main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's face

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RC1309, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC1309

RC1309 Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2007
    Does it bother you guys that Boba is such a mystery in the OT, but in AOTC his face is shown (Jango's technically, but as you most certainly know, he's an unaltered clone) and he is also shown as a little kid? It doesn't bother me but what do you think?

2. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    He's like Vader in the OT (up until ROTJ)... you get to imagine what he looks like and then along comes the PT and you're shown his appearance. I remember seeing ROTJ on opening day and when Luke takes Vader's mask off thinking "I never expected him to look like that!".

I still like to think that we don't really know what Boba looks like in ESB/ROTJ, i.e. in my mind he's all scarred and battle weary. Even though GL gave us a face... we can still imagine what it looks like many many years later.

I actually think it's a tad sad that EVERYTHING has to be so inter-related, i.e. did we really need to meet Jango Fett and Boba in the PT? If so couldn't Jango have actually had a son and not a clone? In that case - what Boba looks like wouldn't have been shown to us since a child often times looks unlike the parent.

Seems like great pains were taken to make what seems like an incredibly vast universe actually quite small since virtually everything in the OT is related to the PT (locations, characters, etc. that once might have been desperate and unrelated are now all tied into a nice little bundle).

3. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    I think the Obi-Wan arc overtook the Vader story line in the PT, largely due to the talent of Ewan to make the leap from Padawan in TPM to the wise and patient master in ROTS who dovetails perfectly with Sir Alec in ANH. This was a most pleasant surprise.

I still don't see where Lucas was going with Jake as a young Anakin, but George is the master. Trying to draw in a new generation of kids (who will buy toys)? Showing Anakin's innocence? Still, with no disrespect to Jake (who performed well under the circumstances), a teenage Anakin (at a minimum) would have made more sense. And having Hayden play Anakin through the entire PT would have mirrored Mark Hamill's portrayal of Luke in the complete OT.

Using Tatooine as the backdrop and Jabba, Owen and Beru as plot props to the pod race and Tusken kidnapping were gratuitous tributes to the OT, IMO. But they seemed to work well enough, despite the sense of over-familiarity in those treatments.

The Wookiees? I realize Lucas wanted to to the Wookiees in ROTJ but had to settle for Ewoks instead. But the addition of Wookiees to ROTS as a plot device to draw Yoda from Coruscant was not necessarily their best employment, especially since we do not see their subsequent enslavement by the Empire nor Han's formative relationship with Chewie.

Boba as a clone, albeit unaltered, of Jango and brother to all of the original Storm Troopers? Not an angle I could have possibly foreseen in 1998, and a pretty big stretch from where I sit right now. One would think that the scene in TESB between Vader and Boba would hint at more of this contrived lineage, but alas it does not.

Shmi buried on the Lars homestead? Yuk! So that's were Beru 'really' got the mushrooms from!!!!! [face_sick]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.