main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's armor during the "young" series (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Mandalorian_, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Well, to make the Bounty Hunter Wars make since he has to take the Slave over to Kuat Drive yards for some major upgrades. So major that he considers them as the designers of his ship. Maybe they'll paint it too, while they're at it.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    If all he does is evade them I'd say it's passable but from what I've heard Boba stabs Mace with a vibro blade which really just doesn't make sense. If Boba got any hit on Mace I'd think it'd have been a long range dart or something as a 14 year old bounty hunter, even Boba being good enough to stab the second most powerful Jedi on the Council seems just off.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Well, Ventress is in "Pursuit." Anakin saves Boba from her attack after Boba leaves Xagobah toward the beginning of the book. That pretty much puts it before "Rendili." <<<

Currently, "Ventress'" appearance in Pursuit is widely thought of as a continuity error.

Xagobah is ~2.6 years ABG, which makes it 26 months (10-month calendar) or 31.2 months (12-month calendar) ABG. Now, Obsession is 5 months before RotS (see issue 1), making it 25 months (10-month calendar) or 31 months (12-month calendar) ABG, because RotS is almost exactly 3 years ABG. Either way, Xagobah happens after Obsession, though not by much.

... I think. [face_thinking]

4. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    About Ventress' appearance: I wouldn't take that all too seriously anyway, considering the other stated points of flaky continuity. I think that even if all Boba is doing is evading these villains and Mace Windu, it still isn't very believable when you size it up to what these villains have done in other sources, even if you don't count the showoffy-but-still-pretty-cool cartoon.

Plus I think the last book had a cameo of Elan "Sleazebaggano" which was most outrageous; for one because his name is horribly unbelievable and horribly unoriginal, for two because Obi-Wan mind-tricked Elan into turning his life around, although it was just a petty mind-trick that someone could have slapped him out of.

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    The online webstrip Evasive Action shows that Sleaze-boy did in fact turn his life around. Retcons may be needed...

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Wasn't his real name Sel'sabaggano?

Anyways, the young Boba Fett series was a pile of disjointed crap. Better to just abandon it, but noooo, everything's canon these days...

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >So, like, does this armour grow as he does? How could his wifeless spouse's adult-class suit fit that kid?<

It was explained in book #5 that Boba's friends (their names escape me) in Jabba's palace altered Jango's armor so Boba could wear it, and that he had grown quite a lot anyway. Boba takes only the helmet from the armor in the first book, leaving the rest hidden on Geonosis, so it was three years before he even tried wearing the armor anyway. Oddly enough, though, the series never explains how Boba got the suit back from Geonosis in the first place.

>If all he does is evade them I'd say it's passable but from what I've heard Boba stabs Mace with a vibro blade which really just doesn't make sense. If Boba got any hit on Mace I'd think it'd have been a long range dart or something as a 14 year old bounty hunter, even Boba being good enough to stab the second most powerful Jedi on the Council seems just off.<

Boba doesn't stab Mace. In fact, he goes to great lengths to get a Kyber dart so that he can take a long range shot, just as you suggested. It doesn't work, though, and he ends up trying (repeat, trying) to fight Mace hand to hand...but Palpatine interrupts the fight and sends Mace away.

TC

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Talon you have no idea how happy you just made me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.