Oceania Bobby Flynn FTW

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by epic, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    And Dean's gone. No surprise.

Final two: Damien and Jess.

Damien FTW.

;)
  2. Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Master

star 4
    I would be curious to know how the weekly votes would fall if there was no judging (and no 'wrap up' segment on the Monday shows).

To me, Idol is a product of the advertising culture that produced it and thus reflects the typical 'sheep' syndrome that can be seen therein.
  3. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know how much it will effect the final vote, but I do think the Jess sung a better version of the single which will be released if she wins.
  4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    However, even though you think that, it was clear to everyone else that Damien sung a much better version that wasn't the simple boring mellow stuff that all winning Idols come out with first. His had more rock, more heart, and more difference than any other winner songs we've heard before and clearly made him even more of a star.

;)
  5. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
  6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Sunday, mate, Sunday. Opera House and all that jazz.
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[face_dancing]

All I can say at the moment is: DAMIEN!!!!!!

;)

I can't believe that this Idol made me so excited. :p
  8. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah so Damien did win did he?

I'm glad actually as the runner up has done better in the long run most years! :p
  9. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    And the winner of Australian Idol izzzzzzz... Val Doonican!

:D
  10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    This time however, and this is something that made me want him to win even more, their first cd, or Damien's I should say, isn't going to be rushed out the door in five days. They are actually giving him time. Which is finally what they needed to do.

As I watched the finale and heard the top twelve sing, the sad part to me was that I preferred Reigan over Jess in all aspects as a singer. Hmph.
  11. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    mark my words Bobby Flynn will have a more successful career than Damien.

and yes i say this wihtout having seen any of his performances since Bobby got kicked out.
  12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    No matter what you think of "touchdowns", Damien received two of them back to back one night, and then opened the show the next week with another. And truly, those performances were simply amazing. One of them, Roy Orbison's "Crying", was spine chilling.

So I'm going to disagree with you. While I dearly hope Bobby gets somewhere, I don't think his career will be more successful than the Australian Idol. The following isn't quite there for him and his music. Of course, I'll be sure to try and find his stuff myself.

But you can't just knock Damien off the shelf with abandon - he deserved it after his later performances.
  13. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Damien by defualt has at least an Irish market lined up. He will be or first idol to conquer beyond these shores! Bobby will not do that
  14. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
  15. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think you'll find a single human being who remembers this guy. Cant even remember who the actual winners of any were.....i remember there was that fat chick?
  16. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw Bobby Flynn on the morning show a few weeks ago
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    He was opening for some act just recently, wasn't he?

Oh I don't know though. But I'm sure I saw I heard something.
  18. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    He was playing a solo gig here last week...I think. I tend to black that kind of terrible music out :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.