main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett--where is he now?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WormieVibes, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The child was most likely born before his sarlacc ordeal. As for fett's wife her name was sintas.

We don't have a name for the son, but I like to call him Janbo fett, ;), or maybe it's Bojango fett, :D.

The story was told in Tales(which is infinities by itself), but then retold and expanded in a "canon" article in gamer 6.

2. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Man, thinning out those genes of his.

What a shame. He should have cloned himself like his 'dad'. We could have a Fett for every generation, and all his fans would be happy. :D

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Though clones of clones could possibly make more and more inferior clones.

4. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    You think so? I wonder why that would be, since it's just an exact genetic duplicate?

Oh well, I took biology twice for a reason. ;)

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, clones made in real life, for some reason are not as perfect as their original. The clones of original have serious health issues that crop up, as well as a affected life span. Apparently it gets worse if you clone from a clone's dna. They are not entirely sure why this happens yet as far as I know.

Khomms are lucky it seems, but you can see that a change occured with the gene mixture in the dorsk line giving them ability to use the force.

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    That's interesting. I learn something new everyday...which is easy when you're not that bright to begin with. ;)

I wonder if clones in SW suffer from that problem, though. It seems to me that an army of unhealthy clones would not be very useful. But I guess that's gonna have to wait until the prequels are finished, cuz who knows right now what the clones will be like.

7. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Val,

I think you've watched too much Star Trek: TNG. In reality, I don't think clones are as bad off as you make them seem. The health issues arise mostly due to that most clones are kept in labs and not raised normally, thus they don't build up the same immunities early in life. It's a nature-nurture issue.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm reffering to an article and news broadcasts I read and heard about sheep clones made from dolly the clone, as well as dolly herself. The insides were not perfect according to the article, there were some physical abnormalities with them as well, as well as aging process was accelerated. As well it formed arthritis rather fast rate. Many of these things are things that just living in a lab won't cause.

Then there were clones of mice that had accelerated obesity problmes even when the animals diet was monitored at a certain rate. Obecity that couldn't be found in the original.

I suspect you shouldn't try to discredit people by accusing them of watching too much star trek. Who knows many of star trek's hypothesises have basis in reality, it seems when it comes to clones it idea was fairly accurate. But that wasn't were I pulled my info from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.