main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary BobaJay?s Star Wars Marathon

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Dooks/Echo: Clone Risk and Epic Duels are awesome, bring them!

Jeedai9: Bring whatever you like! Snacks are good, non-dvd Trivial Pursuit, and your appitite for the McGriddle run.

I'll bring my D*2 Starters, maybe something else as well...

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It's shaping up to be a hell of a good time.

3. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Hey gang,

I was gonna bring over my copy of the Star Wars D20 RPG that Wizards put out a while back. I was also thinking of bringing:

-Buffy The Vampire Slayer Core Rulebook.

-Seventh Sea (Pirates! Yarrr!)

-Fading Suns (Star Wars meets Dune by way of Firefly with a hint of Trek/B5)

-Mutants & Masterminds (For the cape and tights crowd)

And. . .of course. . .

-ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN - The Roleplaying Game of Zombie Survival Horror.

Heh heh heh heh -heeeee- heh. . .[face_devil]

~DtE.

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, it looks like I may be able to make it to this after all!!!!

I'll be needing an address and some directions, please. PM or email is fine.

5. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Kris (hope I spelled that right) if you want to meet at the store you can follow my brother and I to Jay's as I will be closing at 5pm on Saturday.

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Sure, that sounds like a plan!

(Yes, you got it right.) ;)

7. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Ex-wife had a shift change (still not home and it's almost midnight)and made a last minute round-trip with my mom and the kids today to Ponoka to see my dad.

I'm beatI-) . Woulda tried to make it but getting the kids to bed almost put me to bed...waiting for the ex to get here just started wearing me out.

Hope you all had fun and hope to see you all soon. Knowing my luck I'll crash for 2 hours and then can't get back to sleep (like last night!)...then you might indeed come by and see who's still up.

winbrant

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm sad to say Veritate and I only made it until the Rancor. A good effort for sure but only this side of Herculean.

Big Thanks to Neil for Breakfast!

9. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    No shame in that Doc, you made it longer than me and Dooks the Younger. Still and all it was an incredibly fun time, a lot of enjoyable company and good conversation punctuated by the movies we all love, though perhaps next time we could push the kick-off date back a bit furth (like 2, 3pm in the afternoon) and we could have the movies in the background while we all josh and have some fun.

While the portions I was unconscious for I cannot comment upon( ;) ) I have to say the experiment was a rousing success. Looking forward to next time. :)

~DtE.

10. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome time asusual would have loved to make it to the end but what can you do. Great to see everyone and to meet some of the new faces, to bad we didn't get in any gaming maybe we'll have to have a games night next, and thanks to Neil for breakfast even though I will never have a McGriddle again in my life.
    Again thanks goes out to BobaJay for having it and everyone for attending hope you all had fun.

11. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Much thanks to Jay for an awesome good time!

Sorry I had to leave early, but I was doing the ol' "head nod" and was ready for beddy-byes!

Just can't seem to keep up with all you younglings!

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL - I was wondering how long it would be before the first comments starting rolling in. I made it home (Banff) by about 0630hrs. The last 20 minutes were getting REALLY tough, though.

It was a great time. I REALLY want to be able to stick around for the whole event next time. Pizza and ice cream would be an awesome combo! This was my first movie-thon, and now I have some ideas for next time: such as a much larger stash of beverages.

Yes, an earlier start time would definately be the best way to go.

13. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Next time would be fun, though I daresay we could have a different theme than Star Wars (don't hit me.[face_worried]) . I've got the entire first series of the new Doctor Who on DVD, it'd make for some fun material to watch with friends. Also, the first season of the Tick animated DVD series might also make for a fun theme to base a get-together around. The sky's the limit really; half the fun of the whole event is mingling with the people, not the media. Though the media is fun he hastened to add. :)

~DtE.

14. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    18 hours of Star Wars. McGriddles. 4 hours of sleep, then having your 7th place team knock off the number 2 seed to advance to the semis. Next weekend's gonna suck in comparison :)

Thanks again to Jay for his hospitality! It was a wicked time, close to 20 of us to start, 5 left at the end, and I'm the only one who didn't sleep a wink ;)

15. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    That. Was. Awesome.

Definitely, next time, I should either nap before hand, or we should start at 1:00 pm or both. (...and not take so long for a fireworks intermission) :D I started my Saturday at 7:30 am, and stayed up till 7:30 am Sunday. I think that was the end of ANH. Slept through most of Empire. Could only stay until the Rancor, and then realized that the floor looked SOOOO comfy & inviting... and that was my cue to head out.

I had a blast, and I think it's fair to say that's mostly due to the company, rather than the movies, though, as StacyD pointed out, the movies are good to have too!

Unforgetable. Yee-haw!

16. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay - now that I'm coherent and have caught up on my sleep...=P~ I-)

FANTASTIC DAY!! Big THANKS to Boba Jay for hosting yet another fun-filled event. Great turnout too! Even though I faded during most of ANH and parts of ESB, I was WIDE AWAKE for RoTJ. Props to Neil for being the ONLY one to stay awake the entire time - and for buying us breakfast :D Thanks man! I'm glad I only had the sausage McMuffin though -after seeing what the dreaded McGriddle did to poor Dooks, I don't think I'll EVER be tempted to try one [face_sick]

Jay is planning on hosting another mini marathon, come September, when the original ORIGINAL trilogy is released. And with an earlier start time [face_hypnotized]

I'd be up for an LOTR or Harry Potter marathon too. I'd even host one (have a little more room than Jay). But I'd DEFINITELY start it earlier, like at 10 am!

For those of you who couldn't make the party, I still have a few official 'Tosche Station' decals (for your car/home/bike/whatever). If you'd like one, PM me :-B

17. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    :cool: The marathon was great! Too bad I couldn't last past five. Guess next time I need to sleep more beforehand. I agree that we should start the marathon earlier next time. Congrats to those who lasted the whole time.

18. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Rar... I smack myself for not checking these boards for so long.

19. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    I thought of another cool theme: Dark Horse Day!

Conan the Barbarian
    The Terminator
    Predator
    Aliens
    Robocop
    Sin City

It's gotta happen!

20. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Neil that is an awesome idea it must be done.

21. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    So, avoid the McGriddles? Sounds like you all had a great time:( Next time i'm in for sure!

22. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    Thanks Boba Jay for your gracious hospitality!
    It was great to put some faces to the names finally. Wish I coulda lasted like the rest of you who did. Although from what it sounds like what happen to Dooks, MCGriddles don't sound very hot. Give me Blue milk any day.
    I believe an earlier marathon of any sort, would be a great idea. Games night will happen I am sure, so count me in.

Obi Wan was very right...."You've just taken your first step into a larger world"

23. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Yowza Neil, let's just call that lineup Badass Mofo Theatre and leave it at that huh? Might make for a super-fun time, though the testosterone might get a little thick. ;)

~DtE.

24. Kosmic

Kosmic Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    If I can ever make one of these things, I have not only the first season of Doctor Who, but the second season as well (just need to burn it, though a TV with S-video input would do in a pinch so far as Lappy is concerned. :)

25. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    I have to say I had a great time at the marathon, even if I didn?t make it to the promised breakfast of Mcgriddles.

Another one sounds like fun, but yes an earlier start would be nice.

And for the sake of my sanity no I will not watch a marathon of second season Dr. Who, way way too traumatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.