main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's death....before and after AotC.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Empire-Maker, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    ROTJ doesn't show him dying. It shows him falling into the Sarlacc.

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Bib! Don't! Please! I intended to keep reading this thread!

as for pluto's point.... I really think Episode 3 will show us more clearly that the boy from the PT is the Bounty Hunter from the OT.
    The unnamed characters thread is yours, so you should know that George seems to like naming these people on screen at one point or another, somehow. It just may need a bit of thinking to make the connection (even without Episode 3).

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Jcb has a point- it's hard to understand Han..as a kid I actually thought he was saying "All-Attack", which is what I assumed Boba's name was (since I didn't have the card the action figure came with to read it)...I still kinda like that name, hehe ::)

4. Moojieba

Moojieba Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Thats pretty funny, because that is also what I thought Han always said. Who knows, maybe that is what HArrison Ford said, and they just changed the name later on.

As for falling into the Sarlac, vs. dying, ok. Fine. I'll give you that. But in terms of the Star Wars movies, Boba falling into the Sarlac, indicated him being eaten (doesn't the Sarlack burp after Boba falls in) AND in the NE, the digital beak actually swallows Boba.

But fine, lets assume that he is alive in the belly of the sarlac. In terms of the OT, and the movies of the saga in general, this is Boba's exit. I prefer to look at it as a pretty creepy death, being slowly digested in the belly of that thing, but other fans focus on the "punk" way he got sent there. AND for those fans who don't follow the EU, this is the problem.

Saying "He didn't die" is not a universal answer.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I thought the whole way they added Boba Fett to the PT is a shame and a travesty... what a waste...

As a kid, I thought his death was just fine, because, really, I didn't care an iota about Boba Fett at that point... it was all about Luke and Han, and of course, Leia in that super sexy gold metal bikini (hey, I was 10!)

Now, I wish his "fall" into the sarlacc would have been done better, but I don't lose any sleep over it.

6. jxchamb

jxchamb Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    I would've perfered a little bit of boba in AOTC and a small role of him as a grown up in Ep III. Instead we see him witness his father's death by a Jedi who doesn't exist in the OT. What I would have wanted was for Jango to be killed by Anakin in AOTC and than have Luke kill Boba in RoTJ. Anyway, his death in RoTJ was always a bit comical but come on, who were you really watching during those scenes, Boba or Leia?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.