main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

boba fett ruined.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by angrytapes, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Altered

Darth_Altered Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    "Little boba was lame because I thought he was going to use disintegration in ROTS. I thought it was a perfect set up but it turns out he played a useless cameo. "

Yeah I agree. I got exicted when I learned he'd be in Ep2, and then I was dissapointed when there was no real character developement. I think I'd have preffered if Jango had just been an old Mandalorian (spelling?) warrior turned bounty hunter, and not Fetts father/clone.

Also, I think the same of Chewbacca being in Ep3...it should've (imho) just been a regular wookie. There was absolutely no reason for it to be Chewie at all.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This is not a thread for debating canon. Some people accept the EU and others do not. I do not want to see any bickering about what is and is not canon. So long as someone notes they are using EU as their source, it is ok for them to do so. It is not ok for EITHER side to post as if their opinion on canon is the right one. That leads to canon wars and bannings.

3. Mister_Bunny

Mister_Bunny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2001
    If a TV show comes about, set in the time after RotS, it will be a smooth transition from movie to TV to see Temura Morrison play Boba Fett. Maybe that's another reason Boba was added to the PT.

4. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I dont thin Fett was ruined. Although I like Jango better than his son now.

5. CRIPPLERCROSSFACE

CRIPPLERCROSSFACE Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    ROTS would have been definitely better if we could of seen how Boba Fett was learning the ins and outs of of bounty hunting. We already know that he learned a lot from his father, Jango. That was probably the only disappointment I had with ROTS because of the lack of Boba Fett. Hopefully the new series will chronicle his growing up into the bounty hunter that we know and love.

6. Kel_Dar

Kel_Dar Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Lines in the OT

Vader: And NO disintigrations!
    Fett: As you wish.

Vader know about Fett and his methods, he's simply stating he wants Han alive because as we see he wants to bait a trap for Luke. Fett heard about a bounty for Solo from the Empire, which he was all ready persuing from Jabba. Find Solo for the Empire's trap and get paid....return Solo to Jabba and get paid....two paycheck for one deal, how is that getting punked?

Fett: What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a LOT to ME.
    Vader: The Empire will conpensate you for your loss.

Who else got the Empire to compensate ANYTHING? Another point to Fett not getting "punked". He needed the Empire? Hardly, he was the one that tracked Solo and brought the Empire in to close the trap....which was the deal. Vader did not want them dead...look at Lando.

Leia: Vader wants us all dead.
    Lando: He doesn't care about you, he's setting a trap for some Skywalker...

Fett has one of the worst deaths on screen ever, though later in the comics he escapes. Also the AT-ST getting flattened by logs?? Where's the armor and circutry that keeps that thing running?? That's even worse.

7. jedi-jo-rel

jedi-jo-rel Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I totally agree with angrytapes
    "before the new films he was just a mysterious super cool bad ass bounty hunter - the best in the galaxy etc., now all he is is another stormtrooper, another clone. Putting fett in the PT ruined him - i know the fans wanted to see him, but to have him as a little kid just for the sake of it.......

why not the armies of mandalorian super commandos that were rumoured? ive been waiting for them since the ESB novelization."

I couldn't have said it better myself(so I cut and pasted)

8. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    You all are wrong!
    Boba will always be cool!
    If a guy who could,and probobly wants to kill you(vader)
    tells you what to do,you do it!And i think that although prequel boba was dissapointing,it showed why he lost compassion!And he stayed with jabba cause jabba gives big bounties an vader's too bossy!AND BOBA DID NOT DIE!
    Boba is much cooler than jango,jango is horrible!at least
    boba has a reason!

9. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    I didn't like how they tore down the mythos surrounding Boba Fett in AOTC. However, I do like Jango Fett a lot, on par with grown-up Boba. I just wish I hadn't seen Boba as a ten-year-old.

I didn't agree with re-dubbing Boba Fett's lines in ESB using Temuera Morrison's voice. I mean, sure, he's a clone, but his father died when he was ten, so he's now, what, 21 years older? You'd think he'd have lost that accent by then.

10. SuperShmi06

SuperShmi06 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    i was personally dissapointed with the boba fett aspect, not because of the acting--i thought that kid rocked. It was because the story in the movie now completely contradicts the story of Boba Fett in the bounty hunter wars trilogy. I find that very aggrivating. The story in the books was MUCH better (and no, im not a lit forum geek who thinks that books have supremacy over the movies--i know that the boba fett in the movie is the one we have to go with)

11. jedi-jo-rel

jedi-jo-rel Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I agree with supershmi the Fett storyline in the movie was way off from what was originally stated. First off, where are the mandalorians? Also, if Boba is using his dad's uniform why does he paint it millions of different colors? By the look of Fett I thought he collected all the pieces from diferent sources ( being that they are different colors). And why change the color to some crappy green? Fett was better off keeping it blue and silver. Boba as a kid with his stupid lines like "yup" or "get him dad" and his pathetic laugh just killed the older Boba Fett for me! Boba is dead to me...I don't know any Boba. Oh speaking of pathetic, what's up with Mace?...lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Um Boba Fett was ruined back in 1983 when he sailed through the air screaming like Moe form the Three Stooges and then proceeded to fall into a what looked like a big scary bum hole which then made a belching sound.

