main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 1138, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1138

1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2001
    Can someone help me out?

I'm new to the expanded universe. What ever happened to Boba Fett? I've heard that he was saved from his RotJ apparent death, but what has become of him since?

2. Sjorensly

Sjorensly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    ok...lemme see if I remeber...

I believe that he was indeed saved by a rader special girl, I believe her name was Neelah, and I believe that he then ends up in some trouble with Prince Xizor and so on...

That's kinda the last I heard of him since...

Does this help you out ?

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Took care of Kuat of Kuat.

Got rid of Jodo Kast, a guy who had a Mandalorian Armor, and sometimes pretended he was him.

He teamed with Dengar more than once.

In Dark Empire, he tracked Han Solo once again.

He finally faced Han one last time years later when they pointed guns at each other face, and he then let him alone.

He appeared one last time during the Young Jedi Knight series.

And there's probably more, I'm sure others will tell you more.

4. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    He escaped the Saralac in Tales from Jabba's Palace: A Barve Like That...

Other Boba Fett short stories include Tales of the Bounty Hunters: Last One Standing (i highly recomend this one), and Tales of the Empire: No Disentegrations, Please......

He has also had several of his own comics including the Trade PaperBacks(the bound volumes of the comics): Enemy of the Empire(where he goes head to head against Darth Vader), Death Lies and Treachery(Combining the three interlinked stories of: Bounty on Bar-Kooda, When the Fat Lady Swings, and Murder Most Foul)...also there is Twin Engines of Destruction, where he faces off against his impersonator Jodo Cast(while originaly hard to find this short can now be found in the TPB of The Bounty Hunters which contains 3 other stories)...

Other appearances in the comics include cameos in Dark Empire and Dark Empire 2...
    i am ashamed to say that i may have missed some of the appearances...including YJK and the early Han Solo books whose titles elude me at this moment...

P.S. Contary to the nonsence being spread by Darth Ludicrous and his minions.....he did not appear (nor die) in the New Jedi Order book Vector prime...

5. Sjorensly

Oct 15, 2001
    hehe above this ^_^.....

instant library...... :p

6. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Apparently he teamed up with Dengar and pursued Solo in Dark Empire. First it was at Nar Shadaa, where the MF outran the Slave II. Then in the alleys of Nar Shadaa Fett tracked Solo down and almost killed Chewbacca, but Chewie tampered with his rocket pack and once again Fett's Achilles Heel (so to speak) nearly killed him. After Solo & Co. escaped Slave II pursued them and followed them to Byss. Over Byss, the Slave II smashed into the planetary shield and was disabled...

In Dark Empire II, Fett got the Slave I and once again chased Solo. In a head-to-head confrontation the Falcon got away with quite a bit of scratches while Slave I was more or less ok. Then Slave I continued to chase the Falcon and Solo had to fly through a green cloud to a long-lost planet. there he got some lightning guns, mounted them on the ship and when he came back out Fett was waiting for him. The lightning guns disabled Slave I and the ship went careening into the green cloud, never to be seen again...

7. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    oh yes...i forgot to mention......even more emphaticaly than my request that you ignore the DL Serpintal Mayor=Fett drivel i am warning you now......if you like Fett at all...

DO NOT READ THE bounty hunter wars......the bhw are horribly written and are an attempt at character assassination towards Fett......PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT ABOMINATION!!!

8. Sjorensly

Oct 15, 2001
    Wow...you were waiting for that question weren't you, Jastermereel ?

Hahaha...you are most likly saying "I'm finally usefull...."

hahah no hard feelings... :D

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Fell into the sarlacc 3 times before finally blowing it up to shreds.

10. Sjorensly

Oct 15, 2001
    ok.....
    where did you get that ?

I never knew that....which book is that in ?

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    first fell down in the movie.

Gets out in that one story in tales of books.

then BHW takes place.

later, he goes back to tatooine, He falls in again in marvel comic, jawa express, gets out with his jetpack.

but falls into it again at the end of the story.

He got out again, according to the DE Sb, and recovered for a year, then went back, and blew the sarlacc to pieces.

12. Sjorensly

Oct 15, 2001
    hahaha....I gotta check that out

13. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    you'd think after the first two times that he'd be more careful....

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    well, he was amnesiac after his second time, and had just gotten his mind back just as he and the jawa sandcrawler he was in fell in the 3rd time, thanks to han.

15. Sjorensly

Oct 15, 2001
    The Guy is kinda dumb, and they call him the smartest bounty hunter.....

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >later, he goes back to tatooine, He falls in again in marvel comic, jawa express,

Actually, I think that was "Jawas of Doom." "Jawa Express" was the one where Luke and Han commandeer a sandcawler.

TC

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, your right.

18. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Oh, yeah, and Boba Fett isn't "Jaster Mereel" that whole backstory was made up by Fett just to throw people off of the real truth.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The backstory "might" be real, but it was a alias that fett used at some point in his life, or maybe not.

Dan Wallace has said he will wait and see until after ep3 to see if it can all be strung together. He believes that it's always possible that it could be all incorporated at that later date.

20. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    i too, still hold that the Jaster Mereel name can actualy be used......perhaps after episdoe 3 (if he appears there)...he will still be poised at a proper age to join the Journeyman Protectors of Concord Dawn and then be kicked out in TotBH:LOS......i see it as a distinct possibility...so far i have yet to see any concrete reason as to discount this addition to the EU as a red herring of Fett's past......

Is it just me or do others here feel that it seems that many among us are overly eager to cut pieces of the EU out of the timeline......

And before someone else points it out...i will admit that i too am guilty of that as can be seen in my previous post about the bhw...

P.S. Sjorensly...it does indeed feel good to be able to rattle off such useless triva...however...i am past my prime...there once was a time where i knew not just more trivia but more of all the trivia to be known about Fett...and by heart too......now...i am not what i once was...

21. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >Ya, your right.

I'll treasure that statement forever, Valiento. ;)

TC

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Don't get smug, boy. It's normal for anyone to get names with similer sounding titles mixed up. You do yourself sometimes.

23. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Ya TC get off your high horse. ;)

24. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Trias- It's a Bantha, not a horse. :)

Listen up, old man, I bet you couldn't tell the difference between Tales of the Sith and Jedi vs. Jedi! :p I was just kidding, Valiento, that's why there was a " ;) " in there. :)

TC

25. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    so does anyone know if mathew trias and valiento are socks or not???

i can't decide!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.