main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's armor during the "young" series (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Mandalorian_, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I've read the entire Young Boba Fett series a long time ago and one thing i've always been fuzzy on is the last book cover of the book (i believe) is called "Pursuit" where it shows Boba Fett armor as we know it. I know Jango had armor left over for Boba and that he also had his fathers helmet. Can someone explain to me just what was going on throughout the series and what was up with Boba's armor? I read somewhere that he was given armor handed down by Jaster Mereel as well, but i dont remember anything being mentioned about Jaster Mereel in that entire series.

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm not exactly sure on the source of Boba wearing Jaster's armor, but the real-world reasoning behind it most likely springs from the whole "Boba Fett's real name is Jaster Mereel" thing from before 2002.

3. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    I'd say that a lot of things are wrong with the Young Boba Fett series. Even though it's technically canon, I don't really think of it as such, first for the obvious reason that it's hard to imagine a Boba so young being so young and inexperienced while taking on such dangerous individuals as Durge, Aurra Sing, and General Grievous, and there is no way in hell he could have stood a chance against Mace Windu. The best thing about the series, I thought, was that it connected with the Clone Wars videogame (Cydon Prax, Raxus Prime, etc.).

I think the series would have been tons better if Jabba took Boba under his wing (or whatever you want to call it) out of a favor from Jango. In the videogame Bounty Hunter, Jango is after the Bando Gora, who happen to be connected to Jabba's rival Gardulla. Jabba tells Jango that he'd consider it a favor if Jango killed Gardulla in the process. It was have made perfect sense if Jabba expected kid Boba because of the unpaid favor of Gardulla's death, but never mention it. Damn.

I don't know anything about the armor (Jaster's or no) but since the series had Grievous attack what he thought to be Durge (who never strayed from Separatist loyalties) and also misinterpreted when Boba was supposed to first encounter Han Solo on Jubil-whatever, I wouldn't really expect the books to keep the armor's story straight.

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    To be fair, Grievy probably knew that Durge was already dead at the time.

5. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    True. Obsession and the last Boba books did take place at the same time, more or less. GG's reaction to Durge's presence just doesn't seem to fit, though.

6. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    NEGTC states Boba used Jaster's armor, along with Jango's.

...which is odd, since Jaster's armor had a huge freakin hole in it, where the old guy had been shot by Vizsla.

7. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    ah so it makes sense. i know Jango said he had a suit left over for Boba so that must have been where the ROTJand ESB pieces come from.

8. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Jaster's could have been repaired by that guy Boba goes too, and in the same tales story Boba uses Jango's armor, mentioning that it wasnt as good as Jaster's.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I agree that having Boba confronting so much at such a young age, being a great bounty hunter as a child and young teenager, is ridiculous. Part of the reason is, I believe, that Jango Fett didn't need to exist. Boba Fett was considered the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy. I always assumed that, by ESB, he was on the old side of middle aged anyway, instead of twenty-something.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Actually, he'd be about 35 in TESB.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    You're right, my mistake. Anyway, as a kid I always figured he was grizzled and pushing fifty like all the other bounty hunters on the Executor.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I never really figured that. 35 is old enough to have built up a reputation as the top hunter.

13. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Odd, like Havac. I always figured him to be the same age as Han - around thirties, or so.

14. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    The Boba Fett series never should have happened. It would've made far more sense and meshed alot better had Fett gone to ground, made his way to Concord Dawn, built a life for himself under the alias of his father's mentor, married and had a kid, and then started his bounty hunting career after being exiled as in Last Man Standing.

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

So, like, does this armour grow as he does? How could his wifeless spouse's adult-class suit fit that kid?

16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Odd, as a kid I felt that he was the new up and coming talent, probably in his early twenties. I considered him to be naturally gifted, young, and strong. The Idea of 50 year old bounty hunters seemed crazy when I was young. It seemed to be a profession that is dominated by youth - Many bounty hunters don't live to an old age (The nature of the trade) and those that do earn their money and get out to enjoy their money before they die. ;)

Carnage

17. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The questions almost been answered in this thread already. Jango had armour made for Boba already - which probably wasn't full size. When he continued to grow and had grown out of the Jango-type armour, perhaps he shifted to the Jaster Mereel armour, had it repaired and grew into that.

18. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Mmmm . . . The last two young Boba Fett books definitely take place before "Obsession", and possibly even before "The Dreadnaughts of Rendili."

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    You sure? I thought I saw Leland place Xagobah after Boz Pity somewhere on TOS. [face_thinking]

20. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    Well, Ventress is in "Pursuit." Anakin saves Boba from her attack after Boba leaves Xagobah toward the beginning of the book. That pretty much puts it before "Rendili."

21. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Am I the only one here who remembers that during that part in the series where he meets Anakin, Boba decides to repaint his fathers armor while he's making repairs to it????
    I assume he was painting it the green and grey colors we know.
    And I don't think it was such a stretch for him to confront all those super villians. It's not like he fought and defeated any of them. He just managed to evade them.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It's possible he kept the armor and just bought new jumpsuits to wear underneath it as he grew. I don't think the hard parts of the armor would have needed to grow so much. Isn't he, like, 14 or so by the end of the series? (I haven't read the last few books.) He could be big enough by then that the actual armor itself needn't grown flex too much...I guess...

23. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    Yes, I remember that too. Boba repaints Jango's armor while Anakin is repairing Slave 1 near the beginning of "Pursuit" after Anakin rescues him from Ventress.

24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Anyone know when he repainted Slave 1 to match his repainted armor?

25. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    So, then it should be Jaster´s armor that gets destroyed in the Sarlacc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.