main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett's loadout

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by da_muzzy, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    A quick question really. Boba's armor and ship were his father Jango's right? After Jango died in ep2 he just took them right?

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    The ship's the same. The armor is different.

3. da_muzzy

Jan 10, 2005
    Who does the armor belong to?

4. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I don't know for sure, but I believe the armor belongs to Jango's Mandalorian mentor Jaster Mereel, which is upposed to help account for some of the contradictory Fett backstories that name him as Mereel. I could be wrong about it, I haven't red any of the Boba Fett young adult novels, where I'm pretty sure it's all explained.

5. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    The armour was Jasters wasnt it? Or at least a set that was set aside for him. Far as I know Fett had several sets for himself. He might have had upwards of 4, but one was lost to the Sarlacc, one he suited up Zuckuss in for SOTE (comic edition for you readers), not sure if he ever got that back. So he must have had 3 before ROTJ. Then he got the one from Jodo Kast...

id have to go back and think about it harder, but thats my rough guess :)
    hes got a few :D

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Yea. The EU later fixed the whole Jaster controversy.

Boba also lost one of his helmets in Dark Empire when Chewie ripped it off his head.

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    The mareel armoue is just EU of course, nothing to say it wasn't just a spare of his dad's set or something.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In both the films and the EU, Boba has had multiple sets of armor (or armor components).

In the EU, when he's younger, Boba wears Jango's armor, which has been adjusted and repainted for him.

During the majority of his classic-era exploits, his usual armor is supposed to be the real Jaster Mereel's armor (which either Jango kept or Boba somehow acquired it while he used Jaster's name as an alias).

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The armour between ESB and RotJ does have differences, but I put this down to differences in the two film's art depts and "lost" props more than anything else.

10. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I don't know for sure, but I believe the armor belongs to Jango's Mandalorian mentor Jaster Mereel, which is upposed to help account for some of the contradictory Fett backstories that name him as Mereel.

Funny how Boba Fett was Jaster Mereel, until AOTC. Then the EU had to scurry around w/a quick retcon and now Jaster was just a guise Boba undertook. Hmmm,,,,

11. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    The only armor difference I noticed between ESB & ROTJ, was his arm bands (whateva they're called) are green in ESB & red in ROTJ, also in ESB, his jet pack is just plain green, in ROTJ its multicoloured, in ANH, he has ROTJ armor, so you can assume, he has two sets or repainted it, then repainted back the way he fiest had it.

-------------------------------------------------

EV Edit: Inappropriate. Strike 1.

12. MandalorianKid

MandalorianKid Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    I Guess the helmet may be the only thing he has. (Canon wise). I liked how they explained "the dent" with the reek trampeling jango. In the EU he still has jangos armor which was altered by his friend and her father to fit him. the the final book of the boba fett series boba finally paints the silver armor green while anakin is repiaring slave 1. this is right after boba saved anakins life.

13. jengafett

Oct 29, 2004
    I dont think the dent was caused by the reek, it was either caused by Jango's headbutt or Obi-Wan's kick because he has it when leaving Kamino after Obi-Wan's fight.

14. MandalorianKid

Oct 16, 2004
    Realy? I havent noticed that. Now i gots to go check :)

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I'd like to think that the helmet was the only original piece of Jango's armor.

16. MandalorianKid

Oct 16, 2004
    Jengafett seems to be correct. i was going by the early 2002 hasbro reports stateing that jangos helmet was dented by the reek. (Final battle)jango fett has was the first figure to have the dent and also had a removable head. I think it's even cool now that obi did it. now even thow they never meet in the OT theres still a connection between them that is canon.

Now i have a new question. maces saber severed the tip of jangos warhead. why didnt it explode?

17. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    I dont believe that jetpack had a missile on it did it? If you play Bounty Hunter on the consoles, That smaller jet pack is the first one you use in the game, and never has any weapons on it.

Of course I could be wrong.

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    ....because he has it when leaving Kamino after Obi-Wan's fight.

Maybe he got it when he bumped his head on the door of Slave 1.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'd say it was probably from the door on Slave 1 clonking him in the head.

There are some other differences in the armor sets beyond those mentioned (dents, knicks and paint schemes, etc), but enough to safely say Fett had at least some different components. There's supposed to be further armor variances with the armor set used for most publicity photots and the one used for the Specail Edition footage.

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, keep in mind Lucas makes these films for the broader public, not just us nitpicky fanboys.

the various art dept ppl who've worked on these films would have biult the cotumes to as near as they could get it in reference to previously filmed material, they may not have worried about the exact placemenmt of each scratch and nick.

21. da_muzzy

Jan 10, 2005
    So, what book from the EU can I find where he got his armor and all that? Basically, in what books can I learn more about Boba?

22. jengafett

Oct 29, 2004
    He didn't get it bumoing his head, when Obi-Wan is hanging on the rope and Jango releases it, he has the dent then, before he bashed his head.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>So, what book from the EU can I find where he got his armor and all that? Basically, in what books can I learn more about Boba?<<

A lot of it appears in reference material (such as the *awesome* History of the Mandalorians article in the recent SW Insider magazine) but here's a few sources I recall offhand:

-Bounty Hunter (a video game that goes into how Jango was selected by Dooku to be the Clone army template)
    -Jango Fett: Open Seasons (an excellent comic series that ties into the Bounty Hunter video game, goes into Jango's life story- you get to see a little of the real Jaster Mereel, etc)
    -Boba Fett #1-6 (a young readers series set during the Clone Wars; though aimed at a lower reading level, the first few books are decent and darker than one might imagine...kinda falls apart in the last book though; anyways here Boba starts working towards being a bounty hunter, gets Jango's armor adjusted, confronts Mace Windu, etc).
    -The Han Solo Trilogy (though focusing on Han's life story leading up to ANH, Boba Fett shows up a bit in the second and third novels)
    -Shadows of the Empire (the comic version shows the ordeal Fett goes through to get Solo delivered to Jabbas)
    -Tales From Jabba's Palace & Tales of the Bounty Hunters (two anthology novel collections of short stories, each contains a story about Fett- including his escape from the sarlacc - and others were he makes a cameo)
    -The Bounty Hunters (comic collection which includes Twin Engines of Destruction, where Fett goes after Jodo Kast, another bounty hunter who has been impersonating him)
    -Dark Empire & Dark Empire II (Fett goes after Solo again)

There's also the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy which is supposed to be heavy on the Fett action as well, though it gets mixed reviews usually.

Also, there's a couple other comics that have some fun Fett action (though don't necessarily advance his character arc much):
    -Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire (Fett vs Vader)
    -Empire: Betrayal (small role by Fett towards the end)
    -Boba Fett: Death, Lies & Treachery (three side missions by Fett)

That's all the ones I can emember offhand beyond a few titles where he made a cameo or two (like in The Unifying Force).

For an overall history of the character, there's the New Essential Guide to Characters, which summarizes Fett's life as of AOTC's release in 2002, and, likely, a bit to b included in the firthcoming New Essential Chronology hitting later this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.