main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Body Art

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bib Fartuna, May 18, 2014.

1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I respect the choices, wishes, and personal desires of the individual.

To each their own.

In terms of 'body art', they only "crazy" thing I did, (IMHO) was having my ear-pierced during my teenage years, which quickly closed over after a few years.

I am a clean skin, tattoo wise, as compared to my Father, who is an old salty Navy man.

However, reading this article, and seeing this picture, do you fellow JCC'ers, think that this has gone too far???

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/holey-moley-german-man-takes-body-art-level-article-1.1796231

It really brings new meaning, to 'tongue-in-cheek humour'...

[​IMG]

Anyone out there have any crazy body art experiences? Tattoo's? Brandings? Piercings?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm sure he won't regret it.

3. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Primum non nocere

How would he organized someone to do this? Surely the local tattoo parlour wouldn't have performed this operation, so how could a Doctor break the Hippocratic Oath???

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I had 8 piercings on each ear for a while. I got rid of it because I was lazy but working my way back to that. No tattoos though.

Honestly most of my life I thought tattoos and piercings were for extremists, then I moved to LA. I don't know a single other person with no tattoos. Everyone here looks like an artsy futuristic open minded person. It's made me change my opinion on that stuff a lotttt. But at the end of the day I don't give a **** what someone else does to themself.

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000

I had the impression from the article that he did it in a similar way to the way morons put those massive half-foot holes in their earlobes: start with a small hole and progressively stretch it out with larger and larger inserts over months if not years. No doctor necessarily required unless there's an infection, presumably.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    My older sister (RIP) got a tattoo of an apple on her chest a couple of years before she died, but other than that and my aunt, we've never been a family big on tattoos, maybe because of our Baptist background. My mother and sister told me once I should get a SW tattoo, but I dunno, I don't want to go through the pain.