bobajay's 30th anniversary SW BBQ party!

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by bobajay, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobajay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well all you Star Wars fans....just three weeks to go until the biggest party ever in LA! So I thought I would kick it off early...the party will be on May 20th and starts at 10:00 AM with the "Phantom Menace" and going straight through in order until the "Return of the Jedi".

We will have the BBQ going...this is a potluck so bring your own meat or any other food you would like. This party is BYOB. R2-D2 will supply ice again and veggie, fruit and cheese plates will be on hand. So bring your favorite dish and prepare for an awsome day!

We'll have games to play like Star Wars Lego etc. and kids tv shows.

If you need directions please PM me.:D[face_dancing][face_peace]
  2. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    As usual, I will be there, my friend. My holidays start on the 20th, so it's the perfect way to begin.

ps: will there be Mac and Cheese?
  3. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    This will be fun, as usual. [face_monkey][face_clown][face_monkey]
  4. Griffin_Firetail Jedi Padawan

if you dont mind having a noob there bobajay i could bring my clone wars dvds and d20 books haha. i dont have all of them due to lack of funds but i have enough to start a small pickup game for those interested in learning the d20 system.
  5. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is a Calgary Fan Force members party, (meaning you have at least attended a couple of meetings)You need to have registered with our fan force and have attended at least a couple of meetings. If you have any questions please PM our chapter rep Ryan PreludeRM.

If you would like to be a member go into our members area and click on form and follow the instructions.
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    In the meantime Griffin, if you feel like meeting some FF members, a few of us will be at the Olympic Oval on saturday for a 501st event that the FF is invited to. It's the Family Fun Fair, and it runs for most of the day I think. If you show up around noon, that would be your best bet to meet a few of us.
  7. AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Knight

Umm.... and I still too new to come to this? Because I definitely want to!
  8. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    You've been to enough events Garrett. The March and April meetings, costume making with Sarah and I, and the CCEE got you covered.
  9. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I suppose I qualify to then, correct? If I come, it would also be a good time for me to make Bobajay's tape Fett that he wants.
  10. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Peter - I quite certain you could come. Though.....hmmmm......there might be alcohol....so, someone else may have to speak regarding that.

It would be cool to have a time-lapse video of you making a tape sculpture.
  11. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I actualy have some video of the Maul sculpture in progress, although there isn't enough for a time-lapse video. I doubt the alcohol will be a problem, I don't drink (unlike some people my age, unfortunatly) and I don't have any plans to start for quite a few years.
  12. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_dancing] Aylaismywife and tapetrooper you guys are more than welcome as the group knows you. Tapetrooper don't worry about the alcohol issue...most won't be drinking and there will be kids there anyway.

The council has that rule in place for those we don't know as we have had three incidents in the past with drop in people who have caused problems.
  13. AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Knight

Oh NICE. I'm super stoked for this!!! So it's basically an all-day thing? And we're gonna just submerge ourselves in Star Wars love??
  14. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
  15. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_alien_1] Yep...its an all day party! It is always a blast.
  16. vonScott Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd like to tag along too.

Since it's also a Rocky weekend for me, I'll bring the frankfurters. :)

Dale
  17. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    Rocky!! Brad!! Dr. Scott!! Janet!! ...
  18. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    The long range weather forecast is calling for rain and a high of 13 degrees for Sunday.

Hopefully that changes....
  19. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Now they're saying 15 and cloudy - yay!!
  20. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for the great party, Jay. I got my fill of Mac $ Cheese! The place looks great!
  21. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Jay and Nicole for your hospitality!! The apartment looks great too :)
  22. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Jay and Nicole you guys rock and the place looks awesome.
  23. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you for the great time yesterday Jay. It was kandosii!
  24. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was indeed quite the shindig. The addition of Nicole's stuff adds a really nice touch. Thanks again for hosting it guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.