13. Yank

Yank Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Everyone is a kid at some point. People say stupid or "uncool" things as kids. Case in point, "Get him dad!" Boba's cool. He back chat's Vader and gets away with it. No one else does that.

Just a thought, how old was Temuera in AOTC? The clones are in their early 20's or something after growth, so wouldn't they look a touch different than him?

14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001

Guys, why the canon wars? It should be apparent to everyone exactly how important canon is and how little gerge views it...after all boba fetts origins in the book are copletely wrong as are chewbacca's, after aotc and rots. The evidence is in the movies, there is no need to argue. Let the fan's of the less than sub-par novels enjoy them when they can, it will not change the canon established by the movies. This way we can all get along.

Just keep in mind everyone forgets whatever fallacy they read in the EU, yet people still remember the movies after decades.

15. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    How could Boba Fett be ruined as a character? He was never that much of a character to begin with in the OT.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don?t think it?s a matter of the character being ruined, but merely demystified. For many (myself included), Fett had an aura about him in The Empire Strikes Back that was undeniably ?cool.? He possesses the guile to speak his mind to Vader, and the ingenuity to bring in the ever-crafty Han Solo. His worn yet sturdy armor suggests he?s a veteran of many hard-boiled affairs, while the fact that he?s masked automatically raises questions about what type of man or creature lies beneath the t-shaped visor.

With Clones the whole Fett concept is deconstructed on several levels. Obviously, we see the boy who grows up to be the suited bounty hunter from the OT. For better or worse, we now have a reference point with which to better gauge the once-mysterious character in the form of lines like ?Get him dad.? Secondly, introducing Jango Fett was another move which further lessens Boba Fett?s originality. Jango's basically the same character we saw in ESB (for good reason) as far as being the galaxy?s most notorious bounty hunter, but again is portrayed in a new light that strives to bath him in a wash of normalcy. Jango takes off his armor and sets it aside, thus offering a glimpse of a surprisingly mundane domestic life. We still see him in all his glory during riveting action sequences, but with that also comes a simple man, his apartment, and his parenting skills.

Thus ends the mystery, perhaps the most important characteristic that made the 1980 Boba Fett such a cult favorite.

17. Whaleman

Whaleman Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I agree to an extent in that I thought it was stupid that Boba or Jango Fett were involved in the prequels....let alone that Boba Fett's dad was the origin of all the clones. that is very stupid (although i am one of the few that liked ep 2). I had the same fear going into ROTS when I heard that Chewbacca was going to be involved. It was pretty dumb that he was one of the leaders of the wookies, when the OT made it seem that he was a lovable coward. At least ROTS barely had the wookies.

18. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    All I gotta say is- Boba's not dead. Dengar rescued him.

19. SITHLORDCAMEL

SITHLORDCAMEL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    I wish Boba had died! Just joking, Bobas one of my favs.

20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I have never understood why Boba Fett was so popular. He does nothing in the OT. Nothing, and yet for some reason he is a legend. I don't get it. :-B

It was pretty dumb that he was one of the leaders of the wookies, when the OT made it seem that he was a lovable coward.

The only time Chewbacca acted cowardly in the OT was in ANH with the creature in the Trash Compactor. Every other time he seemed pretty brave to me.

21. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Thus ends the mystery, perhaps the most important characteristic that made the 1980 Boba Fett such a cult favorite.

Good. Boba Fett is a bounty hunter and shouldn't be idolized and thought to be "cool."

22. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I have never understood why Boba Fett was so popular. He does nothing in the OT. Nothing, and yet for some reason he is a legend. I don't get it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that sexy armor... How can you NOT love that???????

And he's got that oh-so-sexy voice. C'mon man, you gotta love the Fett fam.

23. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think unmasking boba was the same reason why alot of people didnt like th e prequels, because they unmasked anakin. didn't alot of people back in the day hate the unmasking of vader in rotj?

24. Yank_My_Yoda

Yank_My_Yoda Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    at first I thought Boba Fett's legacy and mystery was kind of ruined after AOTC...

then I became a fan of the clone troopers , the ARC troopers, republic commandos, and now the new ROTS clone troopers and then realized that Boba Fett was the combo of all these and far superior to them all....

onboard the Star Destroyer, Darth Vader had to tell him "no disentegration" which obviously meant he was a fierce killer...

on Cloud City, again Darth Vader had to hold back Boba from shooting Chewbacca ....

then later Boba has the guts to "tell" Vader Solo is no good to him dead and Vader had to reassure him that the Empire would pay him....vader himself telling a "clone" the Empire would compensate his losses...

then he tells Imperials to put Solo into Slave 1 which most of the galaxy were taking orders from the Empire...

sure he fell and screamed into the Saarlaac but regardless of the small amount of time shown in all the Star Wars series, he did gain the respect of the Empire, Vader and SW fans....

Boba Fett rocks....!!!

25. Gungan_Sith

Gungan_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    What does everybody have against kids? People everywhere are always criticizing Anakin in TPM and Boba in AOTC. Everybody was a kid at one time or another, even the most evil villains like Darth Maul. I do not see how showing a certain part of a character's life ruins the character. If anything, it adds depth to the character. Boba Fett was barely in ANH, in ESB for only a few minutes, and died an embarassing death more fitted for Jar Jar Binks in ROTJ. I'm not criticizing Boba Fett, but how can appearing as a child, thus adding depth to him, ruin him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.