main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's Nod At Jabba's Palace

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Esperanza_Nueva, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    sorry if this has been discussed before.. i searched for it but didnt find any results so yeah..

after Leia (who at that time is disguised as a bounty hunter) turns over Chewie to Jabba's men and starts a conversation with Threepio, the camera focuses on Boba Fett who nods his head.

What do you think about this? Do you think his nod was directed towards Leia (disguised)?

I think it was a gesture of respect to a fellow bounty hunter who accomplished an almost impossible task of capturing the mighty Chewbacca

Thoughts?

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think it means "Something's fishy... I've got my eye on you, buddy."

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    Boba Fett is acknowledging the great feat of capturing Chewbacca. It would a person of great skill to capture Chewie.

4. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    I agree with y'all and the maybe the fact that Boushh didn't cower to Jabba's offer.

5. Jedi_Vaapad

Jedi_Vaapad Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2003
    Respect between bounty hunters.

6. vmhz

vmhz Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    i think hes saying "if your ok with Jabba, your ok with me... even though i was just about to waste you with my sawed-off special"

7. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I think he saw through Leai's deisguise, and was goin' "Dang, you're hot! Oh yeah, baby, I'm talking to you." [nods and cocks eybrows under helmet.]

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL^

I'd agree with the "There's something fishy here, I've got my eye on you."

Notice the giant trap a few scenes later.

9. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    nah... i think its either a nervous twitch or he's doing his best ta stay awake.

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    He's showing his respect to a fellow bounty hunter for both capturing Chewbacca and facing down Jabba.

11. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    "Nice thermal detonater stunt."

In other words, you've got guts.

12. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    SLIMYBUG, I'm with you, I think he did see trough her disquise and thought she looked EXTREMELY HOTTT and SEXXXY. I bet he is the one that told Jabba she should wear the slave girl outfit. I give Boba way more respect now, knowing he is responsible for the best outfit in the series. Hats off to you Boba, You're my new best friend. 8D

13. metaforcesaber

metaforcesaber Jedi Master star 2

Oct 13, 2002
    LMFAO!!! I couldn't have said it better.

I too think it was a gesture of acknowledgement of respect an' all that. And also a gesture of wariness. But in the end, retrospectively, we need all the footage of Boba we can get, since his 'dad' was a main character in the prequels.

Finally, I think it also means "You captured that nuclear dog monkey thing and you're a suicidal lunatic. I like you." (;

14. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Maybe he's like "I caught Han you caught Chewie, let's make it baby yeah"

Naw it's out of respect...that's how the gangster life is.

15. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    "You captured that nuclear dog monkey thing and you're a suicidal lunatic. I like you."

[face_laugh]

16. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I've always thought it to be a sign of respect toward another bounty hunter.

17. Darth Exar

Darth Exar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    Interesting...I mean, the next scene we see in the palace IS everyone taking a nap. Maybe dozing off and thinking "bah, I could be asleep right now if this nerf herder hadn't brought in the big ape so late!"

18. MaskedSuperstar

MaskedSuperstar Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2003
    He's saying "Good job" while thinking "You think your stupid trick is working, but I can see right through you, Chewbacca, and that idiot Calrissian, do you really think no one would notice him????!!!"

19. metaforcesaber

metaforcesaber Jedi Master star 2

Oct 13, 2002
    I change my vote. To the quote above. Seriously. It never occurred to me that Boba was spoiling for a proper fight. I know, I call myself a fan, but in all seriousness... that's why he was withholding the info from Jabba. I see that now. Damnit. Wait...what were we talking about? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.