main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Yes he will

Following the success of Boba Fett (appearing in comics and being a popular supporting character), George Lucas considered adding a shot of Boba Fett escaping the Sarlacc for the 2004 DVD release. Ultimately, he decided against it as he does not want viewers to be detracted from the intended storyline.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/trivia

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    At the time Lucas did it on purpose to go look he's not important, and was basically just a plot device in ESB.

I could have done without him in the SE ANH just gaping at the camera too.

3. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    If someone can escape the Sarlacc, then that makes the Sarlacc 10 times less dangerous.
    "Beg for mercy or you will be thrown in the Sarlacc's mouth, where you will suffer a slow death, as you are digested for 1000 years !"
    "Just throw me in with a blaster and a jetpack and I will defeat this ancient monster !"

The thing to note here: he thought about adding a shot of Boba escaping only because the character is popular. Not because it would make sense or because that was the original intention. But just because it is a popular character.

I guess that death in the Star Wars universe is a mere inconvenience.
    Be chopped in half and fall down an endless chasm? No worries, get a pair of robotic legs, get out of there (somehow) and go on with your life like nothing's happened.
    Be thrown in the belly of an ancient and feared monster with tentacles, where thousands have died before, where you would be kept alive for 1000 years as you feel you flesh dissolving? If you appear in lots of comic books, then I guess you can survive that.

Boba Fett and Darth Maul are two characters who had almost no dialogue in ESB and TPM respectively, but are very popular for some reason. One because...he has a green armor and a jetpack and the other one because he has a double-bladed lightsaber.
    Glad to see the high standards of characterization in Star Wars. And we wonder how we got Jar-Jar...

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Darth Maul got brought back for TCW because he was popular and under-used, most rumours regarding the Live Action Series suggest it focused on Boba Fett which gives him similar exposure to make up for his lack of screen time and development in the movies (smae reason his origin is looked at in the PT).

All that stuff is perfectly plausible within the realities of SW Universe. Anakin had his limbs chopped off and was set on fire and came back with cybernetic parts, Grievous was blown up in a shuttle crash but came back as a droid with a brain. Compared to those guys Darth Maul was easy to bring back, and Boba Fett who is essentially Iron Man could blast his way out of a glorified carnivorous plant (remember how tough his armour is).

Boba Fett seems unlikely to appear if the ST is set many decades after ROTJ because he'd be very old and probably retired from the Bounty Hunting business.

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    And he used to be mysterious until you found out that all the Stormtroopers were tamed versions of Boba Fett too:(

The Fetts are gone... learn to let go

Now a stand alone spin off movie - that's another kettle of fish

6. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Fett will probably get one of the first few spin off movies, everyone who has a Boba Fettish will get their fix eventually.

Cad Bane & Embo of TCW have proved that there can be new cool bounty hunters. No need for Boba in Episode VII, if the plot calls for a bad ass bounty hunter, they can create a new one.

DARTH_BELO and Graphic like this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The Clone Wars TV show has lots of Boba Fetts even a Boba Fett with breasts that should be enough for the fan-boys ;)

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Fett is still being slowly digested over 1000 years. [face_tired]

the_sinister_hologram likes this.
  9. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    Did you really just compare Jar Jar Binks to Boba Fett and Darth Maul?? LOL. That may be the worst summary of something I have ever read. Actions speak louder than words. In the first movie they were in, Boba Fett leads to capturing Solo and the gang then takes him to Jabba the Hutt, a MAJOR plot point for the next movie. Darth Maul is responsible for killing Qui Gon which of course sets up Anakin's apprenticeship thus the rest of the movies, not to mention involved in perhaps the best lightsaber duel of the whole saga. What did Jar Jar do in his first movie??? However I will agree Jar Jar would have been more popular if he would have had almost no dialogue.

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Not to be devil's advocate or anything, but Jar-Jar initiated the vote to give Palpatine emergency executive powers, which allowed him to use Darth Vader to take over the galaxy. Ya know, possibly the single most important event in the Star Wars timeline.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Bringing back Boba would essentially be more or less like fanservice. I would rather have them use Bossk, Zuckuss or IG-88 as the principal bounty hunter instead (well, why not let one of those guys from the Executor bridge get some action?).

12. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    Big Bad, If you read my post you would have seen this:

What did Jar Jar do in his first movie???

I know Jar Jar gave Palpatine emergency executive powers in the 2nd move, but I'm sure Lucas tossed that in to justify his existence... since Jar Jar never did much of anything even while starring in TPM. Lucas could have easily had any other character from Naboo fill that slot instead of Mr. least likely to be a senator.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Boba, Vader, and Palpatine should all come back merged as one:

Bobadertine!

StoneRiver likes this.
  14. starwarsreturns15

starwarsreturns15 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2013
    I think not only should it be done, but it will be done, the story of Boba Fett is far from over. It is alo very believeable that Fett could esescape the sarlacc, for instance the sarlacc injects a toxin into its victims allowing it to slowly digest its prey at its lesure. Fett would not succumb and use his strongwill & resourcefulness to fight both the toxin & cause fatal internal damage to the creature. Also while it would have taken years to fully recover, Fett could discover that his father had altered his DNA allowing him to age slowethan normal humans so he could remain relativaly young at Episode 7.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile... and no growth acceleration.

16. -Fett-

-Fett- Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    genetic replication isn't necessary.
    i recall that it was Dengar that helped nurse Boba back to health after having found him naked and yet escaped from Salacc and nealy dehydrated in the barren lands of Tatooine ... according to tales of the bounty hunters anyway. it isn't cannon, true enough. but, the timeline fits well enough (for me) to be conceivable nonethless. not that this is evidence to support a cameo, but evidence that Boba's story lives - outside fo the "Great Pit of Carkoon".

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Generally speaking, EU is canon. The book you refer to is a C-canon product. It may not be G-canon but it is still canon.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If Fett is dead, he's dead. I don't want him to suddenly pop up in VII and have absolutely no explanation for his survival. I think though we should leave Fett for a spinoff film.

19. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    For the purposes of Return of the Jedi, the Sarlacc only needed to be dangerous to Luke, Han and Chewy. They had no armor, weapons, or jetpacks; so the danger they faced was real. Boba escaping would only be due to the equipment he had with him when he fell in, so having him survive would not undermine any necessary plot elements.

20. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I would like to see a spin off movie where either Boba or Jango is competing in a hunt against Cad Bane.

21. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Fett is a slippery devil, I doubt they'd be content to let him stay dead.

22. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'd like to see more of IG-88, I'd love to know what motivates a droid to bounty hunt. What does he spend his money on?

23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Probably oil, electricity, booze, and prostitutes.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That is or was the point about Boba though, that he was just a plot device, nothing more, which was the reason Lucas killed him off in RTJ to prove that point.

As for Spin-offs well it looks like he is getting his own TV show now, I guess he really is the most interesting bounty hunter

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Darth Maul nearly got his ass handed to him by a Mandalorian in a recent episode of TCW in a similar fashion to how Obi Wan had trouble dealing with Jango Fett in AOTC. That just gives you an idea of how tough Boba can be if used in the ST, although given his age that may not be the case.

Lucas seems to have gone to great lengths to make Boba and his heritage much more awesome, and one assumes the planned TV show would have been the epitome of that. Maybe if the show is going to stay shelved Boba will have a chance in the ST to do something. Though I see him more as a leader or Crime Lord than a fighting Bounty Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.