main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary BobaJay?s Star Wars Marathon

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    BobaJay?s Star Wars Marathon:

That?s right yet another BobaJay event this one happening on July 15th at Jay?s house start time will be 6:00PM. This will be a Star Wars marathon featuring all 6 movies so bring your pillows, blankets, PJ?s cause this is going to be a ALL NIGHTER. Jay will be ordering Chinese food so food should be covered but feel free to bring your own movie snacks or other party favors. Since stampede will be wrapping up their will be fireworks that night that we?ll be able to watch from Jay upstairs patio. Once the marathon is done it should be breakfast time so that means McGriddle time. So if you like Star Wars then Jay?s will be the place to be on July 15th for a day long remembered.

When: July 15th
    Where: BobaJay?s House
    Start Time: 6:00pm
    End Time: When movies are finished.
    BYOS- bring your own snacks.
    BYOB- bring your own pop/ adult pop.
    FOOD ? Chinese will be provided but feel free to bring something.

See everyone there should be another great get together if you need more information please contact BobaJay.

Dooks

2. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Sounds like fun and should be a blast! I have always wanted to do a group marathon. ...Can't wait![face_dancing]

3. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    i'll be there to cause trouble

4. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Might be a great way to end my vacation as I'm not going anywhere. Might be a little late (oh well...I'll only be missing TPM) but in time for the rest of the action! Count me in![face_dancing]

winbrant

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'll be there too, Jay! However I don't think it fair that you shoulder the cost of food for everyone. I'm more than willing to chip in. I'm sure everyone could afford to contribute at least $5 or $10 bucks for food...o_O

6. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Dooks,
    Are pants optional again this time?!?[face_thinking]

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Always especially at a BobaJay event.

8. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Not to be forgotten at the end of this monumentous occasion will be the always-spectacular McGriddle run!

Ahhh, the McGriddle. The ultimate reward for those of us that simply refuse to get up in the morning. When you've just watched 3 straight episodes of 'Saved By The Bell' on TBS and it's 5am, it's that sweet, succulent prize that forces you to watch another 60 minutes of Kelly Kapowski before getting your lazy ass off the couch. It's not breakfast, it's that elusive secret 4th meal that can only be found after staying up all night.

Ahhh, the McGriddle. The beautiful bastard child of overindulgence and mass consumerism. An idea so deliciously radical, it is a truly humbling experience knowing that you couldn't possibly have conceived of it. A concept so raw it defies and redefines the natural order of everything. If Leonardo DiVinci were to take Madonna out on a date, they would end the night with a McGriddle run.

Eat a piece of history tomorrow. To learn more about the McGriddle, click here.

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    I don't know which I'm excited about the marathon or the mcgriddle.

10. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The McGiddle is very tasty indeed. Do you know why? Pure poison.

The thing has 450 Calories! With 80% of your daily Cholesterol and 1270mg of Sodium this hedonistic sandwich is a heart-attack wrapped in paper.

I'll split one with someone ;)

11. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    This could very well be my first appearance for an official get together...and what better way than with a Stampede salute AND a Double Trilogy Marathon at the well known Boba Jay's Lair. It is locked and loaded into my calendar as a MUST DO event!

NOT so sure about the cuisine. Maybe bacon wrapped butter glazed deep fried Bantha burgers is the right way to go.

12. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Hmm. . .I'm in for sure, but perhaps we could get together beforehand, some of us, and make a run for caffienated sodas and energy drinks (I'm curious about trying this Bawls stuff I hear so much about, and not just for the pun-factor. ;)). Anybody interested? I may also bring my rpg books and start tempting folks to play. . .[face_devil]

~Dooks the Elder.

13. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    You know it! A recent propaganda film labeled it Ronald's PHATTEST sandwich, and if that's not an endorsement I don't know what is...

Double-Trilogy Marathon. McGriddles. You can't resist!!!

14. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    star wars fans are crazy!?

15. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    Everybody's crazy but me. 8-}

16. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Jay has asked that if you are staying for the entire marathon that it is adults only. Sorry no kids for the whole thing please as this will be all night but if you want to attend with kids for alittle while that's cool but again adults for the rest of the night.

17. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    DtE mentioned RPG books... Is anyone planning on bringing any games to play as well? Wouldn't be a bad idea.

18. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Star Wars CCG anyone?.

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I've got SW Trivial Pursuit, Battleship, and a whole slew of other games. When will we have time to play though?! Don't you dare say 'through the boring parts'??! THERE ARE NO BORING PARTS!!!!

20. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    The count down starts only 4 days until another BobaJay spectacular man I can't wait to watch Phantom Menace.

21. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1] Yeah! Can't wait! I have the star wars game of life..then we don't need to tie up the TV screen like the trivia would.

22. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm always up for some SWCCG! I've never played Star Wars Life, only lived it. Does anyone have Epic Duels or Clone Wars Risk?

Echo, I'd never say there are boring parts, it's just fun to watch 'n play!

23. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    I've got Clone Wars Risk and I'll agree with Neil only lived Star Wars never played the game.

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm pretty sure I've got Epic Duels. Will check the 'stash' tonight to be sure.

25. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    When your watchin the films and doing other things, we should KNOW what part its at. So playin games should, in theory, work out well.
    I can bring Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. Also have tonnes of CCG cards. I'll bring my goods just in case.
    As this will be my first event...should I expect a rooking...and do I need to bring anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.