main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Boerne Public Library Visit This Weekend!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to remind all of you that the Boerne Public Library has invited us to their Star Wars day and book signing with author, Aaron Allston. We need as many people in costume as possible. We will be taking pictures in costume and doing some activities with children. Please let me know ASAP if you will be able to attend.

Thanks, and I hope to see everyone there!
    Lisa

2. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Lisa I will be there in or out of costume....depends, check your email. Also are we needing to get polaroid film??? I will have my camera there of course for web site pics. I also don't mind emailing pics taken with kids if parents have an email address.

C'mon guys and gals, lets get enthused and have fun on Saturday.

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Good to see our fellow SAFFers getting out and about. Good luck with Saturday :)

4. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I will be there. Who else is going?

5. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Lisa
    Brent
    Alex
    Marselles
    Carlos
    Rita (maybe?)

That's the list so far.

6. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Add Darth Mikus who will be doing sketch cards...

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    AWESOME!!! Glad to see we got a good group together.

8. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Mars, did you ever get my email? If Virginia wants to join us, she's more than welcome to wear my linen Jedi tunics. They have been dry-cleaned, all she needs is black pants. Just let me know. Alex had also asked if we needed to bring polaroid film. The librarian told me they were just going to do pictures on their digital camera. I'll post a link for the map tomorrow.

9. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Would it be possible for me to ride along with someone? I'm still not sure if Virginia can make it.

10. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Hey Mar's, I'm picking up Mike. But I got a sub-compact rental.....Perhaps you could make it to Lisa's??? If that's ok with her???? Let me know. If not, Mike is small enough to be in the back and your knees can ache with mine as we try to get in. It's smaller and lower to the ground than your car......

11. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I could make it to Lisa's. Just not to Boerne. I'm outta cash and need to conserve gas.

12. NY_JEDI

NY_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Marz,

I got you partner I'll pick you up. I will call you tonight for directions to your crib.

Peace
    CEE

13. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Click on the link below for the map to the Boerne Public Library. The address is 210 N. Main St., Boerne, TX. 78006. I would like for us to meet at the Library by 12:30pm to allow time for set up and costume preparation. If any of you need to reach me, call me on my cell phone. Please make sure to allow time for any road closures on 410 and I-10. You might have to take an alternate route.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=210+N.+Main+St.&csz=Boerne,+TX+78006&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Thanks again to all of you who are coming out to this event! See you at 12:30!!!!

Lisa

14. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Thanks for the ride bro. I'll pm you the directions.

15. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Today's event was fantastic! The people from the library said that it was the biggest and best event they have ever done, and the kids who were there really seemed to enjoy it. There was a great turnout, and they would love for us to come back and make this a yearly event!

Thanks to all of you who showed up: Alex, Robert, Marselles, Carlos, Michael, Virginia, Brent, James from SWSSA, and the guys from the 501st, Joe, John, Mark and Bob, and especially to my mom who helped get Alex's costume finished in time and helped out with so many other things. I also really appreciate those of you who helped out by giving your fellow SAFF members rides to the event! The ladies from the Boerne Library also deserve our gratitude for inviting us and organizing the event, and to Aaron Allston for being so nice to us. This really was one of the best events we've done in a long time, and we look forward to many more!

Alex should be posting pictures on the website soon, so make sure to check for updates!

Thanks,
    Lisa

16. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    I agree with Lisa...This afternoon rocked. I had a great time. I could not have been there in costume without Lisa's mom...She literally almost pulled an all-niter to get my x-wing pilot up to standards. All my love to Roseanne.....[face_love]

To our new members Michael (Darth Mikus) and Virginia, thanks for joining us and jumping right in with both feet and participating. Virginia looked super as a Jedi and all the kids and some adults were all out happy with the sketches Mike was doing for them. If you haven't seen his work, Mike is an awesome artist. =D=

Marselles "The Voice" Coe, it's not an event without you bro,,,,Carlos had the Sandtrooper armor looking great even if he is lousy with directions....j/k....[face_laugh]

Robert thanks for making the event and taking pictures for me while I was helping the kids make masks. Brent, great to see you....our awesome Jedi.....

And last, Lisa, for keeping this great group together in the good times and the lean times. We couldn't do it without you....[:D]

Thanks to James for representing SWSSA. And the big draw of the afternoon ,the 501st Stormtroopers from the Star Garrison, South Texas Squad: John, Mark, Joe and Bob. It's not a Star Wars event without troopers. Thanks for taking time to join us.

If the pics are not up by late tonight definately by tomorrow as it is time to update the web site for June.....

17. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I haven't had the chance to come out and say thanks for another awesome outing with you guys.
    For those that I hadn't met before Saturday, Robert, Brent, Carlos..even Lisa, her great cool mom and virginia..it was a pleasure meeting y'all. And thanks for letting metake part in that great event.
    I'd mentioned to Alex on the way back from Boerne..usually whenever I've taken part in a similar event, the turn out was always poor. I haven't drawn that fast in a long time but it was great having a line of smiling anxious kids waiting for something.

18. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I'm sorry I was late to an obviously awesome event. I wasn't in costume either. Sorry about that too. I can't take any credit cause I didn't do anything but fart around. I give so much credit to Lisa, Roseann, Alex, Mike, the 501st and even the SWSSA for making the Boerne gig a successful one.

Thanks guys.

19. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I wanted to apologize again for being late. But I think I arrived just in time to participate in the zanniness of kids wacking eachother. And Mars . . . regardless of being IN or OUT of costume you are ALWAYS a vital part of the group entertaining the kids and adults with your sound effects, stories and . . . well hell, just being you! We are all lucky you bless us with your presence.

Anyway, I wanted to say I'm sorry that I was unable to help in the preperation more. Thanks again to Lisa and Roseanne for all your hard work in bringing the goodies. Glad to see everyone there from 501st and SSWS. Happy to see Carlos and Robert. It's been a while. And Virginia in costume! I'm off on Sunday to Colorado for a week so everyone stay cool while I'm in the mountains. I'll be thnking about you.

-Brent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.