main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett sucks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacktherack, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the history of media. He literally does nothing in the entire movie except die from a blind man wielding a stick.

For those of you saying that George wanted to have him survive, he added a belch after he is swallowed in the special edition which throws that theory out the window.

"Episode V-The Empire Strikes Back: In his first scene at the gathering of bounty hunters to find the Millennium Falcon, we see that Vader has to remind Fett in particular, "No disintegrations."
    And when he says that he's pointing a finger at him like he's saying, "Stop killing the people you're being paid to capture!"
    He's a bounty and he needs to be reminded, "Don't kill the people I'm paying you to capture and hand over to me so I can get information out of them."

"He later shows up when our heroes discover The trap set by Darth Vader, Fett bursts onto the scene by flying out on his jetpack, blasts Chewie a couple dozen times, beats the **** out of Han and breaks Leia's legs-oh wait, no he doesn't. He just comes from behind a corner and stands there after Vader does cool stuff like catching blaster bolts with his hand.

So far, all we've seen him do is either walk, be stationary, get reminded how to do his job only to not do it when he has a great opportunity, and then stand there some more.

Again, why is he popular?"

Then in episode Vl...

"It's the Sarlaac scene and Luke has turned the tables on Jabba, turning their execution into a daring escape. Well, Boba Fett won't stand for that. He takes off on his jetpack (Finally, an opportunity to use this!) and lands right in front of Luke so he can get his blaster chopped in half before he even has a chance to fire and it knocks him down. First off, why not use that jetpack to fly around and blast the **** out of Skywalker and pals at the same time? Doesn't he know that a moving target is harder to hit (or chop in Luke's case) than a stationary one (ie. One that lands two feet in front of you!

So since he can't shoot Luke, Fett declares, "You are fit to be tied up! Because everyone knows that a lightsaber can't cut through rope!"
    It does and it knocks down Fett again-much harder than last time."

"So after looking like a complete (*****) twice in ten seconds, Boba Fett decides to try and shoot Luke with something he's got on his wrist. You know, that probably would have worked better than the rope, idiot!
    However his plans are thwarted when a blind guy sets off his jetpack by accident, sending him into the sail barge and into the mouth of the Sarlaac.

Yeah, the best bounty hunter in the galaxy got taken out by a blind guy...on accident.

And for some reason that final act of being a (slang word for female body part) solidified his legacy among Star Wars fans as one of the greatest characters ever. However not even the Sarlaac could keep Fett out of the Star Wars universe since he's been resurrected in paperback form."

Quotes paraphrased from The opinions of schweitzer-man blog

Well at least he falls into the sarlacc looking like a bad***. Oh wait...

No.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [face_plain]

J7Luke likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I second this. In fact, I second it so much I have to do it myself.

[face_plain]

J7Luke likes this.
  4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Isn't this topic like....30 years out of date?

J7Luke and Rogue_Follower like this.
  5. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    sorry the text got messed up so i had to edit it 3 times...

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This will end well.
    [​IMG]

J7Luke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.