main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    Obi-Wan already has a presence in six* different movies, with a pretty well developed character arc. There isn't another character in the canon with as many unanswered questions as Fett.

Taylore likes this.
  2. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

Obi-wan has had four movies and a tv show worth of exploring.

Every single show and movie besides R1 has centered around the jedi and the sith and force, how exactly is that fresh lol.

Taylore likes this.
  3. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    because it would be a fresh take on it to see how it came to be, bobby would be like okay bounty hunter probably appeared in the han solo movie, has trust issues doesnt talk, has issues about his father, a morally grey character who doesn't start off good, just not a super interesting plot.

4. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    I'd like this too but make the megablock instead be the under levels of Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa.

My other choice for the story of a Boba Fett movie would bring Karen Traviss back to Star Wars to write/screenplay it. The movie could chronicle Fett's years after ROTJ when he goes back to Mandalore & feature alot of Mandos & their culture in contrast to Fett's mercenary ways.

Jaster Vhett and Import_Jedi like this.
  6. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    So you want a movie where Boba and the Mandolorians sit around and crow about how the Jedi are all evil slave drivers and Mando culture is the best ever?

DavrelKex likes this.
  7. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    Yep, I at least want a movie where the Mandos & Fett talk about their society & the state the GFFA is in, it's called characterization & world building & since it's a movie then they can show onscreen what they're talking about. Plus Traviss would put in the action sequences, she knows how to do that well.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't really think that's necessary. The best world-building should be natural, and that seems kind of forced. Besides, I don't really think Fett in the current canon gives two craps about Mando culture. He and Jango seemed to be pretty disconnected from it.

DavrelKex likes this.
  9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Yes why explore the character that has only a few minor appearances in the movies and 4 TCW episodes when we could get a movie focused on a character we've seen hundreds of times?

DavrelKex and PymParticles like this.
  10. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Why not have Boba Fett crawling out of the Sarlaac Pit after RotJ, getting to his ship and flying off, his wounds are very bad, and by the time he gets off Tattooine and goes into hyperspace he starts going in and out of consciousness and his ship comes out of hyperspace and he flies toward an unknown planet, only he's barely keeping it together, but then he dies seconds before landing and the ship gets heavily damaged. A criminal nearby, watches Fett's ship crash, he investigates and sees Fett dead in his pilot chair on the ship. He knows who he is, and starts going through his stuff on the ship. He finds an extra uniform with more special toys Fett has, and his broken jet pack. He also watches an old message from Darth Vader asking for bounty hunters to find Captain Solo and Leia Organa. He comes up with a plan and dons Boba Fett's gear. Boba Fett Lives A Star Wars Story...

11. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999

I'd hate on it. The suit is the coolest part of Boba Fett but there is a man in there that has a twisted moral code of justice & hella skills as a bounty hunter to certainly be known as the go to guy by Darth Vader. As seen in AoTC, Boba Fett has history & purpose, there's no point in throwing all that away just so we could have another Jodo Kast type character.

42 is the answer to Life, the Universe & Everything.[face_peace]

DavrelKex likes this.
  12. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    Thinking outside the box but if Disney want to go full on action movie for Boba Fett they should tap Gareth Evans - who did The Raid movies - to direct it. He's a great talent who would bring something fresh to it. Huge Star Wars fan too.

13. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Good idea! Boba Fett either teaming up with Kanjiklub or hunting them down would be too f*(%ing cool.

Rylo_Ken likes this.
  14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I don't think Boba Fett is interesting enough to lead a whole movie.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I second this unpopular opinion.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  16. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    It is hard to make a film of an antagonist that hardly speaks, Mad Max:Fury Road did it by having a huge cast around him that does all the talking, whereas Darth Maul's TCW & SWR episodes have him talking his a** off like a silly wind up toy...and that is what I do not want to happen if Boba Fett gets his own movie. The guy doesn't have much to say, so don't have Fett blathering on with crazy a** mouth diarrhea.

Fett's going to get his own solo movie, I'm sure of it...I just hope it's directed by a huge Fett'ish fan that really knows how to direct a good story.

17. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't really understand he's not 'interesting' enough thought process. He's a bit of blank canvas really. They can do pretty much anything with him and go about it many different ways. They can make him interesting.

18. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    it just so boring how they stick to just around the OT time for the prequels like obi movie to be made, Leia movie as a princess to be made and also how the jedi were formed first sith first jedi so much more interesting then a fett movie when were already getting a solo one.

19. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    We get it - you want to see an Obi-Wan movie instead. You're not bringing anything new to the discussion by regurgitating the same point in every post.

20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Especially since an Obi-Wan movie or Leia movie would be set in the exact same "boring OT time" as a Han Solo or Boba Fett film. These films are not being catered to the individual preferences of specific fans, and various people seem to be unable to wrap their heads around the fact the these movies aren't being tailor made to suit their interests.

DavrelKex and La Calavera like this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    if they make a Fett movie could be cool if Mandalore was involved. Outside of the 2 animated series we've never seen the planet in Live Action. Nor have we seen either of the 2 Fetts interact with others.

also a good way to involve the other Underworld characters like Cad, Bossk, Aurra, Jabba etc.

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm also sure he's next. A Fett film in the spirit of Predator would be really interesting. I mean, both characters rarely take off their helmet, don't speak much and have lots of gadgets.

DavrelKex and Dagobahsystem like this.
  23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I imagine the Boba film (or its replacement) will be announced at Celebration this year. Surprising that we still don't have a post-Ep 9 movie locked in.

24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'd say that a decent amount of pre-production work went into Boba Fett before Trank dropped out. That's going to be a factor in them pushing forward with it.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    same with the fett films this would be the big mistake the disney team could make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.