main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett's son?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Does he have one? I've heard it mentioned in places that he does, either in place of, or in addition to, Ailyn Fett-Vel.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Like endless male Dark Lords and Sith, I know just where they can stuff their bigoted male Mando. I want more females in SW, yes, I said that icky word, females.

That means, female Dark Lords. Female Mandos. Female mercs and pirates and droids and female non-Twi'lek aliens on games. Possibly a few fat ones, too, there's only so much beauty you can take. A female Fett is just what we need; hey, maybe even dark skinned as a bonus. Male whites are predominant in this superficial series, you have to admit, lets not mince words.

How about alien Mandos, or is that descrimination in SW?

Can't say I'm adverse to more female aliens, actually, can't say I am. What can you dow ith mere humans? A pair of arms and legs, they're so limited.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He does not have a son- when the cocnept of him having a child was first introduced, the gender of the child was not established. So, people speculated it could be his son. We later found out it was a daughter- Ailyn.

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Boba Fett has alien Mandalorians-in-training with him at Caluula.

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Once again, I marvel at Excellence's ability to write multiple paragraphs of text, yet say absolutely nothing.

=D=

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I understood what he was saying. :D

E_S

7. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    If every species can have a Jedi, why doesn't every species have a Mando? ;)

Yea, it probably wouldn't be that great of an idea...

8. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    I've got it.

Boba's successor - Mandalore the BOMBAD

Praise the mighty Gungan Mandalorian!

9. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    The amazing thing is...so did I.

And, remember, the first Mandalorians were aliens. It was they who accepted humans among their numbers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As far as Boba having a son, I agree, it was all a bunch of speculation until it was finally revealed that Boba didn't have a son, but rather, a daughter...the previously mentioned Ailyn Vel.

As an aside, I remember back in the day when folks were still wondering if it was possible that Boba was a woman. And, this was long before the whole "I'm Boba Fett. No, wait...I'm really Ailyn Vel!" rigamarole.

10. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Considering the quite heavy emphasis seemingly placed on strong and stable family life in Mandalorian culture, I rather doubt that you'll get your wish anytime soon.

We know that Mandalorian culture appeals to only a very few races. Humans make up the vast majority of them (and no, I highly doubt that the Calibop mentioned in TUF was one of Boba's boys).

Could there be a female Mandalore? A warlady? I suppose so, that might possibly be an interesting possibility to explore, but Boba Fett exemplifies certain male characteristics taken to their extremes, and yes I employed that most highly contentious word in our culture, such as it is, male. A female Mando character ought to be an original creation, with her own unigue personality, not a Fett clone with two X chromosomes

11. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    That seems pretty stupid, considering that he was played by Jeremy Bulloch and voiced by another male actor.

12. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Well, yes...but it didn't keep folks from perpetuating the "Boba Fett is a woman"-theory years ago.

If you'll remember, years after the Star Wars trilogy came out, an armor-clad female bounty hunter was the star of the "Metroid" video games. Even though "Metroid" is not related to Star Wars, I think that's where the whole "Well, if that character can be a girl, is it possible Boba Fett is a girl?"-theory started...

13. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    lol...Excellence that was amazing :p

14. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Indeed! One of the finest off topic posts I've ever read =D=

15. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I'm inclined to disagree. I innocently requested answers regarding whether it was ever verified Boba Fett had a son, not a four-minute rant on "speciesism" and the role of the male human in Mandalorian society, but then I suppose the knee-jerk comes more readily to some than others.o_O

*yawn*

16. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Well, Bousch had a manly voice, and we saw who "he" really was. If not for AOTC, Boba could very well have been a female.

BTW, I like the Metroid example.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Even though "Metroid" is not related to Star Wars, I think that's where the whole "Well, if that character can be a girl, is it possible Boba Fett is a girl?"-theory started...<<

Well, the girl theory was first suggested in the YJK books apparently, thus why they went that route with his offspring.

18. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    One thing I don't understand is that if Ailyn's father was Boba Fett, a relatively dark-skinned man, and her mother was a Kiffar - who I'm assuming, based on Quinlan (possibly wrongly), have dark-tinted skin also - how did Ailyn end up with skin that looks like she's an albino?

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Not at all. Sex differences are not limited to facial features or what respective parts contribute to the reproductive process.

For a gravel-voiced alien, I always though Boush sounded very feminine, and her stature, body language, cut of the costume etc, all contribute to the overall (correct) impression that whoever's in that suit is female.

20. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Bah! You've seen one bug-eyed, tentacled thing, you've seen 'em all.

21. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    A more than likely exp[laination is that she wears the mandalorian armour a lot, which copvers her skin and she loses pigment from a lack of sunlight... I'm really stretching it though. And I've never seen a pic of Ailyn. Can somebody maybe post it in this thread?

And to excellent's post about wanting female mandalorians; According to various sources in the EU, a large chunk of the mandalorians during jango's time were female, even though we really didn't see any in the "Open seasons" comic book. My theory is that they left the men to do the gruntwork and they did the less acknowledgable jobs. In my opinion, I bet the females briefed grunts for their missions, did covert-ops missions themselves, were mechanics, provided heavy firepower from space, and were pilots. Although it would be awesome to have more mandalorian females who were major characters in something.

22. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I'm quite serious. It's endless male Dark Lords and endless male Mandos. Something needs to be done about that.

I'm not counting Kreia, because none of The Sith Lord trio were actual Dark Lords but just dark lords of their own.

And topaz droids, protocol-class. I mean, come on, lets see soemthing different after 50 book, mmm? ;)

23. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    Well... if Palpatine can have a three eyed son I suppose there´s nothing wrong with Aylin being Boba´s daughter :p

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Quite right. You should give up reading the books and watching the films. That's exactly what needs to be done.o_O

25. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.