main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett's death, just me that likes it?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
  2. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    EV Edit: Yes, this pink phase is probably just that, a phase. Anyways, Strike 1.

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Wanna take the dead/alive debate to the right thread you guys?

4. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Stephen King does this kind of thing in his stories from time-to-time and I think it's great. Sometimes a character who can do amazing things and can seemingly get out of the most insanely tricky situations can be foiled by a simple screw up or a series of accidents. That's just like life. We've all experienced something like that.

If every character in SW went out in a blaze of glory, it would start to get a little tiresome. I know Lucas didn't plan for that moment with this concept in mind, but it works out well in that regard. There's something almost satisfyingly ironic about a character that can fight his way through seemingly any foe being dispatched totally by accident. That it's Han who sends him on his way is even better.

I've seen some pretty snide comments about Fett's ending on this site and others and I disagree. I love the way Fett goes out. Quick, simple, almost humorous.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    If you want to discuss if Boba Fett died or not please take it to this Boba Fett Poll. Otherwise stay off anything relating to him being alive. For the intents and purposes of this thread BOBA FETT IS DEAD. Don't argue with me, I don't want 2 Fett debates. Thank you.

6. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    Boba has such a small role that the majority of movie goers have no idea who he is.

His name is mentioned on one occasion in ROTJ really really quickly.

It sounds like " Bobaf-ette "

7. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    E_V: But isn't this whole thread redundant if Boba Fett was still alive?

Anyway, his "fall" was rather silly. One of, if not the, least dignified death in the movie.

8. BOBERSON

BOBERSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    I agree, but ya know that Lucas just didn't care about Fett (didn't really think we should either).

I think it went like this:

"Hmmm...Well that suit looks pretty sweet."

"...uhhh...I don't know that mouth thing needs to eat someone noteworthy."

"He does have some cool guns and toys!"

"Well...it's better than Solo gettin' it."

Hey, Boba is SWEET, but Han or Chewie goin' down would have been very B-A-A-A-D!!!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.