main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett's death, just me that likes it?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    In the next update of the films, Lucas should show Boba Fett being eaten, not just falling in. Have him bitten in half, or just take his head :D

2. gold6

gold6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    Well, all you Fett fans out there don't have to worry.Boba Fett isn't-IS NOT-dead.Dengar,when looking for the dead hutt's body,found Fett- who managed to blast is way through the sarllaces body -,and nursed him back to health.Yes,your wellcome.

3. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    I thought that it was a little funny that it was just an accident by Han, but still, Boba Fett was the man. But o'well.

4. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Ok this topic is all wrong because Boba Fett doesn't really die. And I'm not gonna get into it but if you are a real sw fan you know he doesn't die.

5. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    "In the next update of the films, Lucas should show Boba Fett being eaten, not just falling in. Have him bitten in half, or just take his head"

Until that happens, Boba isn't dead... Why is it so inconceivable that the most dangerous man in the galaxy could have crawled out of a big worm? Even discounting the EU, I think its totally possible that Fett could have survived, and its the interpretation that I take based on the movies alone...

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    ...and I'm not gonna get into it but if you are a real sw fan you know he doesn't die.

Excuse me, I am a real Star Wars fan, and I happen to think he's dead.

Not reading or caring about the EU doesn't make you less of a fan.

7. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    He probably just assumed that the EU is considered canon here & that the person who created this topic just didn't know about it.

8. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    don't cry people, if he didn't escape, he still lives longer than Han, Luke, Leia, Lando, Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan etc.

"Digested for 1000 years." He's still alive down their missing a leg when Luke kicks the bucket.

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    He probably just assumed that the EU is considered canon here & that the person who created this topic just didn't know about it.

Yeah, it's just the "real Star Wars fan" bit that gets me, I've been a fan since 1977, not 1991.

10. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Ok this topic is all wrong because Boba Fett doesn't really die. And I'm not gonna get into it but if you are a real sw fan you know he doesn't die.

Um...yeah. I think most of us have read the EU. I happen to have 40+ SW books in my room. This thread is operating inside movie reality. In the movie, Boba does not escape, thus he is dead.

And not all "real sw fans" regard the EU as canon.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

11. darth_rents

darth_rents Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    exactly right. in the EU novel, Tales from Jabba'a Palace, the story is that Fett stays alive in the sarlac (remember in ROTJ, 3PO makes it clear that digestion takes place of 1000 years)
    anyway Fett stays alive and fat ol Dengar gets him out.
    end of EU story.

12. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    im kinda annoyed how people think that boba fetts rep is cuz of jango..when it is THE OTHER WAY AROUND... i bet the only reason jango was even was created was cuz of boba fetts popularity...and for all those people who are like boba didnt do anything in the movies cept get "killed" by a blind guy while jango did so much more ITS ONLY CUZ BOBA BECAME FAMOUS AFTER THE MOVIES and so jango became more popular cuz of him so jango did more in the movies...

13. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    The problem is that Boba Fett became such a popular character after the OT and George Lucas himself has said that if he had known that Boba Fett would become so popular, he would have written a more fitting death scene.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen either Luke or Leia take him out. Either that or an angry Chewbacca defending Han.

14. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Even if Lucas would've liked it another way, I think it's really fine the way it is now. The way Boba just dies and the film sort of remains indifferent to him illustrates that he is just a pawn in the great game of chess that is Star Wars.
    Once we get to ROTJ, Boba is not important in the big picture.

15. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I like Boba's death. giving him a big, important death isn't necessary- he's a bounty hunter who kills for a living and that's how he should stay, IMO. Boba being accidently propelled into the sarlacc pit by Han who is mostly blind just adds to the sense of Han gets his revenge on Boba; I didn't think that it lessened Boba's skills as an assassin.

16. Son_of_Jango

Dec 30, 2004
    at first i really cared and hated his death...but then i heard of him being brought back and i read the bounty hunter wars books and all the other EU stuff of fett and now i dont really care at all about wut happend in ep 6 cuz really he didnt die at all

17. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I am fine with his death also.

18. Keyan_Farlander

Keyan_Farlander Jedi Master star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I always kind of liked it, actually.

19. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Boba's death is as good as his father's. It should be better and he should have lived longer. This is the guy who takes Han from us. Give him a more realistic and memorable death.

20. MandalorianKid

MandalorianKid Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    My theory/opinion is as it has been for the last 20 years. if ur favorite is luke, han, vader exe then u have every right to say boba wasent importint, good, exciting, whatever. ur in it for the MAIN dudes/storyline and thats cool. if ur favortie is say...... aalya secura, kit fisto,Ki-Adi then u have no place to speak. The EU is a whole nother story so don't bring it up when speaking of the films. I Do love the EU but it's diffirent. After the main characters Boba is right there. hell he got second billing after alec guinness. If u just plain out don't like him that to is more then respectable. but it is NOT possible to prove he is of little or no importance beacuse the screen don't lie. In other words if u don't like him just say "I DON'T LIKE HIM" don't try to prove anything cause you can't. I'll admit People like him cuase of his armor. That IS the mian reason. but after AOTC He now has a story. those who are sour over it are the ones who prior to the PT bashed and bashed and now have to live with the fact that without the fett family lots o' things may not have happened. get over it. it's official and it's FACT. I Loved the ARMOR in the days of old. NOW i love Boba Fett as a character. he is my favortie. Now whatever opinions WE ALL had are thrown out. he is a Tragic figure in the same light anakin is. As for his death it never bothered me untill AFTER epsidoe II. Now i think he should have survived. but i won't push it cause as i've been saying, theres no point. Jangos death was fine. It gace Boba alot of depth and reason for his cause. As for the unused dialogue i recall readin it before. My opinion is the same for that as well. Boba is confident. I won't start a morality war but Boba isn't shooting his mouth off which i guess could make him the bigger man. from that very dialouge it's han and lando who seem like there getting frusraited and are looseing there cool and confidence. they know there looseing and are getting angery. For one final statement in ALL our defenses, I think the next DVD release SHOULD include a final Conclusion to Boba. as noted i would like to see him survive but there should be a 100% answer. either have him get bitten in half or show his ass crawling out.Live or die i think we all want an answer. And theres my rant. The end...... for now.

21. Son_of_Jango

Dec 30, 2004
    uh huh... ok well i still say boba survives the sarlaac.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Boba's death is perfect, IMO. I mean, having Han come back and knock him to his death is the ultimate revenge for what Fett did to him in ESB. I say keep it as is.

23. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    If Boba was a total poser with his daddy' rep, the armor, and fake wookie scalps, then he was a great poser. He stood toe to toe with a sith lord and negotiated with him.

For that GL should have left out the bitch scream he emits while falling. But in the end it is all ok I guess.

24. SarahsXbassist

SarahsXbassist Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    I've always been a big Boba Fett fan (though I do readily admit that he's more attitude, armor and reputation than actual goods), and while I don't mind that he didn't get a "cool" death I hated his slapstick one in ROTJ. I would have been perfectly happy if he had gotten shot in the face by Han, Lando or one of Jabba's thugs on accident or if Chewie had ripped the jetpack off and thrown him into the sarlaac... hell, just had Chewie pound him to death, that would have been nice too. I just didn't like the lame-ass scream and such... too lame for so intriguing a character.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I normally would not have minded it...but he was taken out like a CHUMP!!!!!

that is what bothers me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.