main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    BOBA 4 LIFE!

Hell yeah - bring back Boba Fett.

And bring his old voice back too!

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Playing devils advocate here but how about we get the spin off movie where he escapes the pit, and then they bring him back for VIII or IX?
    Opinions?

I don't think they should do this. The spin off movie should be set earlier than TESB and then we can leave him festering in the sarlacc.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I really liked Boba in the OT, even though he really only a) tracked the Falcon to Bespin, b) looked cool, and c) said four pretty cool lines. I didn't mind his appearance in the PT either, even though it wasn't really a necessary connection to make. But I don't care at all about the story he's been given in the EU, so I assume he died in the sarlacc. I don't see any point in the ST using any of those ideas to try to bring him back and include him in the new movies.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    To be honest I wish Disney would have ONLY done SPIN OFF movies, instead of doing 7-9. It just seems like there would be more creative freedom then trying to constrain everything to "post ROTJ".

Also it seems like there is TOO much time has passed between the PT and the ST to make these classic characters viable in the ST. If Luke is 50-60 years old in the ST Fett would be 70-80.

Now if they want to get creative, and say Fett escaped the Sarlacc, then shortly accidentally got frozen in carbonite and and was thawed out at age 40, I'd be cool with that.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I also don't like the idea of resurrecting Boba Fett (or any dead character for that matter). Leave him rotting in the Sarlacc where he belongs. New bounty hunters would be awesome though.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Unless they're unoriginal rip-offs like Cad Bane (interesting Indiana Jones look until he suddenly had a flamethrower & whipcord and could fly just like Fett)

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, Cad Bane... geez. :rolleyes:

8. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Star wars doesn't do flashbacks, so explaining how he escaped being slowly digested presents a slight problem. Maybe he has an emulator? A would be bounty hunter who perhaps hopes to carry on in his footsteps? Maybe finds his ship on tattoine? Maybe its got more mandalorian armor in its cargo hold? I think we all have to accept that boba is in fact dead, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the star wars universe.

9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh, I saw that, but who says we can only judge a character by his first movie? That's a really arbitrary way to make connections. What if I say we can only judge a character by his second movie? In that case, Boba Fett is an even bigger waste of space than Jar-Jar!

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If it hadn't been for Jar Jar, Padme would never had known the Gungans had a Grand Army, nor where to find them.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I would prefer to leave the dead characters dead, and focus on some new ones.

12. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I like the idea of Boba having his own movie. I want to see a movie that spans the time between episode II and Empire that has Boba turning from a orphaned clone kid to the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy. God knows there's plenty of EU material out there covering it.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    excellent! my feelings exactly...and Temuera Morrison can be made up to look older to keep pace with an aging Harrison Ford

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    One line in the script oughta just about cover it: "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible."

Now, clearly, I'm playing for laughs here a little bit, but honestly, I don't think it has to be as complicated as some envision it.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of fans love the guy and even his detractors would have to admit that Boba's on-screen characterization would benefit from some attention. As long as it's not at the exclusion of exciting new characters, I can't see that any real harm would come from bringing the guy back (it's already been done in the literature, after all) and it would certianly mean a lot to a whole big bunch of folks. I've always been a fan of Fett's since I first saw ESB in 1981, so personally, I say "what the hell," you know?

Boba's only 3 years older than Han (who I'd also like to see make an appearance), but If the guy's age is the problem, then consider writing him as the head of a powerful syndicate or put him in his rightful role as Mand'alor, focusing more on the role of leader versus hunter. Certainly, Michael Arndt would come up with better ideas than I and it would be a nice fan service.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    While I would grudgingly accept his inclusion if it were forced upon me, you'll see me admit no such thing. He's a class C background character, not worth the waste of dialogue. I'm hoping that Episode VII will give us a random character with an even cooler costume, a jetpack with two rocket launchers, and who does even less for the overall plot - maybe then we can put Fett to rest.

16. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Boba Fett died before the events of Ep7. In any event either way he would be too old. Perhaps he had a son though, and keeps the tradition going as Jango did.

17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    All I know for certain is the last inclusion of character development from Boba on the big screen lead to a curly haired young boy pathetically delivering poorly written lines. Let me keep my mystery, and remember Boba Fett as he was. An overrated Bounty Hunter incapable of controlling his jet pack, but is still awesome because he just looks cool.

18. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Bring Boba back! Bring Boba back!

19. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    God this so much.

I'd much rather have a new mysterious bounty hunter than Boba again. I had enough of that with Jango.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Was Boba like three years older the Han? Is that right?

21. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    I think a Boba Fett spinoff movie will happen from yahoo news today talking about a yoda spinoff:
    The project is said to be in active development, though of course there are no plot details to speak of (our guess would be it's an origin story -- actually, how about "Begin, Yoda Shall" as a title?). Kennedy apparently has a whole slate of spinoff films in the works, including one focusing on Jabba the Hutt (potentially the "Goodfellas" of the "Star Wars" universe?) that was apparently pitched by George Lucas himself. And let's not forget that Joe Johnston, who's in good with Disney after directing Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger," once expressed his desire to call the shots on a movie featuring everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett. Disney and Lucasfilm have not returned our calls for comment.

22. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    This site is great because we can debate for two weeks on things which are clearly impossible.

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I imagine a Jabba film as the Godfather. Let's Francis Ford Coppola to do it. [face_laugh]

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    What's impossible?

25. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    If Episode 7 takes place 30 years after ROTJ, then there's no reason to assume that a Boba movie would ALSO take place during that period. I imagine it would be a good idea to make a Fett movie that takes place right after (or even during) the events of Jedi, showing him get out the Sarlacc - this would be a great opportunity to recast the 'big three' with younger actors (to fit that time period) and get us used to seeing new faces playing them. This would also mean that we could see the further adventures of Luke, Leia and Han in various spin off movies for many years to come, whilst preserving Mark, Carrie and Harrison for the ST movies and the 'end' of the saga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.