main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett returns? (Spoilers for the Legacy of the Force series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedi979, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Lucas added in one scene with Fett surrounded by dancing girls, but didn't exactly turn him into a sex-god. Two chicks who thought he was all sexy with his armour and helmet came up to him, flirted with him, and then he excused himself and moved away. Perfectly normal behaviour for say, a virgin whose life is dedicated to the hunt, rather than pleasures of the flesh.

2. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    There's no better way to avoid getting yourself in a mountain of trouble.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>but wasn't him leaving because of the whole Jaster Mereel incident on Concord Dawn?<<

That's been a popular theory, but isn't official.

4. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    I don't really know anything about Fett's daughter, but is there any possibility they reconciled, and she joined his new Mando's?

5. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Highly doubtful. Aliyn really, REALLY dislikes her father. She may not even be alive. Not that Boba is the HML (Honorable Lord Mandalore) he would probalyl send out a Shock Trooper squad to go and whack his crazed daughter. *cue DM2 running in and raving about how Shysa made the Mando'ade good and they would never stoop so low* ;) :p

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Let's not generalize here. Many, if not most of us find the abstinence-only education nonsense a load of BS.

7. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    I would love to see it like this:
    Han's the better pilot.
    Fett's the better gunner. By a lot.

It would probably get too cheesy having them team up aboard the Falcon, though.

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    They'd probably do a lot more effective work if they had separate ships. Although if Fett's ship is blown up or disabled during the course of the book, then perhaps being aboard the Falcon as a result of forced circumstance could be believable.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Just as long as they fight over who pilots and who has to go into one of the quad laser turrets...

10. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Let's just stick to the discussion at hand and leave unrelated manner out of it

11. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    She didn't kill him, though, if I remember right - she just found his body already read, didn't she?

While it's true larger percentages of American youths are staying "virgin" longer, for some reason the popularity of oral sex has skyrocketed among the same age group. [face_whistling]

12. sithlord-3

sithlord-3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    please please PLEASE , no mandalorian jedi !!!!!!

and why does every one have to get with some one, SW is not a soap opera!!!

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's space opera, actually ;)

>> She didn't kill him, though, if I remember right - she just found his body already read, didn't she?<<

Actually, I think she did kill him- but after she found out her mistake, I think she found the body of Fenn Shysa after Taun We sent Boba after him- and thats where she got her Mandalorian armor she wore in YJK as well as where she took Slave IV from.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Personally, I'm rather disinclined to accept such a possibility myself. He could very easily have her captured (remember, she lost out to a bunch of teenage Jedi on one occasion), brought to him and then explain things, if he wanted to.

Mm-hmm. And for what reason?

And you are implying what by that?o_O

It's not as though there's some law of SW physics that declares "Ye shall not bring among you any Force-sensitives, nor suffer your sons to beget them".

Love makes the world go 'round, as a wise tiger once said.;)

15. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Not the thread to get into that, Q_M.

16. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Mandalorian Sith/Dark Jedi, but a Mandalorian Jedi really wouldn't work. At least, not if the Mandalorian held on to his/her culture's beliefs.

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Except he's not a Tradoshan and has no reason to be "dedicated to the Hunt"

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, he's dedicated to making money out of hunting people. I'd be pretty dedicated to hunting too if it got me rich. Only thing is, I wouldn't refuse if I had Leia offered to me on a plate.

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Would it be too obviously petulant and childish to point out that you bear more responsibilty for starting this than I?

Personally, I think it *might* work. Besides, Luke's "proper" method of leading the Jedi Order was to let them all interpret their perceptions of the Force and their duties as best they saw fit, right?;)

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, he's dedicated to making money out of hunting people. I'd be pretty dedicated to hunting too if it got me rich. Only thing is, I wouldn't refuse if I had Leia offered to me on a plate.

Well she wasn't in the mood and Boba knows she's got Han all over her.

:)

But yeah, Boba just makes a more interesting character with a family life I think.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I must admit, Fett's personal life is a mystery, and it would be interesting to see what it is like outside his hunting/killing Vong etc.

Revelations about his kin, though? If his daughter hates him and is trying to kill him, why would he really be bothered about any revelations about her?

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    'Twould seem to belie your claim to being the "perfect English gentleman".[face_thinking] o_O

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Ah, all right. I must've confused her encounters with Spar and Fenn.

24. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    *Sigh*
    Man. I hope we're all wrong, here.
    Yes, there's an inconsistency (or is there?) in the Fett storyline, but let's not forget something: the Sintas/Ailyn story is bad. It was poorly conceived by a magazine, at a time that mag was NOT considered canon. The Gamer status is a non-issue; the issue is that the story was invented by a freelance author who didn't know what they were writing about at the time.... and the subsequent stories are just badly written. By no means that does mean they shouldn't be enjoyed! Love the heck out of them; they're fun in their own right. However -
    [image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/9/9a/BobaAndFamily.jpg]
    ^Really. Com'mon. Look at that. ^

Also, we, the public, supposedly retconned Last Man Standing, because Keys Moran forgot how to use a cursor, leaving out part of a sentence. You know, in one of the most acclaimed tidbits of literature in SWars.

I like Traviss's work so far, and hope she can tidy up this mess while giving us something that none of us expected.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Sadly, Boba Fett may not even know she's a bounty hunter. It's not like she's advertising herself as Ailyn Fett.

Also, I disagree with -E-, Attack of the Clones establishes Boba as coming from a very good family environment. I don't see why he wouldn't want one of his own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.