main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett Scholastic Books

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by REBO1971, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Does anyone read the Boba Fett Scholastic books? I find them really interesting. I have read the first three. I was never a big Boba Fett fan. I never understood the hype around that character. All he had going for him was a "cool" costume. In fact, the supposed "best bounbty hunter in the universe" was taken down by a blind man!!! But I was interested in what happened to young Boba after Attack of the Clones. He just watched his father get killed. Now he is an orphan with nowhere to go. How does he survive? What does he do? The Boba Fett Scholastic books answers these questions. They are not extremely well written compared to other kids books on the market, but they are enjoyable. The books have taken a character that I cared nothing about and have made him into a sympathic, likable, and tragic character.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I've only been able to get my hands on the first two. But I like them.

You're right, though. They aren't as good as, say, the Jedi Apprentice series. ;)

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    In fact, the supposed "best bounbty hunter in the universe" was taken down by a blind man!!!

A blind man...WITH A STICK!

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The books have taken a character that I cared nothing about and have made him into a sympathic, likable, and tragic character.

See, here's my thing about this. I don't want Boba Fett to be "sympathetic, likeable and tragic." I want him to be mysterious. That's why, as cool as it was seeing Jango in Clones, I kind of wish George had gone a different route. Clones took away much of that mystery for me. I didn't like that.

5. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't know. I think it's fleshed out his character a bit.
    I never really saw the big deal about Boba Fett until all of this.
    Yeah. Best bounty hunter in the galaxy and dies in one of the first encounters that we see him in. (Yes, I know that he didn't really die in the Sarlaac. But it appeared that way in RotJ.)

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh, but he did die in the Sarlacc... Lucas said in some interview something to the effect of, "Yeah, I know that people keeping bringing him back so he appears in the comics and books afterwards as if he survived, but no, he died here." (here referring to the Sarlacc pit of course)

7. LukeSkiwalker

LukeSkiwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2004
    Lucas doesn't Agree with most of the EU. I'd rather believe in the EU than Lucas's Universe. His is just kinda Weird. Anyway I like Fett Being Alive.

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Not to mention better dialogue in the EU ;)

9. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Oh, but he did die in the Sarlacc... Lucas said in some interview something to the effect of, "Yeah, I know that people keeping bringing him back so he appears in the comics and books afterwards as if he survived, but no, he died here." (here referring to the Sarlacc pit of course)

I may be mistaken, but in the Return of the Jedi Special Edition (my VCR is broke, so I haven't watched my videos in a long time. I just can't seem to justify buying a new VCR when all the movies I buy are on DVD now!) didn't they include a loud CRUNCH sound when Boba fell into the Sarlac's mouth to emphasize that he was indeed killed?

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I've read the Boba Fett books (also the Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Young Jedi Knights, and Junior Jedi Knights) and I really love the Boba Fett books. I mean yes I can go thru one in like two hours but that isn't the point. I just like how it gives the character another layer of character. What I mean is even if some people don't like that Boba is being written as a childish character (because he IS one) doesn't mean it isn't good. I find them great books and create a real feeling about the characters more and more with every book...that is why I like them so much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.