main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett returns? (Spoilers for the Legacy of the Force series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedi979, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Publisher's summary for Bloodlines, the second book of the Legacy of the Force series:

As civil war continues to break out in the Galactic Alliance, terrorism begins to drive the Alliance towards ever more repressive laws. Families find themselves divided, and old friendships are torn apart. But the bitterest enemy can be your own flesh and blood ? and your foe can turn out to be your only ally. Old enemies Han Solo and Boba Fett are drawn together as they both learn some harsh truths about their own kin, while Luke and Mara Skywalker fear for their only son, Ben, when his Jedi Master, Jacen Solo, makes a dangerous choice that shocks both families and the galaxy at large.

Boba Fett and Han Solo doing geneological studies together? I wonder who this "kin" of Boba's could be... or Han's, for that matter. Should be interesting!

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    My guess:

Boba's kin = His daughter, Ailyn Vel.

Han's kin = His son, Jacen Solo.

3. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Ohh! I would love to see something about Ailyn!

4. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I hope it has Boba's daughter Ailyn Vel hitting up with han's illegimite child Danielle Kieran. Both out seeking to meet up with their fathers.

5. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Whoa, time out! Since when did Boba Fett have a daughter?

6. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    You can read about her here.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

:rolleyes: Why bother now? He's had a whole series to be used, and younger too.

8. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I think it'll be quiet some time before we all get sick of Boba Fett.

9. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I think there will be lots of loud arguement about it. ;)

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Since when did Boba Fett have a daughter?<<

First suggested by the SW tales story "Outbid, But Never Outgunned", later canonized by SW Gamer and eventually detailed in The History of the Mandalorians article in SW Insider, where her gender, name, backstory and retro-active young adult novel appearances were established.

11. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Sounds more to me that Jacen and Ailyn will be on the opposing side of the conflict to what ever side Han and Boba are. I like it.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Maybe Jacen and Ailyn will get together. That would be interesting.

13. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    And another member of the New Jacen Order is born... :p

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

So Jacen's master by then, eh? They're not letting Mara birth anew, so as not to take the spot light off Bennifer. Pity.

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I hope they totally ignore this and re-establish Fett as a virgin and have the "kin" thing revolve around the clonetroopers.

16. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Since Ailyn's been retconned to be the person in the Mando armor of the YJK, that's rather unlikely.

17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    'They' won't. Karen Traviss doesn't tend to ignore established continuity.

Well, most of the time. At least in this situation she won't.

Anyhow, virgin Fett is lame.

18. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Yes, the only virgins in the Legacy series will be the ones reading the actual books.

[face_beatup]

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If authors in the post-ROTS ICS world can ignore the whole Executor-class thing, as well as those ships not being 8'000 metres long, then they will forget anything.

Besides, Fett not having sex shows how much of a dedicated hunter he is, even if being a virgin made him a lot uncooler.

20. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, for the love of God....

Jacen's behaviour had really better make sense in this series; Denning's (unfortunate and unexpected) superficial portrayal of him in The Unseen Queen and The Swarm War made it impossible to justify his actions. At least Skywalker Snr.'s turn was perfectly understandable (though by no means excusable).

It's clear already that the main point of this series (or, at least, its commencement) is to drive a wedge between traditional in-universe friendships and hence shock us with originality - but how can it be shocking when the point needs no elucidation even before the first two books have been published? Furthermore couldn't we (quite easily) deduce that the series will end with the healing of the fractures?

And besides - we've had a "Corellia v. Republic" conflict before. We don't need another one.

I really, really hope that Allston and Traviss will me impress me enough that I come to like Legacy of the Force. I'll admit that I was not looking forward to Dark Nest, and was pleased with The Joiner King and TUQ (however TSwW was something of a disappointment) - maybe I'll change my mind about Legacy.

Here's hoping. [face_praying] I know that I won't be able to stop myself buying all nine books anyway - it'd better be worth the money, because book prices over the next few years will no doubt rise to further nonsensical levels of inordinacy.

21. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Damn it. Double post. [face_blush]

22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Yes, the only virgins in the Legacy series will be the ones reading the actual books.<

ROTFLOL. It's funny because it's true. ;)

TC

23. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
  24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ::rim shot::

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the "no sex" thing with Boba has basicly been retconned as an incomplete thought/sentence- "...had never been with a woman [since Sintas]".

In fact, the whole situation with Sintas and Ailyn goes a long ways to showing why Boba has the opinions he gives in that TFJP story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.