main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Batman89

Darth_Batman89 Jedi Padawan

Apr 15, 2017
    I thought Solo was a good film. It just had outside factors that made it not sell that great.

Boba Fett is one of my favorite characters. However a Boba movie can either go really good or really bad. I think a Fett Film has to take a dark twist, yet makes him likeable. If Boba Fett is totally ruthless then I think an audience will lost interest. He's not a Vader type. However if he has a code, and is somewhat an anti hero it could bode well. His past shapes his perspective on things. I could see him being a Batman of Star Wars so to speak.

Vib3s and Django Fett like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, crap...

Krueger and TCF-1138 like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Boba's a grey character, it seems though that they want to turn the good guys grey rather than explore this world of bounty hunters and their unique morals.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking instead of doing both a Kenobi and Boba Fett film you could combine the two. Make Boba Fett the antagonist in Kenobi's film. Boba Fett could be hunting down Kenobi. It could be personal for him since Kenobi was the one who tracked Jango down to Geonosis which resulted in his death. It would also solve the issue of having only Tatooine in the film. Not only could you show Boba tracking down Kenobi on multiple planets but once he finds him Obi-Wan could be forced to leave to lure Fett away from Luke.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s a good thought. You’ve got some good thoughts.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Please never let @Darth Chiznuk know he's had a good thought, it will go to his head and then it's work, work, work all the time from him. :p

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm so sorry! I never intended any harm. Let me try to remedy the situation.

@Darth Chiznuk You're an idiot.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hollywood Reporter has just confirmed that this, at least, is still in development. They say it may be "reconfigured". They also say that the state of the Obi-Wan film is unclear. WTHs going on with the Obi-Wan film? I'm really starting to think it was just a hallucination we were all having and that it was never, ever a real thing. Talking about the Obi-Wan film has become the new SW fan version of talking about the ST throughout the 90s and early 00s.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...r-wars-development-1122655?utm_source=twitter

11. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Now this one should definitely be cancelled. It will bomb worse than Solo...as in ~ $200m total WW.
    Before anyone goes haywire, I said that Solo would bomb and got lambasted for it.

12. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Boba Fett's story has to have a serious hook and it cannot be a true origin story where we "get to know" the man under the mask. We don't need to know what makes him tick....we want to see him do cool things with his cool toys. That's the extent of it.

If LFL recognizes this, they can then make a successful Anthology for the big screen.

About 10 years before ANH....Fett is chasing 2 or 3 renegade Jedi during the Dark Times who survived the 66 Purge and competing against a group of other bounty hunters and Imperial agents for his Prize.

That should be the setting. Something along those lines.

The story really focuses on these Jedi. Keep these new characters on the run throughout the whole film. Pit Fett primarily against another cool Bounty Hunter like Cad Bane or someone new and keep them on the hunt for these renegade Jedi the entire time.

Have Fett deliver at least one Prize to Vader or Jabba or Xizor by film's end....but not before one of them completes their mission by delivering a holo-message to Obi-Wan on Tatooine.

Use the Fett story to set up the Kenobi story. Keep Fett mysterious and raise the stakes by involving new Jedi characters and the Empire along with other cool Underworld bounty hunter rivals.

-Jedi
    -lightsabers
    -Cad Bane and other bounty hunters
    -Vader/Jabba/Xizor
    -Obi-Wan cameo at the end
    -significant stakes to the GFFA

It could be really good if conceived and executed correctly. And the trailers would be sick.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Darth Nave, Lee_, Bor Mullet and 2 others like this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I still think they made a big mistake not using Boba Fett as Han's Antagonist, in the Solo movie. That would have been the perfect place for Boba Fett; not the star of his own movie, which will take away what mystery he has left. [face_sigh]

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Sounds interesting. And if they set it a little closer to TFA they could have Harrison Ford back as Han Solo then still have Alden for the earlier time period of the story. That would be pretty cool!

chris hayes likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Everthing goes to his head. Have you seen him win a game of PT trivia?

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I have never been anything but a humble and gracious winner.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    It's quite alarming that a Boba Fett film has been the ONLY one pseudo-announced and that was just before the release of Solo. I HIGHLY doubt this film will take place outside the realm of a streaming service.

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, as long as it features him, and isn't about him per se. In other words, it should be something like Dark Times of the Purge: A Star Wars Story, not ever Boba: A Star Wars Story.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m guessing this and Kenobi will be either produced for the streaming service, or as much lower-budget films. Either option sounds great to me, as it means they’ll be able to be bolder and more creative with the narrative and style. No need to conform to four-quadrant blockbuster filmmaking.

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I really think that leading up to the Solo film, the Fett film was ready to go deep into production with a 2020 release in the theater. Then, Solo's box office happened and the general consensus from Disney and LFL was "ummm, uh, hmmm, well, what do we do now?". Thus, a sense of scrambling and shuffling tainted with a small bit of chaos. Temporary halt on the project followed by some indecision on where to go next. Now, with only 2 years before the summer of 2020, the Fett project has to be laid out with a MUCH lower budget and seriously considered for streaming instead. The result is no definitive theatrical release for 2020.

25. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Just remember, the Boba Fett film was announced in 2014, and was scheduled to be the second anthology film, after Rogue One. So even though the Han Solo project was being worked on for many years (even before the acquisition, I believe), Disney originally intended to release a film about Fett first, over a film about Han Solo, arguably a more well known and popular character, especially among general audiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.