. I doubt I would even bother with seeing a story where Boba is replaced with an impostor.

[​IMG]

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  25. sluggo1313.

Aug 23, 2013
    Except its extremely lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.