main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett's death, just me that likes it?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Is it just me that like's Boba's death in Jedi? (I know he didn't die if your in the EU world)
    I like it. Lucas said something about it on the DVD commentary and seems like he would have liked to give him a bigger death now that he has a bigger role. (Added to ANH and his AOTC part)
    I like his death, why? It shows that someone can die simple and not some big going on with a bang death.
    Why is it if your in more than one movie or have key role you can't be killed simple or easy. Even hero's or great fights slip up at times are taken out easy.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I don't mind that he's killed simply or by accident. I hate that its played for laughs.

3. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I don't mind it anymore, although I used to. Fact is, in terms of the movies, Boba Fett is overrated. He's not some great warrior, he's just some guy who made a big reputation for himself by having a famous father and a powerful suit of armor.

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It's slapsticky, but Fett really was a minor character way back when. I didn't think twice about it until Fett became really popular back in the early 90's.

5. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    A lot of people, unfairly in my view, criticize Lucas for the way Boba Fett died, but seriously how was Lucas to know Fett, who was a very minor character at that point, would become such a popular character?

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I'm a Boba fan...and I've never had a problem with it. It just struck me as one of life's little ironies that you could be the most feared...most ruthless...best equipped butt-kicker in the galaxy, and still get killed by a freak accident.

What bothers me are all the idiots who say "Boba's a punk cuz he got killed by a blind guy with a stick."

For one thing...that "blind guy with a stick" just happened to be Han Solo. Solo isn't some random thug. And if you asked Solo about Boba's death...he'd probably "call it luck."

newwillorder...my avatar doesn't like your avatar. :p

7. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Is it just me that like's Boba's death in Jedi? (I know he didn't die if your in the EU world)
    I like it. Lucas said something about it on the DVD commentary and seems like he would have liked to give him a bigger death now that he has a bigger role. (Added to ANH and his AOTC part)
    I like his death, why? It shows that someone can die simple and not some big going on with a bang death.
    Why is it if your in more than one movie or have key role you can't be killed simple or easy. Even hero's or great fights slip up at times are taken out easy.

Well-spoken, FirstStarWars. Personally, I've always liked the scene anyway (come on... it IS kinda funny), but that was probably a much better reason/explanation than I could have given anyone. Good Job!!! :cool:

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, Lucas did say that he thought about showing Boba climbing out of the Sarlaac on the Director's Commentary for ROTJ...

9. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I agree with Devilanse. It just shows that not every great warrior dies a warrior's death. After all, Attilla the Hun died while getting drunk at a party.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

10. JK_Skywalker

JK_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    I liked it aswel, anyway what has Fett ever done that makes him so feared...i mean in ESB all he did was follow the falcon, it is not as if he overpowered Solo an co. and hand delievered them to Vader, he just followed them and reported it to the empire-Watto could have done that.
    And the fact that he died the way he did adds more menace to the Sarlaac- as in if Bobba Fett was killed by it, not a lot of people are safe from it then!!

11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    What I dont like is when people say the Fett is a bad guy or he hates the Rebels. I always seen Fett as a man for hire. If you have the money, he will work for you, no matter what side you are on.
    If Han hired him to get Vader, and paid well, I am sure he would have tried.

12. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    Boba Fett died...?? :confused:

13. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    All Boba Fett really did was look cool and take that one puny shot at Luke on Cloud City. Metroid heroine Samus Aran is infinitely cooler.

Yes, I had to drag Metroid into this discussion :p

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Boba's death was just okay in my opinion. Nothing great, especially knowing how such a great bounty hunter such as Boba died in such a puny state. I'd rather see him get shot down while hunting someone down as opposed to being thrown in the Sarlacc.

15. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Boba's death was appropriate; he was a poser who died like a poser.

However, I didn't like the part of RotJ where Vader slipped on that banana peel in his duel with Luke.

16. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Hey, man, the emperor was out to get on everyone's case. Including those damn environmental activist pansies that whine and moan like babies about him dumping toxic on their planets. That banana peel is just one more sign of his rebellion against their biodegradable recycling sentiments!

I liked Fett's death. It's nicely ironic. And deserving of somebody who, y'know, really didn't have that big of a role at a time. Hell, his role in AOTC isn't that big either.

17. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I have no problem with Boba's death. I know how popular of a character he is, but I've never really seen what was so special about him. I like him alright, but he just doesn't interest me that much. I like how his death was so fast and meaningless, just as what often happens to people.

18. Felvomatic

Felvomatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    I'm a huge Boba Fett fan, the death didn't bother me, it's just his scream, it sounds so gay, even Jar Jar and the Emperor have better screams.

P.S. Though I can easily say, no matter how cool you are, you are likely to scream when smashes face first in a barge then rolling inside a monsters mouth.

19. Jedi_Emilie

Jedi_Emilie Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2004
    It doesn't bother me, but I'm not really a big Boba Fett fan so I don't really care that much.
    Had I been a big fan I would probably have liked to see a more grand adieu, but (like some of you and GL himself has pointed out) GL didn't know that he would become such a popular guy. Had he known, maybe BF would still be alive and well.

20. Forceflow98

Forceflow98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    If he didn't know Boba Fett was going to be so popular then why did he make him so cool in ESB? (not being afraid of Vader & finding the Mellinium Falcon).

21. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Fett never really died. I'm not saying this because of the EU, but in the Unifying Force, which is OFFICIALLY approved by Lucasbooks, Fett makes an appearnce. So, if Lucas confirms that story, then that means Fett never died.

22. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    He died like the little punk he was [face_mischief]

23. STRIKE

STRIKE Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2004
    The character is nothing special, he died in a pathetic way, just like his father, Mace made him look a total fool, and killed him easy, just take a look at the stormtroopers (assuming that the majority are clones) they cant even shoot (though if they did, we'd have no story, as the characters would be dead) lol

"It shows that someone can die simple and not some big going on with a bang death"

I agree 100%

24. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    Jango's death was dissapointing in that it was unnecessary for him to go down there to the arena to fight Windu. He should have just let the droids take care of him and all the other jedi and stay there guarding Dooku.
    Unless Dooku "forced" him to go down there.
    And I'm sure the explanation from some people will be that he saw an opportunity to take out a jedi who dropped his saber. But he hesitated a half second when he got down there. He should have been firing on him on the way down.
    Plus there was no reaction from Boba.
    Why doesn't anyone duck when a lightsaber is coming at your neck?

Boba's "death". Yeah, kinda cheesy, but the movies are full of that, so it was no big deal. Though Boba should have taken care of his long time enemy, Han, while he could before dealing with Luke.

And, Tyrantus, I don't see how you think the Unifying Force is anymore official than the rest of the EU. All Star Wars product (comics, games, toys, etc.) are OFFICIALLY approved by Lucas' divisions. Including the novel TALES OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS which depicts Fett blowing up the sarlacc and being aided out of the desert by Dengar.

25. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm happy that it was Han that defeated Boba, even if it was reliant on a hefty dose of that old smuggler's luck. Someone else, like Luke or Chewie doing it, wouldn't have meant so much to me...

And I hope we won't get into an EU war here... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.